• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

JohnnyB said:
Played a round with a guy that had one breast. Like honest to god if it were part of a pair and on a chick nice rack breast. Needless to say it was very distracting.

LOL This is Bob, Bob had a bitch tit.

bob.jpg

Good- Shot a four under 52 on the long and hard lay out at McPherson at league. Third best round of the day. Beat by two open players. Got a 2 on a hole that only a few other people 3'd. It was awesome. Eagle.

Bad- Missed a couple easy pars, I could have won

Ugly- Double bogey on a hole I can consistently par.

Good: Threw my 149g Teebird 280' from a standstill, on a golf line, at the practice field with no wind. That matches the farthest throws I've ever had and all those were using a Vision and a full run up, plus requiring the left to right room for the disc to work. This was a straight line about 15' off the ground. It wasn't a total fluke either because the other throws I did properly often went 240-260. There's tons still to work on as far as control goes, lots of high throws or sharp hyzers still, but I finally saw true progress. I then threw a Wizard 200' with no noticeable OAT, which in a way is a bigger deal to me than the long Teebird throw. Playing a round later today but no matter what happens it will be a good day overall, I haven't felt this excited about anything DG related since my epiphany on how to throw backhand low and flat instead of on a big newbie hyzer.

The bad: I got the flu

The ugly: I have a tournament saturday and sunday and I decided to move up a class.

Bad.. rain rain rain rain

Ugly- gotta go into work early.. now no time for dg

OMG UGLY

Stinging nettles. I got experienced with these things out on the course. Nasty plants. When you brush against them, there is initially a minor cutting/stinging feeling, quickly followed by incessant burning and itching for maybe an hour.

There are certain courses where I'm going to have to learn to wear long pants.

The Awesome: I'm getting a cool champ roc from Frank_Delicious!!!

The Good: Leagues was a blast, and I won pro beating out Ed Williams, David Wiggins Jr. and a couple good open players on one of the Hardest layouts at Johnson Street.

The Bad: The weather is terrible, rain for the past three days...

The Ugly: I'm missing a tournament in Winston this weekend, but its for a good cause.

Awesome: Put baskets back in my favorite course in IC last night, Peninsula Park. The place still needs a lot of work to fully recover from the flood damage last spring but it is getting better.

Good: Got my 3rd ACE the night before last on a 334' hyzer, a lot like my 2nd ace only like 10' shorter, gogo teebirds!

Bad: Taking a 5 on the same hole I ACEd like...45 minutes later.

Ugly: Nothing really, my game is getting better at this point, still not where I was a year ago, but I'm finally practicing enough to improve.

This is a little late, but regarding the Beaver State Fling:
Good: Got second in am, beat Feldberg for a round.
Bad: Wanted first.
Ugly: Finding OB trying to catch 1st place during the last 5 holes.

Good - Right before leaving for a round I was waiting on a friend's front porch. I noticed a disc sitting under some junk on the deck, pulled it out, and it's a Ken Climo 4x USDGC Glo Roc :shock: :D The best part is, the guy doesn't really care about disc collectability, he just wants ones he can throw well. So we worked out a trade for the Roc!!!!

Good - After getting the Roc, we headed to Mokena, and I shot -11(my previous record being like -2 or -3)

Bad - I'm heading to Michigan for the weekend but can't get a friend to loan me a basket, so I'll be throwing at trees all weekend unless I get out to a few courses between work.

Ugly - Luckily, I have nothing to contribute here. Except maybe that I keep getting paired with the least skilled player in the last few weeks at any doubles I play, whether it's league, with friends, or randomly on a course. :x

Good - played my first tourney last weekend, and met my personal goal.
Bad - I 5-putted the second to last hole of the day.
Ugly - Baggers!

Banzai said:
Good - played my first tourney last weekend, and met my personal goal.
Bad - I 5-putted the second to last hole of the day.
Ugly - Baggers!

That's good that you met your personal goal, that's about all you can ask for. Baggers are just to be expected whatever tournament you play and will usually take the leader spots, you can either play a level down and be a bagger yourself or simply set personal goals for yourself which you did. Untill you're playing open you won't really find fair competition at any tournament.

The good: Actually called the Ace before I hit it.

The bad: Cut the shit out of my middle finger on the 2nd hole.

The ugly: All my discs, dog, and Khaki shorts are now covered in blood.

Fucking cocksukers breaking bottle on the course.

domromer said:
The good: Actually called the Ace before I hit it.

The bad: Cut the shit out of my middle finger on the 2nd hole.

The ugly: All my discs, dog, and Khaki shorts are now covered in blood.

Fucking cocksukers breaking bottle on the course.

I hate that part of Thopre.

Good - shot a personnel best, got an ace, and I saw two fellow disc golf reviewers today.

bad- I had to work a long shift today (I work at a disc golf store though so it isn't really that bad)

ugly - nothing really.

good: Have been working on opening my hips and following through and it has really paid off. Played Heritage Farm in MD and threw a SOLF over 400' for the first time in a while. I don't know the exact distance but the hole (9) is marked 467' and I made it just past and right of the little tree grove just short of the hole which was like 35' short of the pin.

good: came home to a new inversion table and that thing works wonders for my back

bad: went to go field throw today and the field is covered in fire ants

ugly: played Woodsboro regional DG course and almost lost a CE eagle and did lose a 10x candy blend eagle. That course was so unkempt and unmowed it sucked. Lost the eagle on hole 7, a big down hill hole, a headwind kicked up after I threw and raised my eagle just enough to have it land and take a giant skip into some real nasty undergrowth. I knew as soon as the disc went in there it was gone.

good: Shot my personal best on the back nine playing the new layout at wickham park

bad: shot a 40 on the front nine playing the long positions

ugly: I played with a wraith for the first time since april and I had to keep telling myself to put it back and take out my teebird. Its hard not to reach for it if its there :roll:

Good: 6th in Advanced and cashed in division on Saturday

Bad: 22nd in the same division on Sunday...

Ugly: For the weekend I managed to shoot 930+ for 3 rounds then imploded in the 4th with a 869, that last round was just ugly...started with parking a 360' uphill drive only to miss the 14' putt and went downhill from there.