• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Good: Played my best round, in fact my only truly good round, in a couple weeks. I've been messing around with my mechanics and grip (mostly to lots of frustration and no success) and my drives have been all over the place, usually bad places. Finally got some consistency (and a bit of extra distance) today and had some really nice drives. Had six birdie putts and two other decent looks at birds; only sank two but it was great to be able to blame my putting for things instead of my drives.

Bad: Probably should have sank at least one or two more of those putts, had a couple other poor ones. Wrist roll issues at times that I'm working through.

Ugly: Nothing!

Good: Fell in love with the Champ Beast after finding a brand spanking new one(no name) on the course this week. For some reason this thing just looks like it explodes every time I throw it.

Bad: After playing my best 2 rounds ever, -3/-4, at Steeplechase(kyle, tx) I have been in a terrible funk and have not played a round better than +8 in about 2 weeks. It has mainly been my putting that went to shit. I can drive with decent distance and placement put my midrange/approach game has been very bad. I was in the "zone" those days and for some reason it felt like I finally understood how to control my putts/approach.

Ugly: Taking a week off from disc golf for school Finals and to refresh myself mentally. I think I basically just fucked my head up after playing lights and now I am playing so bad. Trying to force myself into a mental state just is not working right now. When I get back out on the course next week I plan on focusing more on envisioning the throw. That technique helped me a lot in other sports and I am pretty sure was the reason I am able to putt well at times. I can see the shot before hand and feel completely confident taking it. Also it sucks that the Circle C re-opening keeps being pushed back, not playing on my home course for 6 months has been kinda nerve racking. Also I keep forgetting to mail a CE Eagle out to Dobbins and I feel like shit since his discs just arrived...IT IS GOING OUT TOMORROW DOBBINS!(with something extra) :D

Good: won the weekly singles league tonight at Crane Creek with a 10 down :mrgreen:
Bad: perfect ace run with my 170 ESP pred hit dead center chains and bounced right back out the front, it would have been my second ace in 2 days and netted me a pinner ace pot
Ugly: ive picked like 4 or 5 ticks off of me since the round! :x that god damn place is infested

Good: Tied for first in my local handicap league; my first round ever with money on the line. My drives were keeping up with the local big guns on my card.
Bad: It was raining the hole round and I was soaked; *and* I had to keep score.
Ugly: I missed about three 15 foot putts.

Conclusion is that my putting game is the main thing holding me back.

good: took 2nd in open at a tourney in my hometown. (have not played there in like 4 years)

bad: got laid off from my job of about 2 years on wed

ugly: my girlfriend broke up with me, kicked me out...and kept my dog

the good to come out of it: way more time for throwing!

death by hyzer said:
good: took 2nd in open at a tourney in my hometown. (have not played there in like 4 years)

bad: got laid off from my job of about 2 years on wed

ugly: my girlfriend broke up with me, kicked me out...and kept my dog

the good to come out of it: way more time for throwing!
man that sucks...dogs are awesome. :wink:

Good: Birdied back to back "bogey holes" today with huge drives off the tee.

Better: Figured out that I can eliminate nose-up if I position my wrist with a little hyzer on my reach back. Don't know why I can't throw flat and nose-down, but I like throwing hyzer anyway, and my bag is already set up for it. My discs actually turn over more when thrown with hyzer than when thrown flat :?

Bad: Lost to a friend with a missed 12 footer on 18, ended up +1.

Ugly: Putting: 2 of 2 from 0-10', 1 of 7 from 10-20', 0 of 5 from 20-35'. I've stopped working on distance, but I've barely started working on putting :oops:

Good- found 11x firebird, no name
Better- Play preston miller 10 down
Ugly- Lost my choice backhand wraith

the good/great: The 11x Firebird i lost a few months ago at west guth just happened to be in this cool guys bag that was in my group for doubles. after i noticed it i asked if he found it and he said yeah but at a different course and when he pulled it out my name was erased and some body else's name was on there that wasn't neither of ours. so he just gave it back to me and didn't want anything in return. i ended up giving the dude a r-pro aviar for it cause its the only thing i had that he threw.

the bad: my partner at doubles. i felt like i had to make all my throws cause most of his were unusable....i don't mind sidearm throwers but this guys sidearm throws were just terrible.

the ugly: +3 through an easy course and i threw a terrible shot into ob. and of course my partner had to throw across the street even though he shot second and just had to stay in bounds.

but im so happy about getting my 11x Firebird back.

Good: I was throwing alot of drives straight and far yesterday in a tag match @ rockburn. Very slow 2 step runup, minimal effort.

Better: I canned 3 or 40'+ putts (I've been doing this a good bit recently, too bad it's saving 3's from bad upshots)

Bad: The circle 6 I took on hole 9. The 3 missed puts from < 20'.

Ugly: Loosing the tag match to my buddy and getting the 123? tag. O well, dumping high tags on people is fun.

I feel like I'm playing really well right now, my scores just don't reflect it. I need to tighten my game up a little bit overall and I will start scoring very well....

Good: Drove down to Sarasota today to play the two courses there for the first time, played well enough overall and enjoyed the courses.

Bad: Walked across a ditch which seemed quite solid but when I stepped in the middle I sank shin deep into disgusting mud, actually had one foot come out of the shoe when I pulled it out and had to work the shoe out of the mud. Good thing I brought extra socks.

The Good: I won the weekly Sundog league playing advanced last night with a 53 at Kaposia.

The Great: My round was rated 1011 and was the 3rd best out of 185 people

The Awesome: My putting is back! Thank the lord.

The One Bad: I turned my 35 ft birdie oppurtunity on a 500ft hole into a 4, oh well.

the good...played west park in joliet. 1st time in like a year.

the bad... shot 8 over and just felt off the whole day. could be because i only got 1 hour of sleep than took a plane to Joliet and did not eat or drink for about 20 hours.

the ugly.... my shoes after playing west park.

The good: finally busted out a new record round of 4 down at my home course,

The bad: missed 1st place by 1 stroke to one of the highest rated players in Texas. He had a double bogey too lol.

The ugly: got lucky on a couple holes. Others on my card were having a bad day and grumbling constantly, it was pretty hard to keep my mind off of it. Maybe its good mental practice I suppose.

Good: played a serious match play round last night and won. Felt good to really have a competitive round for the first time in a while.

Bad: my back has been bothering me lately and I don't know why.

ugly: during the match play round both I and my opponent had some pretty crappy cut-thrus. The round would have been way more exciting if it wasn't for those (of course his cut-thru on the last hole to tie it up wasn't that bad)

Good- Actually got to play in a tourny yesterday. Saw some buddies that I hadn't seen for a while.

Bad- My play. I couldn't stick any putts. I was hitting chain and pole, but I got a LOT of spit and kick outs

Ugly- HUGE down pours in the second round. After an hour delay, the course was horrible. On the long hole there was ZERO footing after the tee off.

Really ugly- I really hurt my elbow and possibly tore something in my bicep. There is a weird dip in my muscle now. It hurts like hell.

Good: Just moved back to the general Dallas area...played in and won a few minis earlier this week (BB Owen, Cedar Hill).

Bad: I currently live in the middle of nowhere east of Dallas (between Wills Point and Quinlan), where nobody has ever heard of disc golf and the nearest course is about 45 min away. Luckily, that course is top notch -- Harry Myers Park in Rockwall, TX.

Ugly: Promised my girlfriend that today would be "Kathy Day", which means no disc golf for me...

Good: Playing through a group I saw someone was throwing one of my dyed discs(again), my first dye in fact. So I got that back.
Bad: Could not get the distance on my drives today.
Ugly: Played a round with a guy that had one breast. Like honest to god if it were part of a pair and on a chick nice rack breast. Needless to say it was very distracting.

The good: won my bracket in a little match play tourney. I really focused and made all the key drives and didn't miss a putt inside 30'

also I got a $1000 bonus at work.

the bad: Still can't afford to play any PDGAs, all that is going to bills.

The ugly: nothing really.

bad: lost my favorite (and only) Roadrunner today :cry: a nice flat top pink champ with an Audry Hepburn dye :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I had my longest throw ever with that disc :cry: