• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Good: Shot a +3 at Johnny tags tonight. Had a nice handful of birds and one ace run on 4.

Bad: I also caught a quick case of the shitties and blew a couple easy 2s and 3s.

Ugly: Storm coming in tonight that wont allow a morning game I am afraid.

good: 3 under at Steeplechase, Kyle Tx. not counting hole 16... edit: also threw my first 400ft+ shot on flat ground. beat champ orc on hole 3. 576ft shot and i was about 120ft away from the basket on my second shot. no wind either, which is rare for that hole.

bad: put a teebizzle in the drink on 16 and did not finish the hole. biggest fucking skip i have ever seen from a dx teebird. when my friends saw me fuck up they decided to not to play the hole :D

ugly: lost a beat dx teebizzle :(

missed 2 birdie puts that hit the basket so it could have been even better. was easily my best round ever at Steeplechase, playing from the big tees.

Played in the Team Championships(Match Play) this past weekend.

Good: One putted 40 straights holes...all putts 40 feet and in. The putter was on fire and couldn't miss.
Bad: Lost my last match on the day to snatch away the perfect sweep of 7-0-0 for the Match Play points. 6-0-1 isn't too bad either.
Ugly: Our team blew a 2 hole lead in the final nine and lost.

The Good: I have been watching some videos and changing my driving techniques, and I have increased my distance off the tee.

The Bad; My arm really hurts from making over 100 throws at the practice field yesterday,

good: played a consistent round at the first league of the season, one off my personal best. Also happened to be on the card with a fellow DGR member I hadn't met before. All in all a really great round.

bad: despite my good round I left with the same tags I came with.

ugly: nothing I can think of.

Good: Played my first non-casual round (and it was my first time playing doubles) today, my partner was quite good but though I wasn't really an asset I don't think I was a drag. We played several of my drives and I made a miracle putt (forehanded a Drone 50-60 feet through a somewhat tight space) to save par on our one time being in danger of having a bogey. We finished 10 strokes behind the lead but it was fun and I played pretty well by my standards.

Bad: After starting out with some nice drives I struggled for a while with them and wasn't getting much done off the tee. In my casual round earlier in the day I made a great drive and parked about 10 feet from the hole, then missed the putt.

Ugly: Nothing really. Good day on the courses.

The good: Over 100 holes played this weekend.

The bad: Overshot my last hole throwing my sexy pink valkyrie(see my dyes) into a swamp.

The ugly: Playing a game yesterday the group ahead of us had left a disc in the basket. I pulled it out to yell at them and throw it in their direction until I recognized the name and number on the bottom. Mine. I opted to just slip it into the bag.

Good: My game was much better the second time this year I got to my home course. More power after winter so lifting weights works. Forehand drives returned to daddy and my 168 Star Boss and new * Gator flew beautifully giving me 5 birdies on the three holes that I use FH on the two rounds I played. A different experience playing with two other guys vs the usual one. Had to buy a stable driving putter in primo plastic quickly for an upcoming tourny and the only one available * Aviar driver worked perfectly for me on full power throws. For me it didn't flip more than Wizards. That Gator is great tommied and for escape shots.

The bad: May have given a too harsh reintroduction to the course to that guy playing with my usual throwing buddy. But no excuses for playing well :) I have work to do with the Aviar finding correct hyzer angles on less than full power drives. I usually put too much hyzer at less than full power but since I got so many birdies I'm not heart broken. Missed too often with Aviar when putting to keep on trying due to slips. Too slick combined with the size and my small hand being spoiled by softish plastic Spike. Don't think warmer weather would make Aviar a better disc than others grip wise but comparable to many. No trouble during drives.

Uglee: Everything skipped including the Aviar and one of the reasons I got the Gator was a steep downhill drive that I prefer to throw with a stall shot due to solid rock protection of the entire green. I wasn't able to pull enough power with Champ Banshee usually used so I got the Gator but the disc skipped both times with slow speed a great distance to the next fairway :( May have to adopt a tommy now that the Gator is so suitable a disc for me on that shot. The plastic on * Boss is too soft for bedrock covered course that the ice age left jagged in many places. Bad deep scars on the nose from 4 drives but luckily no changes in flight that I noticed.

Ugly: Weather for league today. Gusting winds, slight rain, cold as hell.

Bad: Had an unneeded noodly ass up shot that hit a tree about six feet from my lie. Lead to bogey.

Good: Shot the best of all the shitty rounds, and won. 56, two over, with some hard placements. Really nice round despite the weather. Got two "used" (and I use this term lightly, no ink, hardly thrown) 11x tee birds for my efforts.

Other Ugly: Both tee birds are the exact same shade of red, with the exact same green stamp as my tee bird.

Good: played Steeplechase(kyle, TX) and found that they moved the baskets to alternate pins. enjoyed the new lines and challenges

Bad: shot +6 with a triple bogey on a hole I always par. missed 4 birdie puts from within 20ft that hit the front iron. was trying to many new/stupid lines I thought I could make. just gonna take a roc, teebird, aviar out there tomorrow and play it simple.

Ugly: cleaning a 9x KC Pro Eagle(full circle stamp 8/10) and it cracked on the flight plate. major bummer

i assume because it is a really old disc. was in good shape but maybe i pressed too hard on the wrong spot. was cleaning dirt off on the top around where the rim and flight plate meet. cracked right on the rim and down the middle.

Luke said:
Bummer. That sucks. I didn't know you could do that with just a cleaning.

never happened to me until that disc but you can bet from now on I am going to be super gentle with them

The bad: Played a leauge qualifier last night and shot a +8. I missed every birdie putt and almost every par putt possible. My only two birds the whole round were from a tommy and a thumber.

The sick nasty: My thumber birdie was a bomb over the top of a wall of trees everyone else was trying to thread though. Parked right under the basket.

The good: Got my forehand drive back today. I was sailing all kinds of not very stable discs-comets, XLs, beasts. I dunno how it suddenly got so smooth. Last week I was torquing preds over when I tried to flick them.

good: helped a friend teach a disc golf class tonight. Got some people really interested in disc golf and I managed not to embarrass myself throwing example shots.

bad: played a few holes before everyone got there to warm up, had an ace run going right at a short downhill hole and a wind gust pushed it up over the basket and OB.

ugly: nothing really.

Good: Beautiful weather for doubles

Bad: Shot like crap

Ugly: A guy piled his motorcycle into the guardrail near hole 12 (right after myself and another guy parked it -so that's kinda good). I called 911, and they flighted him out. Hope he's going to be okay. He was talking when the EMTs got there, but didn't know anything other than his name. If he hadn't had a helmet on, he'd have been a dead man.

dgdave said:
Luke said:
Other Ugly: Both tee birds are the exact same shade of red, with the exact same green stamp as my tee bird.
Why is that a bad thing?

I felt compelled to knock off one of the stamps and dye another, as they should have a little varience, so I can tell them apart more easily.

BTW: Strikers < Teebirds.