• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

The Good: day off work and i found a disc without a name today
The Bad: super windy
The Ugly: may have left my fav. Champion firebird on a course :x
if i did im really mad at myself

good - Got my first PDGA win yesterday at the Western Lakes Open in the intermediate division. I think it is time to move up.

ugly - I got all that funny money and didn't need anything. You know you have too many discs when this happens to you.

Bad: Went 17 hole with no birdies
Ugly: Got double bogey on the first of the alternate holes appropriatley named the A hole.
Good: Finished with 4 birdies in 7 holes to end up 1 under par.

Good: I got a round in after work yesterday with two friends (thank you daylight savings) and my putting was ON. I nailed 6 birdies in 18 holes and 3 of those putts were outside the circle.

Bad: The temperature dropped like a rock today and now it's almost 0 degrees. I gotta work in 45 min. I will play a round when I get off though...

Ugly: I got a sextuple bogey on Hole 4 - the worst score I've ever carded on a single hole the entire time I've been playing DG. I griplocked my drive (it's a VERY tight fairway with tons of trees on both sides) and hit a tree with the next four tommies just trying to get back to the fairway...

Good- got in some good discin the last few days. I got in a round with my good buddy who hasn't played in about 2 months because he just had a baby.

Good- My putting has been pretty good. Getting the Left and Right thing down, now just have to dial in the high(biggest problem) and low. I've been hitting a ton of metal on long putts and a few dropping.

Good- Going to STL tomorrow and I'm meeting up with Dave Mac for a round or two and get to go to the shop and hand pic some stuff.

Bad and ugly- Nothin really

maks said:
Midnightbiker said:
The Good: Wanted to play disc golf

The ugly: Been raing all weekend and cold. :evil:
true that.... and its finally not super windy here in corpus. just wet :(
+

I thought the rain was breaking, at least according to the radar. I got about 4 miles from the course, and it started pouring again. I gave up and went home.

Good: birdied a hole I hadn't birdied before, only 1 hole left at my home course.

Ugly: shot even on the first 9 holes this morning, with 1 par...

Good: Played a round with just Rhynos and magics and tore up the course. Also my putting was insanely good.

bad: that's making me question my wizard love, I am a man in crisis

ugly: I haven't seen the sun in 3 days. STOP RAINING!

Good : Won a doubles tournament at Sedgley Woods in the advanced division. Came home with 10 pieces of plastic!

Bad : Should have played pro, we would have came in 5th and cashed. We were one stroke worse than Mike Moser and his partner.

Ugly : Not a thing

More Good : Came home today to 8 pieces of plastic dropped off by the postman.
4 Vibram Putters
2 Wizards
1 CE Eagle
1 Augusta Wraith

the good. played pretty well today...and the weather was awesome.
the bad. some people were laying on the ground right in the fairway so i had to throw around them...on multiple holes .people in the fairway make me throw terrrrribly. cause im afraid of killing one of them with a low shot.
the ugly. hit the basket on a semi-close shot for par and my disc went rolling farther than the orginal shot. i missed that one too and ended up 2 over on that.

Good: Played four rounds today. Got one ace on hole 8 during my first round. Shot under par, all but one round where I finished even.

The Bad: On two rounds there were groups who wouldn't let us play through.

The Ugly: Got mad the second time this happened, and I threw a laser at a tree near the pin, and hit it. I mean good accuracy and all, made a thirty foot birdie, but poor judgment and anger management.

Hey Rusch, congrats on the win! Are you going to be at O'Hauser this weekend?

Good: It's unseasonably warm and 95% of the snow is gone, which means rounds after work
Bad: It's wet
Ugly: My shoes after said rounds.

pd

The Good: Got to play.

The bad: Getting to "learn" to be better while exhausted. Not many things learned because it's the old hat when one ain't in good shape these things happen inevitably. Twisting my ankle and slipping in the slush.

The ugly: On arrival to the course i saw a Terrier lift it's hind leg by the pin :-( Wanted to nail the sucker with a driver but the owner was standing beside the dog. A shotgun would've been more appropriate for punishing both :twisted:

Dunno where to put it: Mildly annoying what earlier would have had me plowing snow for literally hundreds of feet in all directions. I lost my first and most understable stiff glow Wizard with probably a thousand throws or more with it. I'm not so miffed about it than I would have been. See I've got a bunch of other putters and they seem to fly similarly enough to what the Wizard was doing now. It wasn't as dependable on high power or wind shots as it used to be. It had become a 169 putter plastic Radius/173 E Magic hybrid in flight lines and power handling. Glad to get it back if possible but I'm not slitting my wrists if I won't.

pointdisc said:

Good: It's unseasonably warm and 95% of the snow is gone, which means rounds after work

pd

I will be there. I assume are you are going to be as well?

Great: It's light enough for a full round after work, and it was warm enough today to play without a coat for the first time this year. Also made some best-ever drives on holes that have been problematic. Yay!
Bad: My score, despite those best-ever drives...+10 in 21 holes.
Ugly, horrible, disgusting and putrid: My putting. Wasted two parked drives inside 20' with lousy putts, and missed at least 6 others inside the circle. And I've been practicing, too...

rusch_bag said:
pointdisc said:

pd

I will be there. I assume are you are going to be as well?

Good - Won said tournament in Intermediate today. I also held a minute long conversation with Cale at said tournament and he seems like a pretty cool guy.

Ugly - I won by 6 strokes, I think it is time to move up.

Great - Spring break is this week and I get to play disc golf all day!

Good - Played two full rounds plus a few other holes for test drives. My new Vision and Core are awesome, 250 has generally been my absolute max for drives with a Gazelle but I hit that several times with the Vision and also had one around 260

Bad - My mechanics have gotten a little wonky the last couple days, I need to slow it down tomorrow and get them back under control so my release points and angles stop being so random

Ugly - Threw my last original disc, my nicely beat DX Cobra, well into a lake because I was trying too hard to make a normal throw while standing on a lot of loose rocks