• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

rusch_bag said:
rusch_bag said:
pointdisc said:
Hey Rusch, congrats on the win! Are you going to be at O'Hauser this weekend?

Good: It's unseasonably warm and 95% of the snow is gone, which means rounds after work
Bad: It's wet
Ugly: My shoes after said rounds.

pd

I will be there. I assume are you are going to be as well?

Good - Won said tournament in Intermediate today. I also held a minute long conversation with Cale at said tournament and he seems like a pretty cool guy.

Ugly - I won by 6 strokes, I think it is time to move up.

Great - Spring break is this week and I get to play disc golf all day!

Congrats! I waited around hoping someone would cancel or not show only to be turned away at 9:15 oh well I got in 3 different courses so that makes for a good day either way.

Good: I gained almost a hundred feet in distance in like a couple days.
Bad: doubled a hole cause i missed two puts. (one of them i smashed chain and the wind blew it out.
Ugly: Yo mamma jk

rusch_bag said:
Good - Won said tournament in Intermediate today.

And another sweet win there Rusch!!!

good: My new Merrells (Chameleon Iso) for disc golf are amazing. Lighter & better breathing than the Stretch IIs & a rubber toe cap. Four rounds so far and they're pretty sweet.

Better: Though I didn't win, I did place 6th in Int (behind Rusch) on a course I never played before & the thumber/t-hawk were rockin! +9 the first round (not so good) & a +2 the second.

Best: Won a mach lite at the said tournament for a CTP contest!

pd

Ugly: My buddy forgot his discs for a round this weekend and beat me with my own bag o' d's :( :(

Bad: The 5 I took on a 2 hole, the 7 I took on a 3-4 hole.

Good: Been going to PT and working on some knee tendonitis, knee is feeling much better. Using better shoes for concrete tees and re-work of my pivot has made dg pretty pain free again.

Super more gooder: The forehands I was blasting with surgical accuracy. I also found that flick rolling works really well when trying to go uphill.

pointdisc said:
rusch_bag said:
Good - Won said tournament in Intermediate today.

And another sweet win there Rusch!!!

good: My new Merrells (Chameleon Iso) for disc golf are amazing. Lighter & better breathing than the Stretch IIs & a rubber toe cap. Four rounds so far and they're pretty sweet.

Better: Though I didn't win, I did place 6th in Int (behind Rusch) on a course I never played before & the thumber/t-hawk were rockin! +9 the first round (not so good) & a +2 the second.

Best: Won a mach lite at the said tournament for a CTP contest!

pd

Nice I was wondering who won that. I didn't have any cash on me so I couldn't participate. :(

Ugly: my partner...errr...lack thereof yesterday

Bad: my putting was horrendous

Good: played 1 long round...then launched 50 + rips after the round and have virtually zero pain in the shoulder(hurray for therapy and time off)

Interesting Goodness: Played with a Sonic in the bag...the disc was very accurate from 100-150....and without much effort on the rip :) Too much torque and it would flip...which wasnt a problem.

the good :

played 1 very good round for me in saturdays tournament. Really gottin the hang of my forearm distance and short shots. Ended up hanging with the am1's after my first round score.Ended up winning my division.

The bad:
Started to slack off after the first round cause of my comfortable lead.

the ugly:
I was the only one in my division....

Good: Shot my best round ever by far today, a 59 at NE Coachman (previous best there was 67), had basically everything going my way even putting. My Vision continues to get me great distance (for me) on my drives and I'm getting better control of it as well. Also played my first glow round tonight with a glow Roc and Eagle I bought after my day round; only had a flashlight to charge them but it was enough to be able to find them easily if I charged every hole, played well in that too.

Bad: Had only one official birdie in that first round, would have had a second (and a 58 overall) if I hadn't second-guessed my shot selection and had thrown my Viper as my actual drive instead of the Vision. An understable driver was clearly the wrong disc for that hole but I had been doing so well all round with it that I changed my mind and used it anyway and it of course did not go where I needed it to, forcing an approach before the putt. The Viper meanwhile I threw after my real drive and parked it 3 feet from the hole. Second-guessing = bad.

Ugly: Nothing!

Weird: Got as many official birdies in the glow round (two) as official and unofficial ones in the day round, and on two holes I hadn't birdied before. Would have been three in the glow except I missed a fairly easy putt.

Good: Had my best round of the year last night

Bad: Turned a birdie putt in to a bogey after hitting the basket and rolling down a hill... twice.

Ugly: Took an fn 6 on a hole after hitting a tree on a drive and landing in a pricker bush... then banging my post lay-up shot off a tree... followed by chaining out a 15' putt for the 5. Ugh.

:lol:

Good: Finally got out to play some doubles last night at Rutgers and got partnered with Bob Graham (sweeet) and we actually took a few of my drives.

Bad: Took me a few embarassing drives to warm up.

Ugly: Threw a beautiful spike hyzer over big bush on a blind hole and heard chains and we all yelled. Since we are playing on campus we had a spotter, who instead of cheering was waving us off, signaling that the ace fell out. I got Rutgered :(

Bugbee said:
Good: Finally got out to play some doubles last night at Rutgers and got partnered with Bob Graham (sweeet) and we actually took a few of my drives.
(

Had to have been great playing with B.O.B. :) There's a guy who enjoys his game. Not bad having some of your drives been taken with that partner.

He is a stand up dude, for sure. His enjoyment of the game rubs off on the people he plays with, always a good time.

the good: I shot my personal best of 8 under on my home course yesterday
the bad: Stafford was setup all short
the ugly: I missed 4 birds on the only <250ft holes

The Good: Cashed in my legit advanced entry in a PDGA tournament (tied 7th) outta 20 or so
More Good: Got to see some great friends(2 hrs from home)
More Good: a few DGR members were in attendance(Ferretdancer & Bugbee)
Even more Good: 100% chance of rain.....we didnt get any!!
Even more Good: won yet another portable basket w/ a $5 entry into the raffle
The Bad: Still need to work on putting from the edge of the circle
The ugly: none!

-Solty

Good: The absence of a job has allowed me to play golf almost every day, and thanks to my severance pay (and the fact that my girlfriend is still working) I've had enough money to travel out of town and play some of my favorite courses.

I'm due for an ace soon...I can just feel it. I witnessed one recently, and ever since then I've been hitting metal almost every round.

Got to help design a new course in SW Arkansas (Hope...the birthplace of Bill Clinton). Should be installed in a few months.

Moving back to Dallas in about a month...can't wait to be around friends and family (and shite-tons of disc golf courses) again!

Bad: While I have had enough $$ to get by, I haven't had enough to play an tourneys recently...and there are SO MANY good ones coming up in TX!!!

Unemployment is taking forever to kick in...

Ugly: ???

Good: Set a new personal best on my home course.

Bad: It was a +3 on Borderlands white to white.

Ugly: First shot of my second round I shanked my favorite driver into the woods and couldn't find it even after 15 minutes of searching.

Good: Decided to play a putter only round instead and set a new personal best for putter a putter only round.

Bad: I still suck. ;)

Ugly: Really miss that perfectly seasoned teebird I lost.

Good: Got two more coming in the mail today!

plastic_fondler said:
the good: I shot my personal best of 8 under on my home course yesterday
the bad: Stafford was setup all short
the ugly: I missed 4 birds on the only <250ft holes

the good: I shot my personal best of 10 under on my home course yesterday
the bad: Stafford was setup all short and it was the last day of this for the year
the ugly: I missed 2 20 foot putts for birds on holes 13/14 that would have given my the course record

Good: Weather today is supposed to be awesome. Sunny, 50 degrees, 5-10 mph wind. :D
Bad: Weather for Saturday is looking like showers, 40 degrees, 20-30 mph wind. :|
Ugly: Winter Storm Watch for Sunday. 30 degrees and windy with 6+ inches of snow including a band of 8-14 inches. :x

Good - I played really solid last night at our doubles league.

Bad - If I had any other partner I probably would have won. We only lost by 2 strokes, but we didn't use a single shot from my partner.

Ugly - My partner broke his throwing arm 3 weeks ago and was playing left handed. :(