• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Luke said:
dgdave said:
Luke said:
Other Ugly: Both tee birds are the exact same shade of red, with the exact same green stamp as my tee bird.
Why is that a bad thing?

I felt compelled to knock off one of the stamps and dye another, as they should have a little varience, so I can tell them apart more easily.

BTW: Strikers < Teebirds.

i'll trade you something for that striker if you don't like it.

The good : Played in my first league of the year Tuesday

The Bad : On the only 2 tunnel shots I hit the tree nearest the teebox. Usually driving is the best part of my game.

The ugly : Shot my worst round on the year on the course by 5 strokes.

Frank_Delicious said:
Luke said:
dgdave said:
Luke said:
Other Ugly: Both tee birds are the exact same shade of red, with the exact same green stamp as my tee bird.
Why is that a bad thing?

I felt compelled to knock off one of the stamps and dye another, as they should have a little varience, so I can tell them apart more easily.

BTW: Strikers < Teebirds.

i'll trade you something for that striker if you don't like it.

Night Shift Boss or Vibram Putters. Otherwise, I'll throw it in my no trade no throw stack. Which coincidentally has a Vision, a Striker, and a Riot, along with a couple of the first discs I bought. I like all the Lat 64 stuff I have, it all flies great, I just like Innova better in all the things I've put it up against, TB> Striker, Boss/Wraith>Riot, SW>Vision. However, the plastic is very nice.

The good: Shot my best score of the year at riverpark, 9 down.

The bad: Missed an easy bird on 18 to break my record on that course.

The good: Bought a car for $100 that needed $2 worth of vacuum lines.

The good: Work just won a bid that will keep me in a job for at least another 6 months.

Today's been an awesome day, I'm not even bummed about missing that putt.

The Ugly: Actually.. not really anything to speak of here!

The Bad: Cold and soggy both mornings of the tourney this weekend, lost a Z Flick...

The Good: Put together 4 solid rounds of golf to pull off 3rd place at the Glass Blown in Intermediate this weekend. Only lost 1 disc, not bad for Jones Park! Oh.. and my putting was freakin solid. Missed no more than 2 putts outside of 20 feet the whole weekend, and hit a clutch 35 foot putt on the last hole of the tournament to hold my 3rd place spot solo!

Good: Didn't happen while DGing.

Bad: Came closest to being blown up in my life leaving work yesterday. Was walking quickly toward a construction site that had a siren going warning of an impending detonation. Didn't have time to wait. Of course they had to fuck up and the protective rubber sheets flew up 7'.

Ugly: My lungs after having to breathe in the sand cloud after passing the site. Luckily the wind had dissipated the heaviest concentration of airborne particles before I got there. Still debating if I should contact the construction company to make sure they do something about job security and that of others. There were people in cars 15'away from the explosion. I'm sure they love to wash their cars and air filters after that fuck up. The construction workers just stood there also 15' downwind in the midst of the cloud. Seems likely that those guys aren't legal workers and used to being cannon fodder so it's likely they're from former Soviet bloc. Any responsible foreman would have checked everyone was ok and sent the explosives "expert" for re-evaluation and re-education. Didn't see anything pointing to that in the time I was within sight. Business as usual like nothing had happened. :shock: :(

The Bad: Played my worst disc golf since I started playing the game, this weekend at the Grateful Disc Festival.
The Bad: Lost my favorite MOLF.
The Ugly: The fog was so thick, I'd say 20-50ft visibility, both rounds. You could see the ice crystals forming on the chains, pine trees, and the teepads were natural pads, so they were muddy as all hell.
The Ugly: The weather was so bad, I felt like quitting.
The Good: If you can call it good, I didn't finish DFL.

sigh....I hate it when you are excited for a tournament and shit the bed. I have such a hard time playing in cold weather.

The Good: Played in my first pro tourney this past weekend.
The Good: Held my own with the exception of 4 holes.
The Good: Played right along side some 1000+ rated players.
The Bad: Had 4 putts hit dead center and spit out the back.
The Bad: Was sitting at +3, with two holes to go and finished +6.
The Bad/Good: Over threw the last hole and went OB causing me to miss cash by 1 stroke. The bright side was that the hole was a 500 ft. hole(flat)...sonic boom!!!
The Ugly: The weather...25-30 mph sustained winds with gusts up to 50 mph and driving rain off and on.

The good: I circle 3'd Badlands #11 in the long position.
The bad: I circle 3'd Badlands #11 in the long position.
The ugly: I circle 3'd Badlands #11 in the long position.

I got my driver back too!

Good - Hit a disgusting ace during warm ups for leagues tonight. Long tunnel hole (14 at o'hauser for those of you who have played there) with a glow teebird that skipped hit a tree and kicked in.

Good - Won my division for leagues after that shooting a PR of -3 with 4 missed putts that I should have made

Bad - I randomly starting feeling like shit after I got in the car to leave and should probably just go sleep.

the Good: im moving to IL where i can play West Park and Highland Park all the time.
The Bad: packing and finding a job once i get there.
The Ugly: i havnt gotten a chance to go discin in like 2 1/2 weeks cause its been like 25-30mph winds here in Corpus. and the days where the wind is fine I have to work all day :evil:

The Good. I rediscovered the Beast. This disc rocks

The Bad: Work kicked my ass yesterday and I am still tired

The Ugly: My wife is still in the hospital with a Stomach Ulcer.

good - played my first tournament in advanced today and shot two pretty good rounds and ended up in a tie for 4th place out of 26 people in advanced

ugly - my putting. missed 2 10 footers that would have put me in 2nd.

Good - took a day off of work and was able to play 3 rds at a course I've never played before (Mighty Gaw)

Bad - I took 8th out of 25 in AM1.

Ugly - My playing was ugly because of inconsistent playing. First 4 holes were Par 3,4,4,3. I took a 3,3,3,4. There was also 2 par 5s in a row later on in the round. I took a birdie 4 on the first one (only one of the card to do so), then I took an triple bogey 8 on the second par 5.

The Good: ok wind today and shot -1 under. first under round in like a month cause its been seriously windy (see dallas cowboys training building)

The Bad: Very Humid

The Ugly:Noobness at the course. (not that bad but im a lil tired at seeing 100 foot high 20 feet far hyzers)
it slows me down and they never offer to let me play through so i have to ask at it makes me feel like a jerk.

the good- My driving is improving
the bad- My putting is sucking
the ugly- i missed 5 or 6 from the 10-12 foot range in the trny sunday eekk

The Good: I'm on vacation this week

The Bad Just go called into work Thursday and Friday. Damn

The Ugly: My score yesterday at World's Biggest Disc Golf Weekend. Played a new course for the first time yesterday and it kicked my ass.

good: played well on Sunday to defend my bag tag. It was real windy and lately I have not been playing well in the wind. I added a gator and the VP to the bag and they were really solid in the wind.

bad and ugly: twisted my knee pretty badly moving a bush in my back yard. Icing it down a lot but it still hurts and I can't put much weight on it. Probably not going to be able to play for a week or two.

good and ugly: I got another one of those CE wizards and like it way more than my last one. Now I feel like a jackass for dumping on them in that other thread a few weeks ago. Sorry whoever was defending them, the first one I had flew like a brick, this one has good glide and holds a line very well.

Good: Shot -1 at my home course this morning. I now officially expect to play under no matter what the configuration of the course.

Bad: Missed 6 putts inside 20', and only made 2. I only get out and play one round a week, but I practice putting in my basement and I expect to hit half of my 20' putts. :(

Ugly: I only have one ace to my name, my home courses are long. Today I hit a 285' anny line with my Meteor dead center of the basket, about 2/3 up the chains, couldn't have been more perfect. The disc dropped straight down...right to the ground. It had blown through the most solid part of the chains and dropped a foot behind the basket. Oh well, my Meteor will still get to stay inside tonight. :cry:

Latest posts