• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stop asking if you are outside the circle!

Standstill is totally a skill. Throwing a standstill well still often involves following through past your lie since body rotation is important, especially for those of us with aged joints... There needs to be some provision in the rules to allow people from a certain distance to follow through. That distance can be adjusted and wouldn't bother me. Different by division would be ok too but would make ratings that much more of a headache... (I stand no benefit, I only step/jump in pretty specific situations and have no issue spin putting out to 70', even here at 5000' elevation. Sea level it feels like putts can just go forever...
Agree completely other than the part in red. That part would be a giant clusterf*ck.

I'm with Sheep on the C1 step/jump putts. Or AL LEAST in the pro divisions. Plenty of people will never be able to throw a 400' golf line (not internet distance), but *almost* everyone on the planet can putt 33' with a little instruction. Drive for show putt for dough is a saying for a reason.

I agree the aging/injured/etc. might need extra leverage but they're not who the rules should be written for. I used to referee (and play at a very high level) soccer and of course I would skip some whistles here and there for the 8-10 year olds. They WERE breaking the rules and WERE committing penalties but that was an exception because they're children and don't have control of their bodies and minds the way adults do. I'd much prefer "letting things slide" in MA3 vs it being the rule across the entire world for the sport.

If anyone here thinks lead card on a tour event needs to step or jump putt at 33' please do tell.

idk

Is someone actually advocating allowing step putting for some divisions, but not for others?
No way I can get behind different rules for different divisions.

Different layouts? Sure.

Different OB? If a TD wants to deal with the headache of making something OB for some divisions, but IB for others... like I said, that's their headache.

But what the actual rules are, and how they're enforced should be consistent across all divisions.

^I don't know I haven't been following this thread, or much of DGCR recently so I'm on a posting spree right now 🤷‍♂️

If I have to make a more bold statement then no, zero divions should be allowed to jump/step at C1. I would vote for those rules to be applied to C2 for everyone. Just trying to have a heart and acknowledge those who aren't 6 foot tall and in their 20s lol

I may have jumped to a conclusion (pun intended).

Re-reading TDK's post, it sounds like he's just calling for the distance at which jump putts would be allowed, to vary by division rather than it being legal for some, and illegal for others.

When the disc left the player's hand, was their foot still that on the ground, in that 20cm x 30cm box, immediately behind their lie?

Often, it's just tough to tell. That goes for jump/step putts, as well as follow-throughs on some fairway shots as well. Even harder to determine if the grass is thick or long.

It's not the "the benefit of the doubt" goes to the player. It's that in real time, it damned hard to really be sure of exactly what happened, and when it happened in the quarter of a second window or so just as disc is leaving the hand.

As for myself: I call it when I'm sure I know what I saw. I'm OK nut calling the split second violations. I don't think anyone getting a measurable competitive advantage releasing the disc 0.1 seconds after their supporting foot left the ground, vs 0.1 seconds before.

If I'm not sure, I won't call it... at least not then and there. But my indecision means it's something Ill be paying closer attention to the rest of the round.

...but I digress. ☺️

Last edited:
I think the solution is: we continue to ignore blatant cheater step putt c1 foot faults(obviously bullying them is still acceptable) so long as we aren't asked to do something terrible, like standstill throw 400 feet up a fairway.

useful function to stepping/jumping

Honestly. I see no "useful" function with the current iteration of how players step or jump putt. It's more of a gimmick that makes you feel good then you actually doing something useful.
Jumping in the air at the basket and winging the disc at it. can you get good at it? sure. But... You're sacrificing SO much control to do it the way they do it that you'd be better off just doing a regular putt, or learning a distance style putt with more control.

My true preference would be that some genius come up with some rules verbiage which can fully encompass the various permutations of "still" putting, step or jump putting and fairway shot. I myself have been unable to come up with anything.

I'm working on a video on it, It's gonna be one of the more silly rant ones, and they take a bit longer when you add stuff like that. The issue itself isnt' step or jump putting, its more of "how" its done, not that its actually being done. The inability of players to enforce the rules has somewhat made some rules not applicable, and thus over the years, other boundaries have been pushed to odd levels of practically cheating. which is where this has ended up.

If people were putting then stepping, or putting then jumping for their follow throughs, it would be a completely different conversation. But the issue people have is that you're doing the follow through to gain an advantage then tossing the disc.

Standstill is totally a skill. Throwing a standstill well still often involves following through past your lie since body rotation is important, especially for those of us with aged joints... There needs to be some provision in the rules to allow people from a certain distance to follow through. That distance can be adjusted and wouldn't bother me. Different by division would be ok too but would make ratings that much more of a headache... (I stand no benefit, I only step/jump in pretty specific situations and have no issue spin putting out to 70', even here at 5000' elevation. Sea level it feels like putts can just go forever...

Yeah, standstill is a big time skill. What is also a major skill and such a part of the swing and executing it properly is getting your foot behind the lye while you move into the shot. But.. ya know people like "oh it gives no advantage."
I Digress.

I've actually had this one as a defense of step/jump putting. I don't think you're making that leap here. Though sorta bringing it up. But the argument they tried to make was that when you throw regular throws you go passed your lie when you throw. Well, yeah. in the follow through.... The disc is in the air before you get passed your lie. With jump/step putting as its done now on tour by everyone, they are jumping/stepping beyond their lie to get some extra distance before popping the disc at the basket.

It's abuse of the contact behind the disc rule, and.. they are not in the wrong there, but no action of any sort should be allowed that is so ungovernable.
There we go.. What Bisco was asking, the wording thing.

The issue with the current form of step putting/jump putting isn't that its being done, its that the action as perform is ungovernable in its current rendition of people using it. You cannot easily tell if someone is off the ground 1 inch or 1 foot and foot faulting, or if that step putt front foot has touched the ground cause your trying to pop and touch.

I think peoples main complaint about them are not as ... aggressive as mine. It's more of the "This is an action that cannot easily be enforced for fairness" While.. I also am with "thats absolutely retarded why are you doing that its dumb and not beneficial to anything and borders on cheating"

Might as well, as I'm eyeballing the first 9.144 meters.

I dont' think he understands its 10 meters, not 10 yards. hahah
So that was a good joke.

I may have jumped to a conclusion (pun intended).

Re-reading TDK's post, it sounds like he's just calling for the distance at which jump putts would be allowed, to vary by division rather than it being legal for some, and illegal for others.

When the disc left the player's hand, was their foot still that on the ground, in that 20cm x 30cm box, immediately behind their lie?

Often, it's just tough to tell. That goes for jump/step putts, as well as follow-throughs on some fairway shots as well. Even harder to determine if the grass is thick or long.

It's not the "the benefit of the doubt" goes to the player. It's that in real time, it damned hard to really be sure of exactly what happened, and when it happened in the quarter of a second window or so just as disc is leaving the hand.

A lot of this is caused from people not enforcing foot fault rules. Which. is sad. but. Yeah, I think you re-iterated on it. It's an action that is to hard to really call because its to hard to see, and thats why people who are about rules and fairness dont like it.

The benefit of the doubt idea on some of this stuff is more in the game of people who actually enforce the rules of the game they are playing as the rules actually dictate you do.
You can theoretically stroke people for NOT calling errors in play. I asked the PDGA on this one, because I was curious. So in a nutshell as an official answer that you could basically call your mates for not calling you on a footfault. Because they were not paying attention. In a tournament scenereo, if you have a rules official along with the card, they can second your call at that point.

I think the solution is: we continue to ignore blatant cheater step putt c1 foot faults(obviously bullying them is still acceptable) so long as we aren't asked to do something terrible, like standstill throw 400 feet up a fairway.

I'm actually more of a "only runups off the tee" proponent.
I think we should be able to move around on the field though like we do. But the pro players seem incapable of getting their foot in the box when they throw, and even more incapable of calling their card mates on it.

----

I feel like I'm missing someone's quote on c1 to c2 rules stuff.

I feel like this is more of "apply to pro tour" thing.
My thoughts on it essentially are Apply rules that make people less likely to do said thing that is to hard to enforce, or ban the thing that is practically impossible to enforce.

If players have to follow c1 rules in c2 circle. It's not an issue of "am i out" anymore, cause its going to be marked on pro tour. But a vast majority of people don't jump putt from .. what we'll call Circle 3 for... ease of words.
Maybe some of the ladies do.

But I really look at it as a "you suck that bad you have to do that to get the disc that extra 2 or 3 feet?"

The whole people just wanting to be in c2 on tour so they can jump putt at 10.01 meters. Which.. theoretically they want to make their putt 9 meters, cause they jumped 1 meter passed their lie before they winged the disc at the target.

Yeah, sorry, most of my argument is "suck less, you're a pro player"
Especially being some wash up junk golfer, I have no problems getting a disc from 20 meters out to the basket without jumping around all nimbly bimbly like a cat.

MEOW

There's a couple situations where I do want to get all nimbly bimbly like a cat and that's long uphill turnover putts and the ultra rare slightly ever so slightly downhill low ceiling 100ish range where I want the disc to flop right next to the basket instead of sail right by it. I can standstill putt those but it's blurring into a little throw the lower the ceiling gets and more often than not if I miss I miss longer than I would doing the nimbly bimbly cat jump for some reason, probably less spin or something. I'm trying to remember the last time I actually jump putted though it's been a while.

I'm very anti standstill though. I can probably standstill just as well as the next shit tier ma1 guy but I grace the edges of shit tier mpo with a run up, much more accuracy to be found aiming with my momentum.

Though I usually just say, "yes" (thinking "I don't care"), 99% of the time, when folks ask "am I out?", my mind goes to "yes, it's your turn", then, "yes, we're all outdoors", then, what I really want to tell them is, "if you're asking if you can jump-putt, the answer is NO, you may not, but you MAY putt-jump (note THAT is the rule) if you think that's going to help you (I don't)".

>>Honestly. I see no "useful" function with the current iteration of how players step or jump putt. It's more of a gimmick that makes you feel good then you actually doing something useful.
Jumping in the air at the basket and winging the disc at it. can you get good at it? sure. But... You're sacrificing SO much control to do it the way they do it that you'd be better off just doing a regular putt, or learning a distance style putt with more control.<<

>> "thats absolutely retarded why are you doing that its dumb and not beneficial to anything and borders on cheating"<<

What are you trying to argue here, that it's not that effective? Then why care if it's only a gimmick and most people miss more?

>>I have no problems getting a disc from 20 meters out to the basket without jumping around all nimbly bimbly like a cat.<<

>>I really look at it as a "you suck that bad you have to do that to get the disc that extra 2 or 3 feet?"<<

I can't be the first here to explain that the goal of this skill is to take energy away from the upper body and delegate it to the lower body, which allows the upper body to focus more on precision from further distances. We're not arguing that we can't physically get the Disc 60 feet forward unless we use our jumping legs. What we're doing is using our athletic skill to improve the trajectory of the Holy Disc with greater attention to fingertip precision instead of just chucking it there high enough to go in.

It's only "nimbly bimbly" for those who don't know what they're doing, and again, who cares if somebody looks goofy while they throw a Frisbee? Why is the aesthetics of somebody's throw your problem?

I know. Some people ARE good at it and make more long putts this way, otherwise you wouldn't waste your time here bickering about it. I'm one of those who are good at this maneuver and it brings great joy to my life. Others around me seem to enjoy watching it. I made five 50-footers in a 36 hole B-tier three weeks ago. Maybe six of them, I lost count. Made two shorter ones from like 35 and 40 as well. One was from a knee under a thick bush and my throwing hand followed through to the ground in front of my lie, okay by the rules outside of C1. Why does this bother you? Because it seems like cheating? Well, it isn't. Either it successfully satisfies the requirements of the rules or it doesn't and gets called and seconded. Too close to tell? Then it's good enough and you can relax about it. Maybe you should try getting good at it. I guarantee if you do you'll love it.

Keep Disc Golf fun! Say no to small baskets and forced standstills outside of 33'!

>>Honestly. I see no "useful" function with the current iteration of how players step or jump putt. It's more of a gimmick that makes you feel good then you actually doing something useful.
Jumping in the air at the basket and winging the disc at it. can you get good at it? sure. But... You're sacrificing SO much control to do it the way they do it that you'd be better off just doing a regular putt, or learning a distance style putt with more control.<<

>> "thats absolutely retarded why are you doing that its dumb and not beneficial to anything and borders on cheating"<<

What are you trying to argue here, that it's not that effective? Then why care if it's only a gimmick and most people miss more?

>>I have no problems getting a disc from 20 meters out to the basket without jumping around all nimbly bimbly like a cat.<<

>>I really look at it as a "you suck that bad you have to do that to get the disc that extra 2 or 3 feet?"<<

I can't be the first here to explain that the goal of this skill is to take energy away from the upper body and delegate it to the lower body, which allows the upper body to focus more on precision from further distances. We're not arguing that we can't physically get the Disc 60 feet forward unless we use our jumping legs. What we're doing is using our athletic skill to improve the trajectory of the Holy Disc with greater attention to fingertip precision instead of just chucking it there high enough to go in.

It's only "nimbly bimbly" for those who don't know what they're doing, and again, who cares if somebody looks goofy while they throw a Frisbee? Why is the aesthetics of somebody's throw your problem?

I know. Some people ARE good at it and make more long putts this way, otherwise you wouldn't waste your time here bickering about it. I'm one of those who are good at this maneuver and it brings great joy to my life. Others around me seem to enjoy watching it. I made five 50-footers in a 36 hole B-tier three weeks ago. Maybe six of them, I lost count. Made two shorter ones from like 35 and 40 as well. One was from a knee under a thick bush and my throwing hand followed through to the ground in front of my lie, okay by the rules outside of C1. Why does this bother you? Because it seems like cheating? Well, it isn't. Either it successfully satisfies the requirements of the rules or it doesn't and gets called and seconded. Too close to tell? Then it's good enough and you can relax about it. Maybe you should try getting good at it. I guarantee if you do you'll love it.

Keep Disc Golf fun! Say no to small baskets and forced standstills outside of 33'!

Really hard to understand much of what you were saying or replying to with how you did that...., but you were essentially using the same argument most people do. "well if it isn't as good, then who cares."

Generally the weird defense of jump/step putting comes from people who do it a lot.
And the fight back about it is generally over emotional responses, which i can see quite clearly from yours here.

There are tons of people out there who jump putt properly. Where you're sinking down and putting really hard with the legs and the disc goes then you jump.
Nobody is going to argue that's bad.

Its the same with step putting, where you put the disc but you used your legs so hard that you end up stepping through after the putt. This is both proper step and jump putting.

What you're arguging i dont know, because if you're jumping AT the target and fully extending and flinging the disc while youre in the air 5 feet closer to the basket, you've not "isolated" anything to make it easier. You're jumping at the target in the air with plans to release the disc.

There are so much better ways to do it.
If the argument is "but people are good at it." Yeah. People are good at a lot of really stupid things, that doesn't justify how badly it breaks the rules. Or how un-enforceable the issue is.

It's the same with step putting, where your bascially walking passed your disc and nobody really knows if that disc left your had before your foot touched 5 feet passed your disc.

I have no issues with people going passed their lie on follow throughts, thats ... totally legit.
But when you're basically doing the follow through then the actual throwing/putting of the disc, were in bad territory here.

It's a silly subject that will enver be solved where nobody will ever be happy. Because the people who defend it are so emotionally attached to it that the scream they make when they hear anyone talk about the issues with it is worse than the sounds a lot of farm animals make. The responses are rarely rational, they rarely have any value to actually defend step or jump putting other than borderline "if its not hurting anyone, why should you care" level arguments.
Which.. is pretty much the argument you just made.

It's about even playing field and making rules that are enforceable all around for all disc golfers of any skill levels.
if actions are not enforceable because you can't tell, then they most likely are breaking the rules.

I mean, this is why we have 100's of photo's and complaints at this point about all the pro players being 1 or 2 feet off the ground with the disc in their hand.
Thats.. I mean.
The arguments for jump putting when this continually happens over and over again are getting really stale.

>>the fight back about it is generally over emotional responses, which i can see quite clearly from yours here.<<

Classic projection. I sure wasn't the one using the "r" word up there somewhere.

>>What you're arguging i dont know, because if you're jumping AT the target and fully extending and flinging the disc while youre in the air 5 feet closer to the basket...<<

What? When did I ever say something like this? I never advocate for breaking the rules by the plant foot being off the ground or the front foot being on the ground while the Disc is still in hand, nor did I say this anywhere.

>>...you've not "isolated" anything to make it easier.<<

I'm not the only one who has explained to you how delegating energy to the lower body...

Never mind. I'll show myself out of this troll thread. It's all yours, big guy.

Last edited:
[edit]

[edit]
To your point here, and this isn't my line, but if I was trying to look cool I wouldn't be playing disc golf.

Really hard to understand much of what you were saying or replying to with how you did that...., but you were essentially using the same argument most people do. "well if it isn't as good, then who cares."

Generally the weird defense of jump/step putting comes from people who do it a lot.
And the fight back about it is generally over emotional responses, which i can see quite clearly from yours here.

There are tons of people out there who jump putt properly. Where you're sinking down and putting really hard with the legs and the disc goes then you jump.
Nobody is going to argue that's bad.

Its the same with step putting, where you put the disc but you used your legs so hard that you end up stepping through after the putt. This is both proper step and jump putting.

What you're arguging i dont know, because if you're jumping AT the target and fully extending and flinging the disc while youre in the air 5 feet closer to the basket, you've not "isolated" anything to make it easier. You're jumping at the target in the air with plans to release the disc.

There are so much better ways to do it.
If the argument is "but people are good at it." Yeah. People are good at a lot of really stupid things, that doesn't justify how badly it breaks the rules. Or how un-enforceable the issue is.

It's the same with step putting, where your bascially walking passed your disc and nobody really knows if that disc left your had before your foot touched 5 feet passed your disc.

I have no issues with people going passed their lie on follow throughts, thats ... totally legit.
But when you're basically doing the follow through then the actual throwing/putting of the disc, were in bad territory here.

It's a silly subject that will enver be solved where nobody will ever be happy. Because the people who defend it are so emotionally attached to it that the scream they make when they hear anyone talk about the issues with it is worse than the sounds a lot of farm animals make. The responses are rarely rational, they rarely have any value to actually defend step or jump putting other than borderline "if its not hurting anyone, why should you care" level arguments.
Which.. is pretty much the argument you just made.

It's about even playing field and making rules that are enforceable all around for all disc golfers of any skill levels.
if actions are not enforceable because you can't tell, then they most likely are breaking the rules.

I mean, this is why we have 100's of photo's and complaints at this point about all the pro players being 1 or 2 feet off the ground with the disc in their hand.
Thats.. I mean.
The arguments for jump putting when this continually happens over and over again are getting really stale.
I like where you're going here. Jump putts never really made sense to me unless you threw after you left the ground. I do steppers from time to time to get a little extra oomph on long putts and approaches.

However, I wonder if enforcing standstill putts then opens up a bunch of nonsense around "what is a putt?" I'm sure there will be people "throwing in" from just outside circle. The NFL's reception rules are an f'ing mess, for example.

I like where you're going here. Jump putts never really made sense to me unless you threw after you left the ground. I do steppers from time to time to get a little extra oomph on long putts and approaches.

However, I wonder if enforcing standstill putts then opens up a bunch of nonsense around "what is a putt?" I'm sure there will be people "throwing in" from just outside circle. The NFL's reception rules are an f'ing mess, for example.
I don't think necessarily need to be "stand stills" but you should be throwing from behind your lie. Jumping or stepping passed it is a clear sign you're trying to skate the rules if you ask me.

As stated, it should be you using enough force that when you putt and the disc leaves your hands, you end up stepping through the lie after the putt or jumping through after the putt.

I'm going to make a video on it, cause the topic is hilarious to me overall.

I had a guy tell me one time during a round cause his buddy had a really bad jump putt foot fault, and i was like "just be careful in a tournament round, you were off the ground when that left your hand"
We were playing for fun so who cares right? Just casual crap.
HIs friend says to me "you litterally cannot putt when youre in the air its impossible."

I parked the next hole, jumped as high as I could straight up and drained it. Maybe 10/15 footer something like that. Just grabbed my disc and went and played solo. I have no idea who they were, I asked if they wanted to join in with me. But that was hilarious excuse.

^I don't know I haven't been following this thread, or much of DGCR recently so I'm on a posting spree right now 🤷‍♂️

If I have to make a more bold statement then no, zero divions should be allowed to jump/step at C1. I would vote for those rules to be applied to C2 for everyone. Just trying to have a heart and acknowledge those who aren't 6 foot tall and in their 20s lol
I'm in agreement there and I'm 6'2 and 25...but can also hit putts from my normal putting stance from well beyond C2.
My advocate would be C2 for all divisions except for Tour MPO tournaments where it becomes "C3" at 30 meters.
Ideally I'd like stand and deliver on all shots (but allowing for a follow through or something to that extent) as it would probably make me the best player in my area (right now I'm top 10 arguably top 5 when college is in session, and with my putting getting more consistent arguably top 5 all year round). I understand that that's not realistic due to injury/age/disability/etc., but I'd definitely be an MA1 player for sure in that scenario since my run-up really doesn't add much more than 25-35' and I've thrown 375' standstill backhand and forehand before.

I'm in agreement there and I'm 6'2 and 25...but can also hit putts from my normal putting stance from well beyond C2.
My advocate would be C2 for all divisions except for Tour MPO tournaments where it becomes "C3" at 30 meters.
Ideally I'd like stand and deliver on all shots (but allowing for a follow through or something to that extent) as it would probably make me the best player in my area (right now I'm top 10 arguably top 5 when college is in session, and with my putting getting more consistent arguably top 5 all year round). I understand that that's not realistic due to injury/age/disability/etc., but I'd definitely be an MA1 player for sure in that scenario since my run-up really doesn't add much more than 25-35' and I've thrown 375' standstill backhand and forehand before.

This is a little link here from IG where they are showing how fast Pro Ball greens are. And... I've played on these greens. And......

There is some interesting correlations we can make here with ball golf to disc golf.

When it comes to pro golfers putting, the greens are 100 times harder than what anyone else sees. Even the Pro-am guys I don't think get this level of cut on a green. The ladies get shafted, thats... a completely different rant, we'll ignore that.

The top pro's putting is really good. But it honestly doesn't take a ton of work for any of us to get close to tour level putting. Practice of course.
The.. feeling I get from people when this subject is broached is that putting is already to hard in disc golf.
No. Putting is god awful easy. Putting is so easy that making putts is beyond expectations, vs watching someone putt in ball golf where its a huge challenge to read the green. Our green? 10 meters. Easy simple, no reads, no nothing.
Lets correlate this to ball golf a bit. When you get outside of 10 meters, thats when you gotta really start reading wind more, you gotta shape the putt, you gotta really work to make it happen. So if we look at moving the actual "green" which is currently circle 1 all the way out to circle 2. We made the green larger and more challenging. We have to watch players who hit the green actually have to try and get the disc in the basket.. whateve.r i'm typing to much.

All I ever hear all the time is how hard putting, or its unfair if we take away jump putting, i can't get it to the basket.
Sure you can.

The reason you're jump putting is you saw pro's doing it, so thats why YOU do it. Because you never practiced and tried to do it otherwise. Thats why most people do anything, emulation. They saw someone of higher stature do it, so they thought it was the right idea.

It's really not very difficult to putt from 60 feet or even 80 feet without doing crazy weird things. I just switch to a really flippy putter and use my normal putting stance. Granted, I end up stepping through after my putt a lot of times, but i've pushed into the putt so hard I have to.

The other argument with standstills always cracks me up, cause somehow the argument comes into needing to follow through. Like. duh, But when you throw a disc, you're behind your disc while throwing, then long after it leaves your hand you follow through passed the lie. I don't undrestand what the ... brain anurism is that people get with this silly argument. but.. whatever.
And the whole "i can't throw far stand stills."

We actually did this one night at my league. We all threw standstills off the tee.
Know what we found out? People with terrible form, obviously, didn't throw very far. But everyone else. Threw just as far standing still as they were throwing with a runup.

The whole argument of not throwing as far or whatever. I mean. I get it. Those top distance guys do get more distance being able to drive into the brace harder. But, it would even the playing field a lot if you had to stand and deliver after the tee box. And it would outright eliminate any foot fault calls ever again.
Because we already know they are incapable of hitting their lie let alone calling it.

Can't agree to "no run ups" especially with an arbitrary "tee box" exception.

If we're messing with rules, dump the arbitrary 10m putting green and make it "After having released a throw, the player must demonstrate full control of balance behind the marker disc or tee line before advancing toward the target. " Kind of like other sports like bowling & track & field throws where you get a runup but if you touch past the line it's a foul.

Can't agree to "no run ups" especially with an arbitrary "tee box" exception.

If we're messing with rules, dump the arbitrary 10m putting green and make it "After having released a throw, the player must demonstrate full control of balance behind the marker disc or tee line before advancing toward the target. " Kind of like other sports like bowling & track & field throws where you get a runup but if you touch past the line it's a foul.

Uhh, isn't that already the rules? Or are you trying to say everyone would be required to throw from anywhere behind their disc, but cant advanced passed?
Can't say I agree with that one. I could abuse that rule to my advantage really really easily.

As for the no run ups thing.
I get most people wont agree to that.
I dont mind either way. But its a case of "if you dont want stand stills, start calling fouls, or do better yourself" As you watch pro golfers miss their lie by 3 feet.
"Oh it gives them no advantage." Uhhh. the fuck are you smoking? Part of executing the shot is hitting your lie. You're removing one whole part of the swing, that literally gives them an advantage not having to do good footwork to hit their lie.

Latest posts