• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Strange, Funny, or Odd Course Names

Tuckahoe State Park
Queen Anne, MD 21660

While not funny taken individually, here in DFW we have a few with similar names.

Lewisville Lake Park, referred to as The Lake or Lake Park
Towne Lake
Bethany Lakes
North Lakes, in Denton
North Park, referred to as Haltom City

The joke to me about all the "lake" courses is Texas has 1 natural lake. Of the listed courses only Lake Lewisville is a large enough body of water to really be called a lake.

Sugarbottom disc golf course, in North Liberty, Iowa. My all time favorite course.

aww you beat me to it. I've never played it but heard many many good things about it. Going to hit it up when it gets warmer.

Three from the great Northwest:

Lucky Mud DGC in Skamokowa, WA

Portland Lunchtime DGC in Portland, OR

Because you can play a quick game during your lunchtime.

And my favorite:

Dalaiwood in Olalla, WA

Named after the resident pet llama named Dalai whom you occasionally have to throw over and around. Hitting Dalai the llama will result in a one stroke penalty.

Private courses always have the best, and most creative, names. The best I've seen is Cranberry Disco in the Winston-Salem, NC area. Because it's a private course, it's not listed on here or the PDGA site.

Last edited:
During my course exploring last summer I stumbled on a evening league event a few minutes late. The few 3-somes were still sitting around in the shelter. I said hi and everyone just kind of grunted. I asked where I could sign up since it would be fun as an out of towner and everyone told me I was late but told me to ask that guy....a guy who was loading things in his car. I told him I was late, was from out of town, but would love to join in. I know it is a hassle to accommodate latecomers since have run probably 150 of these sort of events (and I would have sent home any chronic stragglers.....but an out of towner????), but he told me "no - you're late come back next week." I told him I was from out of town and would not be back next week. He just turned his back and walked away.

Appropriately, the park we were at is called Tendick.

No wonder Dave gave Tendick a 1 and 1/2 disc rating!! This is a funny post though....and for the record, I personally find the Tendick locals to be very nice guys. This was just your average, friendly, Wisconsin introduction to a FIB (F***in Illinois Bast**d). lol

I would have given Tendick a lower rating if part of my rating scale was based on "friendly locals" like some people do. :D I always thought that practice for reviewing rating is strange as there all sorts of people out on the course and it is just luck of the draw who you happen to meet.

Glad you caught the humor as John the rock Rock obviously didn't with his chastisement! (BTW John, I have no problem at all with organizers being hard line about closing their registrations on time, believe you me......but he and his 9 friends didn't need to act like a Tendick about it.....or would that be a WAH!)

I don't see what the problem was if it was a couple guys playing a singles event.

I understand how it can cause a lot of trouble if it was a doubles tourney, but clubs should also promote growth within the sport, as well as make the local course/club look good

I would have given Tendick a lower rating if part of my rating scale was based on "friendly locals" like some people do. I always thought that practice for reviewing rating is strange as there all sorts of people out on the course and it is just luck of the draw who you happen to meet.

I agree 100% with the "luck of the draw" on who you happen to meet. Reason I tend to include it in my reviews when applicable; is A) to encourage everyone to be a helpful local and not behave the way Tendick guys did towards you...in other words, go out of your way to be kind to those visiting.
And, B) because for years, I've tried to hook up with course designers/league runners; in an effort to get to know the back drop behind the course. (This relates to another post I made today, regarding getting to know issues of a course before giving the course all kinds of bad comments. There is almost always tons of work behind courses we get to play; regardless of the final result.)
In other words, I've been playing/acting as if this site were up for many years. I have been a one man DGCR!!! lol I've considered it a responsibility since almost day one; to continue what I found to be the "spirit of this sport." I have been so impressed that this has basically remained true from then until now. This site, and those who support it, keep throwing out the good ideas....i.e. return discs with other peoples names and info on em. Don't vandalize courses. Give to those in need; even if it may backfire on ya...i.e. War Eagle. In other words; be an ambassador to the sport. My interest in disc has been as involved with the attitude of the sport as much as the actual playing of said sport. Therefore, I've tried to encourage this as much as possible.

Thread jack over; let's get back to some funny disc course names! How about Snow Farm? A nice private, course in Texas. However.....I REALLY DOUBT IF THEY GET MUCH SNOW THERE!!!! (I am aware that it is carried over from a family name...but, still pretty tongue in cheek in Texas).

Thread jack over; let's get back to some funny disc course names! How about Snow Farm? A nice private, course in Texas. However.....I REALLY DOUBT IF THEY GET MUCH SNOW THERE!!!! (I am aware that it is carried over from a family name...but, still pretty tongue in cheek in Texas).

forcast for possible snow this thursday in Dallas TX

(it was close to 70 out a week ago)

ok I double checked,,, no snow, yesterday we had a possibility of snow this week.

Last edited:
forcast for possible snow this thursday in Dallas TX

(it was close to 70 out a week ago)

ok I double checked,,, no snow, yesterday we had a possibility of snow this week.

I hope you're not superstitious, because your post count has hit a very "unlucky" number.

Terminal Moraine DGC @ Cape Cod Community College, West Barnstable, MA
The course is now extinct, but I always thought that was a funny name. It has something to do with the large boulders throughout the fairways (glacial moraine) which is a rare feature for the area. I guess the moraine is terminal because it is no longer on the move. What a great 9 hole course this was. Short, but with lots of trees and elevation. It was closed and the baskets were pulled in 2008 due to vandalism by non golfers. What a shame.

Standing Rocks

I've played this course over 20 times, and have never seen even a single rock standing. This course should clearly be renamed Laying Down Rocks DGC :D

Terminal Moraine DGC @ Cape Cod Community College, West Barnstable, MA
The course is now extinct, but I always thought that was a funny name. It has something to do with the large boulders throughout the fairways (glacial moraine) which is a rare feature for the area. I guess the moraine is terminal because it is no longer on the move. What a great 9 hole course this was. Short, but with lots of trees and elevation. It was closed and the baskets were pulled in 2008 due to vandalism by non golfers. What a shame.

That course was doomed to be extinct from the get go calling it Terminal.