• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

Pilot was looking similar to the Proxy based on Nathan's video. Seemed very neutral but not flippy.

On reddit I asked if it was closer to an envy than an atom and he said yes.

To me it looks like it's faster than the numbers suggested. Like an Envy L.

Yo, Halcon or any other tester, I am curious to see how durable they are. In the first vid he bent that soft pretty hard and it looked like it popped right back into shape. As opposed to the soft atom I just taco'd bending half as much. Any chance one of you could do a MikeC style wall test on one of these?...

If I only get one, I can't promise I'll want to destroy it. But we'll see. :)

Those softs look really pliable. And I guarantee it's not 80º for them like it is here for me. I wonder how they will feel when it's over 100º. :D

I'm guessing he filmed that on sunday. It was mid to hi 40s. Though it could have been yesterday which was mid 50s.

IMG_52321_zpsjlpgfop8.jpg

So this happened earlier. I haven't had a chance to throw it yet, but the disc gets points for appearance (other than the dropout in the Streamline stamp) and feel. There is only one tiny rough area on the rim, otherwise it's butter smooth. The 3 color stamp looks great, and I can't wait for the 20 mph winds we've got going on at the moment to die down so I can get a bead on how the disc flies.

Last edited:
Where is the flashing on these? On the bottom like most other companies or on the rim like MVP's discs?

Where is the flashing on these? On the bottom like most other companies or on the rim like MVP's discs?

I hesitate to call what I found flashing, because it's not nearly as bad as what you'd find on any other disc. There is a 2-3" long spot on the wing that feels slightly sharper than the plastic around it. I have no intention of sanding it or taking an X-acto knife to it, because it's just not that bad and I can throw from any other point on the disc. Other than that the disc is butter smooth and feels great.

I think what mike is getting at Puck, is are the two injection marks on the edge?

Last edited:
I think what mike is getting at Puck, is are the two injection marks on the edge?

There are 2 injection marks on the wing, 180 degrees from each other. The first is located directly above the T in Trace, and the other is at the bottom of the triangle logo.

The "flashing" is on the wing, at the bottom of the parting line. If the bottom of the triangle logo is 6 o'clock, the sharp/rough area is roughly between 4 and 5 o'clock.

The wind had died a little bit, so I stopped for about 10 throws on my way home. I'd guess I'm sitting between 325-350' of power after a winter layoff (at least I didn't feel like I was fully in sync today...) so between not being at my best and the wind I'm not ready to draw any firm conclusions about the Trace.

First impressions: Slightly more OS than I expected, but not unmanageable. It was OK both backhand and forehand, but where it really shined for me was the one thumber flip I threw while walking back to my car. The Trace followed exactly the line I wanted, and landed roughly 30' past the point the Champ Teebird I use for precision thumbers would have landed with the same amount of power. I don't expect that to scale up as I add power, but if I could maintain accurate lines and add some extra range to my ability to throw thumber approaches I'd be ecstatic. It'll be interesting to see if the Trace maintains it's durability without the overmold, or if it beats into more of a straight flyer quicker than other MVP/Axiom discs.

It didn't have the "Instant love" factor that the Tern, DDx, Eagle, Volt, Wave, or Inertia had for me in my first few throws with them, but it wasn't a mold I hated right out of the gate like the Katana, Fuse, or Boss either. It'll probably alternate rounds with a Champ Thunderbird in the "experimental" slot in my bag until I make up my mind.

Trace v Wave

Trace v Photon

Proxy v Pilot

Here are a couple of profile pics of Streamline's new releases. The Trace is obviously the yellow disc and the Pilot is the blue one. Both are near max weight.

The Trace is a unique disc for MVP. The first thing you notice is the lack of a telltale overmold. The bottom of the disc no longer says "Patent Pending" and "GYRO" doesn't need to be tooled into the rim. In fact, if it didn't say "Neutron" on the stamp, you would never know MVP made this disc. And like Puckstopper said, this disc is smooth and almost seamless. There's just that tiny sliver of flashing on the bottom tip of the wing. And it's not even flashing, just a slightly raised line. I love the bright chartreuse Neutron as well. There's some excellent molding going on there at the factory.

I tested it against a Defy, just to have something to compare it to and it was just as stable, for my arm. I took more pics of the profile (but they wouldn't load) and it doesn't look like any Its wing doesn't seem like it would have that much stability, but I couldn't get it to turn over much at all, even on harder anny shots. It feels fuller in the hand, has a decent dome, and great glide. As far as the lack of GYRO, it was evident in the flight, but I'll be honest and say I can't quite describe how. It seemed like it took more effort to throw, like it had more of a floaty glide, but it didn't quite have zoom. I need more time with it to break it down more to understand the difference. The Trace is a solid intro for Streamline, but it's probably not well suited for beginners.

The Pilot, in wonderful regular Electron, feels great in the hand. The tiny bead and lower profile make for a clean release for drives and putts. I tested it against the Plasma Proxy in the pic, and, well, look at the profiles. They fly very similarly, even moreso, I'd say, than the Atom and Proxy. The Pilot does straight, hyzer, and anny equally well. It has great glide and range, really everything you'd want in the first putter for Streamline.

Sorry Brutus, but I didn't destroy the Pilot. I want to get a few more throws with it yet before I smash it against concrete.

I can't wait to see what's next for Streamline. Since they went with the big boy driver for their first, I'm hoping they go with something more understable for the second offering.

(Sorry for the poor pics. I need to get a mini HDMI cable for my camera so I can upload and stop using my cell phone)

It seemed like it took more effort to throw, like it had more of a floaty glide, but it didn't quite have zoom.

Sounds like new disc smell, maybe? Give it some light scuffing on a teepad...

Sounds like new disc smell, maybe? Give it some light scuffing on a teepad...

No, I'm pretty certain it's the lack of GYRO. I didn't notice it on the Pilot though, probably because I wasn't throwing it far enough. Next time I go out, I'll try and concentrate on getting good spin on the discs to compare.

I've seen some players say that they don't like how the overmold feels on MVP discs. It's been many months since I've thrown a non-GYRO disc for more than one or two tosses. Obviously I have no issues with the OM. But throwing the Trace made me aware that the OM seam is somewhat noticeable. Streamline can be those players' answer to have a "normal" disc.

^ They highlight the stability of the Trace well. They have big arms and it's still straight to fade on flat throws. In fact based on those throws I wonder about the flight rating of a -1 turn. I'd say it's a 0 turn, and especially so for average arms. That's why flight numbers are so subjective.

^ They highlight the stability of the Trace well. They have big arms and it's still straight to fade on flat throws. In fact based on those throws I wonder about the flight rating of a -1 turn. I'd say it's a 0 turn, and especially so for average arms. That's why flight numbers are so subjective.

Yeah, I was hoping for a wraith in mvp plastic. It is starting to look like a DD the more I see. I guess I'll see for myself next week.

I assume they'll put the Pilot out in premium plastic eventually, yeah?
Love that stamp, but can't do electron.

I suppose they might release it in premium. The Electron really does feel nice though.