• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

I'd like a Pilot, and maybe a Tace too... unfortunately some things have come up in life that leave me with no spare cash.

You guys will just have to let me know how they do.

Has there been any indication of release speed or timing for other discs?

Really interested in fairway drivers.....

The Trace has a dome, like the Octane and Catalyst. Not super somey like Toro's Plasma Octane though.

MVP drivers are all pretty much flat, so a normal dome tends to stand out.

I did, but aim seemed fairly convinced I was off base. I allowed myself to get my hopes up that the prices would be closer to MVP's suggested prices.

I did, but aim seemed fairly convinced I was off base. I allowed myself to get my hopes up that the prices would be closer to MVP's suggested prices.

I know you're talking about brick and mortar, but Marshall Street has these now for $11.99 Proton and $12.99 Neutron. Awesome prices for premium plastic. And MST is saying that the Proton feels better than MVP's version, which doesn't really make sense, but maybe they tweaked it a bit for Streamline. I haven't had a chance to feel the Proton yet, but the Neutron is very nice and grippy.

Well, what feels 'better' is of course entirely subjective. MST's statement is a non-statement really. Its just marketing hogwash

Well, what feels 'better' is of course entirely subjective. MST's statement is a non-statement really. Its just marketing hogwash

Could be. I guess we'll see once peeps start getting theirs to compare.

I know you're talking about brick and mortar, but Marshall Street has these now for $11.99 Proton and $12.99 Neutron.

Nothing stopping a shop from charging a higher margin on Streamline as Puckstopper witnessed (buyers are used to paying that price for that grade of plastic), but the wholesale prices are indeed low enough for dealers to charge MSRP or even the minimum. I've only seen wholesale prices like Streamline on off-sheet or grandfathered prices for other makers, it's a lower entry price than anything at that grade. Doesn't necessarily mean I'll sell tourney stamp Streamlines any cheaper though.

I grabbed a couple Pilots from GGGT this morning.
This electron feels way different to me than overmold electron. Overmold is chalkier and a little slicker to me, whereas the streamline version is less chalky and tackier...like if you blended dx and XT together.

Really, really like it.

Went to one of my local shops to buy some Aviar3s. The shop owner gave me an electron soft Pilot to try out and compare/contrast. Low profile, didn't even notice the micro bead until I looked closer. Feels great in the hand, really good tacky grippy feel.

Shot some video of me comparing the neutron and proton trace to a slightly beat star wraith. I don't have time to edit said video right now, but a quick rundown. Neutron flies a little more HSS than the numbers and finishes strong, not falling off at the end of its flight like a beat star wraith will. Proton however. Oh boy. I came into this expecting proton to be more OS. Proton is flippy. It's closer to a mamba than a wraith. I can roll it and I'm garbage at rollers. Still goes far, but it's finishing right every time.

Shot some video of me comparing the neutron and proton trace to a slightly beat star wraith. I don't have time to edit said video right now, but a quick rundown. Neutron flies a little more HSS than the numbers and finishes strong, not falling off at the end of its flight like a beat star wraith will. Proton however. Oh boy. I came into this expecting proton to be more OS. Proton is flippy. It's closer to a mamba than a wraith. I can roll it and I'm garbage at rollers. Still goes far, but it's finishing right every time.

How do the wings, PLH, dome compare?

Nothing stopping a shop from charging a higher margin on Streamline as Puckstopper witnessed (buyers are used to paying that price for that grade of plastic), but the wholesale prices are indeed low enough for dealers to charge MSRP or even the minimum. I've only seen wholesale prices like Streamline on off-sheet or grandfathered prices for other makers, it's a lower entry price than anything at that grade. Doesn't necessarily mean I'll sell tourney stamp Streamlines any cheaper though.
The store owner I talked to said that MVP is a low-volume seller for him and the price he was getting quoted for Streamline was going to cause him to make $2-$3 less per sale if he sold it at the MSRP. He did say that golf discs were like anything else-if you order more you get them at a lower price/piece. So he was guessing that all the DN/GGGT/DGC/MS big online sellers would get them at a price where they could hit the MSRP, but for his little shop he would have to take a bath to hit MSRP. He said he was just not going to bother carrying it.

KW'sDiscgolf, who just sold out of all Streamline by the way, was offering them at $1.00 less than the overmold counterparts. I expect DGC and MST to do the same when they release their stock.

Not sure if he had just taken them offline for a bit, but all the Streamlines are available, with a little pricr changr on the FR Traces at $17.99.

I'd like to hear more about the Proton Trace though. If they're all flippy I may have to pick one up.

The store owner I talked to said that MVP is a low-volume seller for him and the price he was getting quoted for Streamline was going to cause him to make $2-$3 less per sale if he sold it at the MSRP. He did say that golf discs were like anything else-if you order more you get them at a lower price/piece. So he was guessing that all the DN/GGGT/DGC/MS big online sellers would get them at a price where they could hit the MSRP, but for his little shop he would have to take a bath to hit MSRP. He said he was just not going to bother carrying it.

I can order streamline and sell for min prices no problem and im one of their lowest volume customers im sure lol.

No way he takes a bath even selling at required minimum let alone actual retail. Ive seen shops that charge $19.99 for any MVP disc which is laughable as well but someone buys them...

Not to mention selling on ebay etc which is so easy and MVPs always move.

I grabbed a couple Pilots from GGGT this morning.
This electron feels way different to me than overmold electron. Overmold is chalkier and a little slicker to me, whereas the streamline version is less chalky and tackier...like if you blended dx and XT together.

Really, really like it.

Fwiw early electron seemed more chalky pencil eraser-ish IMO vs current MVP stuff so makes sense.

Latest posts