• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

I think the attraction to MVP is the overmold. Really that is what differentiates them from the masses.

So, I'm not too excited as this wheel as already been invented. They should continue to pave the way with overmold technology. Leave this game for the others.

You could (and maybe should) think of this as a new company. And no doubt the brothers have some sort of new innovation on the drawing boards. Plus they still need to flesh out the current lineups with more molds and plastic options. I feel like I typed this same thing a year ago, and two years ago. And look what they've done. No shortage of surprises.

I think the attraction to MVP is the overmold. Really that is what differentiates them from the masses.

I can't agree with that. The biggest attration of mvp is consistancy. I have a stack of vectors in various wear and plastic and they all fly nearly the same after getting used. Brand new they all flew exactly the same.

After that I think the plastic itself is more appealing than the overmold.

Now, who knows if they will all be so consistent without the overmold, but what will set streamline apart is going to be cool stamps and pricepoint.

The first couple of discs they put out don't have me jumping up and down, but that is fine.

The fact that they have made a cheaper process and disc, should allow them to make more good molds and keep pumping out Atoms for me to bag.

I do like the consistency of overmolds, both in flight and feel. I love the shared core between my discs that make my grip feel consistent with every shot. When Streamline was first announced I was mostly disappointed, thinking this is going to leech even more time and creativity away from Axiom releases, which are already on the short end.

But I do think a single shot mold will give them more options with the wing design than the overmold allows, which I'm all for. So, this initial release doesn't excite me, I'll be patient and see if they get creative with future releases.

I do like the consistency of overmolds

I think, for me, it is the consistency from the manufacturer (MVP) that has been the biggest draw, so I look forward to seeing what they can do in a single mold.

Now, who knows if they will all be so consistent without the overmold, but what will set streamline apart is going to be cool stamps and pricepoint.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that pricepoint be less of a differentiator than you think. I'm hearing that the wholesale price on Streamline is such that we won't see the prices Streamline mentioned in their video if retailers want to maintain their traditional profit margins. It sounds like Streamline advertised retail prices, but didn't lower the wholesale prices enough to make them feasible for their' retail partners. In fact, based on what my connection up in MI told me, if he was still running a physical shop he'd be charging $15 for Neutron and $14 for Proton.

With that said, they'll still be cheaper than the competition at the beginning, but I doubt we'll see that mythical $12 premium disc unless they (Streamline) make adjustments to wholesale pricing. Additionally, the disc I have (and the couple others I handled) did feel nicer than fresh off the shelf plastic from Innova, Discraft or Trilogy. That, combined with the somewhat lower price point and great stamps might be enough to get new players to give Streamline a chance over other premium discs.

Wholesale is plenty cheap enough to allow for lower pricing. Even at base (higher volume stores will be getting them for even less) id call BS there sorry.

They are basically 20% less vs MVPs.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that pricepoint be less of a differentiator than you think. I'm hearing that the wholesale price on Streamline is such that we won't see the prices Streamline mentioned in their video if retailers want to maintain their traditional profit margins. It sounds like Streamline advertised retail prices, but didn't lower the wholesale prices enough to make them feasible for their' retail partners. In fact, based on what my connection up in MI told me, if he was still running a physical shop he'd be charging $15 for Neutron and $14 for Proton.

With that said, they'll still be cheaper than the competition at the beginning, but I doubt we'll see that mythical $12 premium disc unless they (Streamline) make adjustments to wholesale pricing. Additionally, the disc I have (and the couple others I handled) did feel nicer than fresh off the shelf plastic from Innova, Discraft or Trilogy. That, combined with the somewhat lower price point and great stamps might be enough to get new players to give Streamline a chance over other premium discs.

Funny, I bought mine at the exact advertised prices in the video from a retailer.

Wholesale is plenty cheap enough to allow for lower pricing. Even at base (higher volume stores will be getting them for even less) id call BS there sorry.

They are basically 20% less vs MVPs.

Just sharing what I was told. Trust me, I'd love to be proven wrong. I did notice that Community was selling them slightly higher, which lent credibility to what I was told.

Doing the math on it though, 20% comes out to roughly 4 bucks off the $18 to $19 that my local shop charges for MVP, which is slightly higher than I pay my guy in Michigan. Still puts them in that $14 to $15 range. Not trying to argue since you can see wholesale prices, but again, it lends credibility to what he told me.

Last edited:
KW'sDiscgolf, who just sold out of all Streamline by the way, was offering them at $1.00 less than the overmold counterparts. I expect DGC and MST to do the same when they release their stock.

Its brilliant and let me add, its not stickered...its inked. So you wont forget how much you paid for it.