• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Striker Vs. PD

optowesome

Par Member
I already know the PD is more stable...

How do their fades compare?
Distance?
How well/ long does the P PD beat in? Does it stay in the sweet spot.

I throw my strikers 400 on a very tight S which finished a little left(10 ft) from straight. What will a S PD, P PD, and seasoned P PD fly like?

I like my strikers, but the wind can make them squirrelly.

optowesome said:
I like my strikers, but the wind can make them squirrelly.

Try a 1st Run S PD for winds, bit more stable than the others, but all do a nice job of falling fwd when they fade.

When you really whack a Pro disc (ie- tree under 100ft away), it is just not coming back all the way to the original shape, maybe half way after you re-work it.

strikers are to eagles as PDs are to teebirds.

draw logical conclusions from that statement.

victorb said:
strikers are to eagles as PDs are to teebirds.

draw logical conclusions from that statement.

Yeah, I've said as much before and I still agree with that statement.

Eh.. I'd say if:
PD = TeeBird
then
OLF = Eagle

Striker is kind a in between there somewhere.

The Striker was the all over this board until the PD came out. Thunder: stolen.

I kept my two favorite Strikers but I don't know when I'll ever use them again. I revisited them recently and I really do like the PD's that much better.

I didn't test Strikers extensively and I was already throwing PDs at the time. It just didn't transition as smoothly in it's flight. I had to give it some hyzer to keep it from getting some high speed turn, but when I gave it hyzer it liked to fade hard and skip. The PD really kicked it's butt in the wind as well.

If you want something slower than these discs, is a Teebird still a good option? I want something stable to complement my River, and while I carry a PD, I'd like something slower sometimes.

the strikers were also all over the place in stability. I remember not being able to flip my Striker from the littlest of hyzer, but watching Disc Junkie just bomb a hyzer flip with it. I think this disc was a big part of the PLH research.

I threw both a lot and would give the edge to the PD. If you want an eagle type distance driver, get a SOLF(Orion long fade).

The strikers are really temping because of the plastic. But the two that I've thrown seem polar opposites. My goldline is super stable. I can rip into it hard and flat and it will go straight and fade. My opto will turn pretty easy. Maybe if I threw more of them and found some that were between the two I would throw them. But I haven't thrown a PD I didn't love yet.

kern9787 said:
The strikers are really temping because of the plastic. But the two that I've thrown seem polar opposites. My goldline is super stable. I can rip into it hard and flat and it will go straight and fade. My opto will turn pretty easy. Maybe if I threw more of them and found some that were between the two I would throw them. But I haven't thrown a PD I didn't love yet.

I've found the same thing with my Strikers. The Opto had some decent turn before coming back some. The GL went str8, then faded (kind of like a C-PD flight but a hair shorter and less reliable). Also the GL was relatively flat and had a higher PLH. The Opto was domey and had a lower PLH.

If I had an all Latitude bag I'd carry the Strikers, but not otherwise. Good discs, but don't come close to my PD's.