• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

sweet roadtrip

SAxDrc

Birdie Member
That's a hell of a lot of driving for a week or two (me personally, I'd take about 4 months to go that far and play about 200 courses). I don't even know where to start... I can probably give you about 50 courses that would be along that route that are worth checking out, at least a dozen that are "cant miss" courses. I'll just mention a handful.

Hidden Lake, St. Augusta, and Riverside in St. Cloud as long as you're there, and even Becker City park would be on the way and very worthwhile (On your way from Blue Ribbon to Diamond X), Elm Creek is basically on the way as well. (MN has a ton to offer, but I'll stick with those ones as they are along the I-94 corridor, and would be on your way.

From Billings to Denver about the only worthwhile course is Casper WY. But once you get to Denver there's a ton of options, I would suggest the Read Feather Lakes courses West of Ft. Collins, Sundance, Beaver Meadows, and Golden Eagle are all better than Conifer IMHO.

I don't have much advice between Denver and Idlewild... KC waterworks is ok, overrated if you ask me. Kelley Park in McCook NE was nice, but probably not worth the trip away from the freeway.

That's what I've got for now, I can give you a ton of advice about MN, Wyoming, or even some more about Colorado if you're interested.

To finish up my advice, this sounds like an awesome road trip. But if you truly only have a "week or two" I'd pick one of these areas and play many courses in one area, you could spend a week or two in MN and have an amazing time, a week or two in CO would be incredible, a week or two in KY I'm sure would be great (I've never been there). This would eliminate days lost to driving time, at least a day lost between MN and MT, a day between MT and CO, and a day between CO and KY - 4 days of driving in a week long road trip doesn't leave much time for DG. Again, just my opinion. Good luck and have an awesome trip!

To finish up my advice, this sounds like an awesome road trip. But if you truly only have a "week or two" I'd pick one of these areas and play many courses in one area, you could spend a week or two in MN and have an amazing time, a week or two in CO would be incredible, a week or two in KY I'm sure would be great (I've never been there). This would eliminate days lost to driving time, at least a day lost between MN and MT, a day between MT and CO, and a day between CO and KY - 4 days of driving in a week long road trip doesn't leave much time for DG. Again, just my opinion. Good luck and have an awesome trip!

yeah 2 weeks was just a guess but thinking back on it a little longer would be better. Mostly I'm finishing up college this winter so I wanted to go on a road trip before I have to become a responsible adult.

Have a blast, sounds like a dream come true. I'm thinking of taking a trip to Texas to visit my aunt this fall/early winter and playing as many courses I can in the two weeks I would be there. Maybe I could meet some Texas dgcr members while I'm there. That would be rad.

Biz
Team Bert

Latest posts