• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TDGV

I haven't watched the video yet, but I saw the title "Voldemort" on my screen and I wanted to let you know I appreciate that and expecting great things. I'll report back in a little over 46 seconds.

Voltemort, I meant. Is this a rough cut of something? It seems weird. The audio cuts out for me and fades back in and I don't know what discs you're throwing. I like the videos, so thanks for posting!!

Sorry should of specified its all Volt drives. When we zoom in the camera stops recording audio.

Good to see you made it up to Punderson. Il watch the vid later when I have better bandwidth. They really did a nice job even though their are a few head scratchers (14 seems too tight in general and 15's landing area is a bit small and punitive) but overall I think both layouts are a ton of fun.

i LOVE punderson! i gave it 4.5 stars back when it was a 9 hole course and i've been accused of under-rating courses. it's the real deal, especially in the winter in a foot of snow.

funny side note; i'm listening to RMG (morning Cleveland Radio talk show on WMMS) and they are having a segment on this park and ghost stories. aparently it's an ohio ghost epicenter along the mansfield prison.

not that i'm into that sort of thing. just strange that they are talking about the park right now.

I got a better signal and watched with breakfast. Glad to see I'm not the only one who can blow a great drive on two. It's a tricky bird to get.

I see you guys played kind of a mixed layout probably because of the waning light (short pads on 3 and 5 and all of the shorter baskets; the ones with caution tape. Many of the long baskets are like WTF this is still a par X?). The long pad on three is fun because you hyzer over the water as an approach (even though I nicked a PD on a branch causing it to anhyzer 100 feet into the lake).

7 is another hole with a questionable fairway that I think could be better.

I gave it a 4.5 too mainly because of the quality of both layouts.

What exactly is the alternative layout? I noticed one hole had two baskets and I think there were two holes that shared one? I don't know, had a blast either way. Got Roscoe, Hudson and Wadsworth videos all shot, just need edited.

All the baskets with caution tape have a longer basket which I think is the intended 'blue layout.'. 9's is on a little peninsula above the ravine further up the hill. 12 has a basket tucked way the hell back. 14 plays to the practice basket near tee 1. 15 has one way back along the lake. All IMO are very demanding and should prolly each add another stroke to par but the signs don't dictate that. I deduced this by looking at the distances for blue on the signs for all of these holes, which all correspond to the longer baskets. I think the shorter ones are more fun generally as I said the longs baskets just seem too tough.

Remembering now another long blues tee you guys skipped was 10 the one with the row of pines. The blues tee is tough to find at first, a few hundred feet further to the right when you walk up from 9 (south from the red teepad). It's yet another blue teepad which just makes the hole a different story than from the red, with the blue requiring a demanding and accurate upshot.

Yeah I'd like to play all the blues sometime. We were pressed for time though, and I like mixing up long, demanding holes with ace runs. Seems like most courses its generally one or the other, so we had good variety this round.

Thats cool info on the baskets. Do they move them for tournies?

Not sure about tourneys but the club must bust some A because they have two permanent baskets on all those holes with two (often the second is just hard to spot) and the teepad work they have done and have slated to do is ambitious and impressive.

Good stuff Mike. I don't know why more players, especially pros, don't do videos like this.

I've been incorporating a lot more FH into my game, and reaping the results. The only thing I would question is your advice to use only putters to begin with. It's sometimes hard to grab a putter with a good FH grip. Certain discs are more comfortable, like shallower puttters, and flat mids/drivers. At least that's been my experience. Everyone's hands are different.

Bigsky, that's a good point. As long as the shallow disc isn't going to mask OAT too much like a Zone or Rhyno, there's no reason that wouldn't work well either.

No but I would like to. I plan to buy some extra batteries for my camera soon, then me and a friend will head down there sometime this summer. Maybe we can all meet up if you want.

Latest posts