• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Tell me about your Stag...

My 2 VIP stags (+170g first run) at 350-400ft probably act like this...

Hight of throw = 3 - 5 meters...
Turn = 2 - 4 meters of the point of aiming...
Fade = 2 - 4 meters of the point of aiming...

So it has a nice, long and TIGHT "S".

Last edited:
Another question for all this TP-versus-VIP talk: does the Tourney have less fade than the VIP? Or just more turn? I've only thrown a VIP, at 171, and it's got a fair bit of fade. I'm thinking of getting a Tourney; it'd be nice if it had a bit less fade.

Another question for all this TP-versus-VIP talk: does the Tourney have less fade than the VIP? Or just more turn? I've only thrown a VIP, at 171, and it's got a fair bit of fade. I'm thinking of getting a Tourney; it'd be nice if it had a bit less fade.

I would say my TP has a little less fade...but it's minor in difference. After it was getting worn in bit, it started to add more turn and loose the fade a touch.

I think the VIP/TP Stags pair really well together

Thanks for the info. Always worth taking into consideration that the Tourney beats in much more willingly than the VIP.

I initially didn't like my VIP Stag - it just didn't seem that different than a beat DX Banshee to me - but I'm starting to change my tune. The more I throw it, the more I'm able to bring out the glide. It still leaves a big gap between it and my Underworlds, and it doesn't boot out the Banshee (which is a total wind killer), but if I could find a version of it that fit between the VIP and an Underworld it might be worth adopting for that slot.

Anyone out there who could compare an Air VIP to a TP?

Although the dissimilarities are apparent, I find the stag and the escape battling it out for a spot in my bag...I think the Stag has about 5% more distance potential but the escape is just so smooth in the hand. Ultimately, they both give a slight "s" curve when juiced and go a LONG way....thoughts?

Although the dissimilarities are apparent, I find the stag and the escape battling it out for a spot in my bag...I think the Stag has about 5% more distance potential but the escape is just so smooth in the hand. Ultimately, they both give a slight "s" curve when juiced and go a LONG way....thoughts?

I opted for the escape in my bag because I really wanted the stag to be a teebird replacement, which it isn't. The escape replaces the PD for me and the since the stag lacks HSS It overlapped quite a bit with the striker and river. I'm still waiting for Lat64 trio to release a TB replacement. Till then rivals and teebirds are still in the bag.

I got a heavier (173+) TP stag...and wow is that thing not what I expected. It has a ton of turn to it, and it doesnt come back except for maybe the last 20 feet of the flight. 0,3 for turn/fade, id say more like -3,1. And forget throwing into a headwind, it turns into a great roller disc. Going to probably give it a try with a heavy VIP, or just say forget it and stick with the saint/pd combo. Very disappointed in this disc in the TP to say the least :thmbdown:

I got a heavier (173+) TP stag...and wow is that thing not what I expected. It has a ton of turn to it, and it doesnt come back except for maybe the last 20 feet of the flight. 0,3 for turn/fade, id say more like -3,1. And forget throwing into a headwind, it turns into a great roller disc. Going to probably give it a try with a heavy VIP, or just say forget it and stick with the saint/pd combo. Very disappointed in this disc in the TP to say the least :thmbdown:

My friend had the exact same experience. His was a 174 tp I believe.

Selecting an OS fairway driver has been fun this year. I started throwing the Shock, Ascent, and Stag as soon as the Stag was released so I could compare them to one another. The bottom line: the yellow Stags (both VIP and TP) were too release angle sensitive for me. I couldn't put the slightest amount of anhyzer on release or they would go nutterbutters. The Shock and the Ascent are much more forgiving and never turn and burn. Thrown flat, it seems the three molds all had the same flight characteristics. Neither the VIP or the TP Stag made it into my bag despite my affinity with Westside's discs.

The Tursas and the Underworld are still in my bag though :D

Hmmm,
Well after two rounds the VIP AIR Stag has earned a place in my bag. I've got a 155g and it seems stable, just what I was looking for. More fade than a TL, the same as a DX Teebird for me, but in both cases longer. Haven't tried anhyzers with it, but it hyzers predictably.

Hmm....from reading this...it seems like there is a huge difference between the VIP and TP stags...does anyone use a setup like this for their fairways...like...VIP in the teebird spot, maybe a slightly beat up TP for their Understable spot? Just curious, ordering some stuff tomorrow

I've been testing this setup out for a week or two now and I'm really satisfied with it. Even at my 300-ish feet of power, my 165 Tournament has some turn to it - definitely more so than my 171 VIP - and flies straighter longer before the fade kicks in as long as I release it flat. It's more prone to hold an anhyzer line; seems more Eagle X-y than the VIP. Definitely compliments the VIP, and opens up some new lines.

I'm also trying to throw my Tournament as much as possible to see how it beats in.

I've been testing this setup out for a week or two now and I'm really satisfied with it. Even at my 300-ish feet of power, my 165 Tournament has some turn to it - definitely more so than my 171 VIP - and flies straighter longer before the fade kicks in as long as I release it flat. It's more prone to hold an anhyzer line; seems more Eagle X-y than the VIP. Definitely compliments the VIP, and opens up some new lines.

I'm also trying to throw my Tournament as much as possible to see how it beats in.

+1. I think the Tourney + VIP Stag combo will be great for a lot of throwers.

In the VIP plastic, lots of glide and a predictable fade at the end of the flight. Turns a little hard into headwinds. Personally I will continue to experiment with this one.

STAG!!! Finally got it out for more than a couple throws. Man it's great! Both the tp and VIP are bagged. Like a glider teebird. The two remind me of a tl/teebird pairing. With the saint on the other side of stability the stag/saint lineup is gonna be deadly!!

I have a 175 vip that is very nice, however it seems close to my biofuzion escapes and not sure how in the long run where it will fit. Doesn't have anywhere near the amount fade though that is stated. I would say it is a 2 fade. The nice thing is that it takes very little power to get it out there. Going to continue work with this to see if it stays in the bag.

Can you give me more in th comparison between the Stag and Escape?

Is the Escape or the Stag longer?
Which has better glide?
Which the stronger finish?

Which is more HSS, a VIP Stag or BioFuzion Escape?

Edit:

In other news I had some really nice throws with both the Stag and the Saint tonight.
Close to 400 but Stag in a left to right cross wind and Saint in a tail wind.

I have some TP Stags coming. Hopefully they don't overlap too much with the Saint.

And a friend picked me up a BioFuzion Escape from DN today so I'll get to test that when he returns.

Last edited:
Would this compliment my c-fd (the first run) nicely as being more stable but not as stable as fb. So would this fill the role between firebird and c-fd or should i be looking for something different

I will compare the biofuzion escape 166 g to the vip stag 174 g. I would say the biofuzion escape is a 9, 6, 0, 2 and the stag is a 8, 6, 0, 2. Both I have been testing and have to say both have a similar flight pattern. The Stag seems easier to make different lines with, hyzer flex, power down throws, low ceiling. The Escape being even being much lighter handles head winds better and I trust it a bit more on the longer power throws. Both if cranked really hard has the slightest turn at full power but will fight out of it. The escape also seems to have a bit more glide. I just ordered some 174 g biofuzion escapes to compare and will also try some lighter weight stags in the future. I seem to be grabbing for both of them for a lot of the same shots, but love how both work for me. I also do not have a big arm. I'm a 350-400 max player.

One more thing I own a lucid Escape and it is not the same disc as the biofuzion and has a lot more turn and that is why I compare the biofuzion vs the lucid.

Latest posts