• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2012 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

:confused:
Nope it's showing tee times...

Landon Williams 26180 958 Lexington KY USA 1:52 PM
Brian Wilson 43487 916 Evansville IN USA 2:00 PM
Justin Wipperman 46549 948 Xenia OH USA 2:00 PM
Jacob Wood 41823 919 Saint Charles MI USA 2:00 PM
Brandon Wootten 40113 946 Mason OH USA 2:00 PM
Jeff Worley 44794 941 Covington KY USA 2:10 PM
Micheal Yoder 46161 937 Ooltewah TN USA 2:10 PM

Hey Paul, now that you've played with Daniel Allgeier, do you think he is better than his 924 rating?

Huh, maybe they are switching it up this year? I hope I don't go last. If so, it looks like they are also mixing up the ratings for cards which they did not do last year. Last year the higher rated players started closer to the first hole and the lower rated players near the last hole.

I'm sure those tee times are a mistake. I mean, maybe it's tee times, but i'm pretty sure this year the field is not organized by last name...

Also, I'm pumped up for this thing!

I am kidding, Daniel is quite good. Plus he throws PDs. If it weren't for the fact that I also throw PDs he'd be a lock to win BG.

Also, there are like 8 people with the same start time and only 4 times. I think it is a PDGA website thing.

Where can I find the number of spots left for each division?

I know intermediate men is full @ 150

what about the rest of the mens divisions?

Adv?

Adv Masters?

Etc...

HB can give exact numbers but this is a guess based on the DGU signup page and HB's previous posts. He stated approximately 80 slots per pool and 8 pools gives 640 Max. Currently 580 signed up. Max of 60 total spots remaining.

Adv masters M & W - 1 Pool ~80 slots - 68 taken - 12 remaining
Intermediate - FULL
Rec M & W - 2 Pools ~160 slots - 151 taken - 9 Remaining
Adv M & W have 2 Pools + some overflow to the Adv GM M&W & SSM Pool.
In the 3 Pools 240 slots ~ Currently 203 taken (153 Adv & 50 Age Protected divisions). Probably about 25-30 Adv slots left.

The PDGA upload missed up, and started adding tee times for some reaso - hopefully that will go away soon.

SHOTGUN START ALL ROUNDS.

so do not pay that much attention to the PDGA site until just before the event, when we will assign pools by each name. And higher rated players will be nearer to the first hole in each pool.

The various other divisions that will fill very soon include rec men :7 spots, advanced masters - 9 spots, . . . so if you know some one who wants in do it quick!

Advanced men has 13 left, but I may be able to add another few if GM, FGM, SGM do not increase in the near time (pool D)

Thanks dobb . . . I could have waited a moment and saved some looking . . . trying to max pools while saving a couple of spots for ladies and not killing all with too many 5-somes.

INNOVA TEST DRIVE

Note from the boys at Innova today . . . during the BIG GUN contest, all the latest models of Innova drivers will be available for test driving on the distance field! No charge, just come grab a stack of the latest blizzard, mamba, and who know what exce thay may bring and rip them down the marked field.

Of course you can also have them mark the best for the big gun qualifing - but here is a great chance to work on thet big D.

Thursday at Phil Moore Park (hole 2).

Attachments

• big_gun2012 (2).jpg
    big_gun2012 (2).jpg
    151 KB · Views: 22
No max rating, but you have to be an amateur (never accepted cash in a PDGA sanctioned event). Some players choose to remain amateurs, there is no ratings cap on the advanced division.

You can except cash (I believe in a non NT or supertour) and if your rating is below 975 (I think that is the cutoff) you can play advanced still. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but thats what I think.......Good luck there Horsman!!

Here are the cutoffs for pros playing various divisions:

(1) Pro Men and Women
< 970 can play Advanced (MA1)
< 935 can play Intermediate (MA2)
< 900 can play Recreational (MA3)
< 850 can play Novice (MA4)

< 935 can also play Advanced Master (MM1) if they are of Masters age
< 900 can also play Advanced Grandmaster (MG1) if they are of Grandmasters age

(2) Pro Women only
< 850 can play Advanced Women (FW1)
< 800 can play Intermediate Women (FW2)
< 750 can play Recreational Women (FW3)

Because BG ams is an A tier not an NT/major, pros who fall under these ratings can play in am divisions.

^^^^ THat is what I saw and I was really confused as to why there were people in the tournament above that rating, and thanks Matt Im goin there just to have some fun and to Represent panda in the Advanced division and because I think I might have a shot at making the finals for the distance competition.

Here are the cutoffs for pros playing various divisions:

Because BG ams is an A tier not an NT/major, pros who fall under these ratings can play in am divisions.

If you are a pro who has cashed in an NT/major then it doesn't matter what your rating is you can't play am anymore. If you are a pro who cashed in a tournament a, b, c tier and your rating is less than 970 you can still play advanced am. I could be wrong, but all am events are considered a tiers at best. For example I'm trying to get in to the beaver state fling Adv men this year. Even though the Beaver state fling is an NT the amateur beaver state fling is an A tier. So if I had cashed in a A,B,C tier the week before and my rating was over 970 then no I couldn't play advanced men, but if I was rated less than 970 I could play it still because the Am portion of the NT is an A tier.

My wife has had issues with this because she is rated higher than 850 and the cutoff for women cashing and playing Am is 850. The cutoff is ridiculous for women if you ask me. More than 100 rating points off the highest rated pro women out there. But the mens cutoff at 970 is roughly 70 off the highest rated mens player. Its kind of confusing and kinda stupid, but those are the rules as of last year and we all gotta play by em........

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but aren't all am tournaments A tier at best? I'm not sure about worlds, but don't all NT events that offer amateur divisions offer those am divisions as an A tier..........

maybe we should start a thread about this.......

Rec men - 2 openings, rec women, 2 openings, int women - 1 opening

There will likely be a number of players who will be rated low in advanced . . . but you will play for a prize each round in your group - a chance to win 4 more items! So come on and play advanced for the experance of this BIG event.

All of the BGTC is ready for pratice (tees, mandow up, etc) and Wha Bah has the tees marked.

If you are in or near BG Tuesday 3-13-12, come to the club meeting at Wha Bah at 4:30 for a round or 5:30 for the to help with the punch list of course prep, players package prep, or pool volenteer score and enjoy the 78 degree evening on Wah Bah porch!

Disc Announcements coming in the next few days for the players package!

Now at 592 players from 24 states . . . thanks to the guys form CA and OR who just jumped in for a long road trip.

For someone to just go and enjoy the festivities (bringing son,not play), would Worlds or Bowling Green a better arena? I'm leaning Worlds.

^^do you know him? He used to live by me.....moved to NC and his rating has exploded over the last couple years. Must be the courses down there