• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2012 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

If you are a pro who has cashed in an NT/major then it doesn't matter what your rating is you can't play am anymore.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but aren't all am tournaments A tier at best? I'm not sure about worlds, but don't all NT events that offer amateur divisions offer those am divisions as an A tier..........

Majors for ams include am worlds, am nats and am world doubles, not sure if there are any others. I think you have that first part backwards, it doesn't matter where you cash, it matters where you play. You could theoretically win pro worlds, suck for a while and get a low rating and play in an am division at non-major events. Here's the full rule on the subject, read the first paragraph for explanation of the above.

Last edited:
For an A tier, all players must be current PDGA members, correct?

There are a lot of people signed up who aren't current (more than 25 in MA3 alone.) What is the cut-off date for these people to make themselves current before the spots open back up?

For an A tier, all players must be current PDGA members, correct?

There are a lot of people signed up who aren't current (more than 25 in MA3 alone.) What is the cut-off date for these people to make themselves current before the spots open back up?

In my case, I renewed my PDGA membership before I registered, but the PDGA has been slow at getting things up on the web. They told me that I could view stats on Wednesday of this week when I registered on wednesday of last week. They also told me they would fix the rating issue where someone else's scores made my rating ridiculous on/by March 20th.

I'd imagine that people will be able to renew on the spot in BG since the tour director will personally be there.

They must be current by Fridy night (as the PDGA will be here to check and take names) or we just sent them home. Keep the players pack and hang around and watch!

We will not "open any spots" to try to add one or two more, just too much of a problem and hard to keep that list(s) working fair. No waiting list. If some drop out, are bumped by raitings, bail due to pressure, or just a real life and job interfears, then just a little more slack in the busy pool of about 80 players. But please let me know if you are not showing, so I can pull your score board card.

No shows can keep their players package let me know who will pick it up - (no mailing) or drop with a full refund by mail untill Tuesday, March 27th (first check in time at 7pm).

3 months to get on board . . . and thanks to all that help make this smooth by getting on board sooner than later!

How's the weather been down there? Has it been wet or relatively dry? Cooler days or warmer? Lots of wind or pretty calm? Thanks HB :)

Hey bro, did u find my name bane email yet? Still haven't received that email from last week.

Quantum Astra (players package disc announced)

Millennium Golf Discs has just released the Quantum Astra with "Stardust." The Bowling Green Amateur Championships will represent the disc's tournament debut. Made with Millennium's most durable plastic, the Quantum Astra will fly a little more stable than it's standard plastic counterpart (which has been described as a speed 11 Ultra Long-Range Driver with straight to understable flight characteristics depending on throwing power). Achieve your longest drives ever without sacrificing control.

Attachments

• Q Astra 1.jpg
    Q Astra 1.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 69
How will the "overflow" from advanced work? Pools are capped at 75 right? You're saying you would open up more spots for advanced?

I think he said that the age protected divisions had some space, and they play the same courses as the other advanced pools, maybe they'll use that space for overflow.

Just sent out an updated e-mail to all registered players, if you do not get this your e-mail is wrong in Disc Golf U.

Pool D has old guys(GM), older guys (SGM) and the lower rated advanced players.
Pool A has Advanced women (on holes 1 and 2), and the top rated advanced men.
Pool B has Advanced Men (in the middle rated)

I will likely spread the advanced men out to balance the numbers of players in the three pools for best playing flow. I expect I will geet another dozen advanced men signing up soon.

What is the cap for each pool? I'm concerned about the 3rd pool for adv. my ride and I both played up pretty much sure we'd both be in the b pool. We would have played int if we'd known this was going to happen, but now it's full. I know you can't please everyone, and that you can't honor pool requests, but this stinks...

it depends on your rating so if you and your freind are relatively close there is a good chance you will be in the same pool, same thing could of happened in intermediate too...

Major,

BG Tech, Hobson and Kereiakes are all relatively close to one another. Whomever is driving drop the other person off at his course before 1st, 2nd and 4th rounds. The odd man can catch a ride from 2nd to 3rd round. It's really not that big of a deal.

Phil Moore is the only oddball that is a little bit out of the way. Still though, it shouldn't be a problem.

Ashleigh and I are going to be in different pools, we figured on Saturday (the only day with multiple rounds), one of us won't have a problem catching a ride with one of the other 75 people playing the same courses, the other days it won't be a big deal at all.

I'm sure this has been said before. Mashnut and Ashnut.

Boom.

Ashleigh and I are going to be in different pools, we figured on Saturday (the only day with multiple rounds), one of us won't have a problem catching a ride with one of the other 75 people playing the same courses, the other days it won't be a big deal at all.