• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The anticipation of new plastic in the mail

Love the trading bubble mailers in the mailbox. I used to do a lot of Grateful Dead show trading before the advent of easy file sharing, and coming home to a couple rare shows in the mailbox was just about the best thing ever.

Wanna see how big of a nerd I used to be about live shows?

http://db.etree.org/stardoggy

The problem is that some of these websites that sell discs are major slackers. I'm sure I shouldn't mention which ones since they are advertising here. If I order a disc at 8 am on a Monday, there's absolutely no reason for that disc to arrive the following week. Anticipating a disc coming sucks when two days shipping somehow turns to seven days.

Nice list. I never got around to cataloging mine, but I've got several hundred Dead shows and a ton of other stuff as well. I still get the occasional surprise mailer from guys I used to trade with when the stumble on something they know I'd dig.

I used to run an FTP download site back in the day. I've got a lot of non-Dead Jerry stuff, which was kind of my passion...and they weren't always easy to find. I kind of miss the days of hunting down a certain show and trading. Did it with cassettes before that...good times. So trading discs is almost a blast from the past for me.

Last edited:
I used to run an FTP download site back in the day. I've got a lot of non-Dead Jerry stuff, which was kind of my passion...and they weren't always easy to find. I kind of miss the days of hunting down a certain show and trading. Did it with cassettes before that...good times. So trading discs is almost a blast from the past for me.

Which site? I may have downloaded from it :D

I did the cassette thing too for many years. We may have to chat in PM, I may have a few things you'd be interested in, and there are a couple on your list I'd love to get my hands on. I'll shoot you a message sometime over the weekend.

The worst is when you beat the mail man home and you have to wait. I am sure my neighbors think I'm nuts I just sit outside with my practice basket until the mail man comes.

Im waiting on a package from Lion with a couple Rampages and a stack of Pinnacle Ghosts due in tomorrow. I am pretty excited to put some mileage on those Ghosts.

I'm waiting on two ace race discs I ordered early this week, hopefully they come in tomorrow while I'm at work so I can take them out for a round after work.

Lets see here. I am waiting on a champ factory dyed preflight rhyno, a champ preflight dark smokey grey panther, a 5x jk champ valkyrie, and a star skeeter. Those will go with the star cro, and christian sandstrom preflight star valkyrie i just recieved. Gotta love mail call baby. And these were all on trades.

Last edited:
If I order a disc at 8 am on a Monday, there's absolutely no reason for that disc to arrive the following week. Anticipating a disc coming sucks when two days shipping somehow turns to seven days.
If you're paying for the shipping, that frustration is understandable. When you choose the "free" shipping some vendors offer, you are essentially telling the sender that saving money is more imperative than saving time.

The reality is that is doesn't take a week to ship that package, and your sender isn't sitting on it for five days. But to ship that package it takes labor, fuel and other costs to get it from point A to point B, and that cost is a lot more economical for companies like UPS and FedEx when your package waits for other packages from other shippers to arrive that are heading to the same destination, so they can all be sent to the destination location together.

qcIPzR6.jpg

Waiting on a roc3 and classic warden

Not to complain about free shipping but dgc.com free shipping is 11 to 14 days...I could ride my bike to get it and it'd be faster