• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

These ones were made to the specs I wanted them. Hope they fly like you all will want them too

If these came out in the shape you like best, I'm going to have to buy a bunch of them, because it's also my favorite profile for comets (tall shoulder, flatter dome)

If these came out in the shape you like best, I'm going to have to buy a bunch of them, because it's also my favorite profile for comets (tall shoulder, flatter dome)

I'm going to get a big batch of this run just for myself to use for a while, that's how much I have liked this run so far

No Masters Cup MJ? Seems like that course would be right up your alley...

...though, I guess thats a bit of a drive for you.;)

Last edited:
Speaking of tourneys, are you playing any in Tennessee this year? This year at state, only 2 courses are being played as opposed to the 4 last year.
As heavly wooded as Panther is, I would think you could tear that course apart.

Last edited:
Just threw my two brand spankin' new MJ Comets (2018) and they are AWESOME. I could put some pretty good power behind them and into a slight headwind only had minimal turn. Put 10 degrees of hyzer on them and they're gone. Buh bye. I'm going to really like these...

These ones were made to the specs I wanted them. Hope they fly like you all will want them too

Got two rounds in today with the new tour series comet. It's perfect. My favorite comet thus far. Pairs perfectly with last years tour series witch was less stable and my ti comets that are a little more stable. I've got about 30 comets now and I still need more!

MJ,

Which premium Mantis flies closest to it's flight out of the box? which is the flippiest?

Ordered one the other day from the Discraft site, looking forward to messing with it.

Also looking forward to seeing you play at the Grange nex weekend for the 2 Days in May tournament MJ, that is if the course isn't under water with all the rain lately.

Speaking of tourneys, are you playing any in Tennessee this year? This year at state, only 2 courses are being played as opposed to the 4 last year.
As heavly wooded as Panther is, I would think you could tear that course apart.

I already have something I am doing that weekend

Saw you got 2nd at Huk this year! Congrats! What are your thoughts on the new holes and layout of the course?

I actually really enjoyed the new holes. A good addition to the course. The par 5 might still need some tweaking, but that's expected with it going thru so many trees

I actually really enjoyed the new holes. A good addition to the course. The par 5 might still need some tweaking, but that's expected with it going thru so many trees

Is that the one you throw uphill into the gap and then it's just a monster tunnel through the woods? Yeah, that's a toughey. I played them when they weren't quite complete last summer but could really tell they are winners. Schaup really has built something special down there. I also like the one that throws the opposite way from hole 17 along the creek.

Is that the one you throw uphill into the gap and then it's just a monster tunnel through the woods? Yeah, that's a toughey. I played them when they weren't quite complete last summer but could really tell they are winners. Schaup really has built something special down there. I also like the one that throws the opposite way from hole 17 along the creek.

Yea that's the one. I also really like the one that plays the opposite way off of 17s tee

I got my purple MJ tour esp glow Comet in tonight. I did not get home until 10:30, so I have not got a chance to to any field work with it....but mine glows. It is dim, but it would be bright enough to see in the woods, if o e was close.

I got my purple MJ tour esp glow Comet in tonight. I did not get home until 10:30, so I have not got a chance to to any field work with it....but mine glows. It is dim, but it would be bright enough to see in the woods, if o e was close.

Nice, I got a big box of them sent to me right before I left for the trip I am no right now. Thinking I will be able to see how they glow when I get back home

Nice, I got a big box of them sent to me right before I left for the trip I am no right now. Thinking I will be able to see how they glow when I get back home

Just bring that box to the Mad City Open this year and I'll be glad to help you with that! ;):p

Latest posts