• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Finally got my swirl glo esp tour series from sunking! I cant believe how good it feels in the hand. Its got a mellow and shallow profile compared to my Big Z and elite X comets. A nice mix of slightly gummy but mostly stiff. Cant wait to test it out later today.

How do they change up the molding specs for you? Do you go in there and talk to folks at the factory and request specific things?

Looks like those swirl ESP ones were pretty popular, I bought one in max weight and wanted to get a second one that was lighter but everywhere I've checked seems to be out. Pretty cool that they are that popular.

Finally got my swirl glo esp tour series from sunking! I cant believe how good it feels in the hand. Its got a mellow and shallow profile compared to my Big Z and elite X comets. A nice mix of slightly gummy but mostly stiff. Cant wait to test it out later today.

How do they change up the molding specs for you? Do you go in there and talk to folks at the factory and request specific things?

For me I usually talk to them and tell them what I like and look for in the particular mold I am throwing or wanting them to tweak for me. Will get to go to the factory for DGLO and work with them to get the Ringer GT to the softness I want

I bought 4 zflx heats when they first came out in a production run and they were just right "flippy". I'm a roadrunner/sidewinder thrower and these heats were farther/straighter after a month or so of trees and stayed nice for quite a while. Wore 2 out and lost 2.

I bought 4 more a year-ish later and they all were waaayyy too flippy -- unusable.

Does Discraft adjust runs/molds as they wear/break-in? (Meaning -- can I re-visit the zflx heat down the road and have it be not so crazy flippy ... ?)

Have you seen anything like this in the molds/plastic you throw or was it just a random thing with these particular discs?

Looks like Sun King has more of the Glo Swirls in! I just ordered a couple and couldn't be more stoked! Hot Pink/Rainbow and Yellow/White with Pink Wood Grain. I saw some on other sites but they only had easily lost colors - gray, green etc. Glad I waited.

I have a disc budget, so I can't buy as many as I want at once. Will Discaft be doing another run of these? I see on their website that they are running low.

I bought 4 zflx heats when they first came out in a production run and they were just right "flippy". I'm a roadrunner/sidewinder thrower and these heats were farther/straighter after a month or so of trees and stayed nice for quite a while. Wore 2 out and lost 2.

I bought 4 more a year-ish later and they all were waaayyy too flippy -- unusable.

Does Discraft adjust runs/molds as they wear/break-in? (Meaning -- can I re-visit the zflx heat down the road and have it be not so crazy flippy ... ?)

The should get back to what you had originally at some point. They do swap back and forth doing domey and flat runs of lots of molds. And odd that the flx ones were flippy for you, all the ones I have seen were more stable than regular z runs

The should get back to what you had originally at some point. They do swap back and forth doing domey and flat runs of lots of molds. And odd that the flx ones were flippy for you, all the ones I have seen were more stable than regular z runs

I know it's only anecdotal, but I use my ZFlx Heat as my more flippy fairway driver. My Z has a more reliable stability. For me, it isn't a bad thing, I definitely use both, but that Zflx will turn and turn for me when I need that kind of shot, or flip to straight for long tunnels.

Good morning MJ. Just wanted to say thanks for playing in WI twice already this year, and signing up for the upcoming Silver Cup.

Quick question about Sandy Point...was I correct when I told you that you would enjoy the lines up there? I'm guessing that you also enjoyed the lines at Standing Rocks?

See you in July, sir.

I couldn't imagine hitting long putts with those bricks, very impressive :hfive:

I left my putting putters in my practice basket a couple times recently and had to putt with my Zone. I was very surprised by some of the long putts I hit! If you spin it, it holds a line like nothing else. Could just be dumb luck, but it was noticeable enough that it got me thinking about switching away from my precious Wizards.

I left my putting putters in my practice basket a couple times recently and had to putt with my Zone. I was very surprised by some of the long putts I hit! If you spin it, it holds a line like nothing else. Could just be dumb luck, but it was noticeable enough that it got me thinking about switching away from my precious Wizards.

It's actually pretty good inside the circle, but the farther out you go it becomes tough to keep it online

Latest posts