• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Just got mine in the mail today. I haven't had a chance to throw it yet, but the plastic feels much more like Big Z than ESP. I can't wait to throw it, but I must say that it is called a swirl GLO ESP Comet, but mine has absolutely NO glow properties, even after holding a UV light over it for 30 seconds in a dark closet. I didn't really buy it for glow rounds anyway so no sweat. Here's a pic..

Well I have to agree, those 2018 esp tour series comets are swell!

I just wanted to come back to this thread to say I've been throwing this Comet for a month now and I couldn't be happier with it. It has flown just like I've hoped it would fresh out of the shipping box. Most of my other discs require a breaking in period, but not this one. Getting ready to order a couple of back-ups!

i just got my MJ Glo Comets. They seem a little more overstable than the Z comets I have. Is that by design? Not that its a bad thing, lol.

i just got my MJ Glo Comets. They seem a little more overstable than the Z comets I have. Is that by design? Not that its a bad thing, lol.

Yes it is by design. I wanted them to be more stable than normal comets. This will also give them a nice life span

Would love to see an in the bag type video, except you also go to a field and throw your main discs, along with distance markers so we can see how far typical distance is for each disc. We rarely get to see accurate distances from pros in their field work videos, clinics, etc. Thx.

Agreed, most stable Comet I have (and I have a bunch).
Threw it slightly uphill, LHBH, into a teeny bit of headwind on #16 at the Castle, 268'(?)
Just a few feet of turn before it faded right to the basket and parked.
Throws like that are why I play DG.
Got three more from SunKing this morning, and they still have a few.
Thanks MJ!

Would love to see an in the bag type video, except you also go to a field and throw your main discs, along with distance markers so we can see how far typical distance is for each disc. We rarely get to see accurate distances from pros in their field work videos, clinics, etc. Thx.

That's an interesting idea

Finally got to throw the new ESP GLO comet around. Basically echoing everyone else sentiments, the stability is great, feels comfy in the hand, good grip on the plastic blend, and looks great. Ordered another backup for this busy summer.

I must say though, my Big Z max weight comet might be a tick more stable overall, and likes being thrown hard. Although its quite a bit bulkier in my hand with a higher shoulder, and quite domey.

Yes it is by design. I wanted them to be more stable than normal comets. This will also give them a nice life span

I'm bagging a Z Comet and starting to groove with it. You and the other knuckleheads on this thread have convinced me to go grab one of your new swirly ESPs at my local shop today. Don't need any more discs, sigh......

And yes, please do an ITB with some disc throwing.

I did not realize how different the stability was until I went to an empty field and threw the glo swirl and fly dye Z back to back. Low lines, in the woods, I was not seeing it, but high, max distance lines, I could see it easily.

Today, I hit a downhill, left turning, tunnel(hole 6, Panther) shot that I have been struggling with. The only person, until today, that I have witnessed, hit the pure line to the bottom, was with a KC Roc.
With the glo swirl Comet, I had to put a touch on hyzer on it, but not much.

Last edited:

That's great. I'll keep my Z Comet in the bag for dead straight and turnover lines and add one of these for that reliable fade. Nice work!

They are more stable than any of Ti ones I have had done

Wow, definitely snagging a few when DGCenter restocks...I love the MJ Ti ones, I actually can throw those in headwind with a lot of confidence.

I know the Comet gets a ton of love...but what about some tour series Bangers?

With these being more overstable than the non-tour mold, does this mean we're going to see the beefier Comets making their way to the stock stamps? With it being such a great tool for keeping your form tidy, I kind of hope they're kept separate.

With these being more overstable than the non-tour mold, does this mean we're going to see the beefier Comets making their way to the stock stamps? With it being such a great tool for keeping your form tidy, I kind of hope they're kept separate.

Or just keep the run variations up so we all can stock up on what we like! :)

I prefer the more stable Comets and I'm running very low on my ESP 3rd run LEs that I love so much. Picked up one of the new MJ ESP Glow tour series Comets and they're not as stable as the 3rd run LEs but close enough. Would love a production run of these so I can stock up again.

Latest posts