• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] The Challenger,KC Pro Aviar or the Wizard?

Challenger,KC Pro Aviar or the Wizard,which would you pick?

• Discraft Challenger

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Innova KC Pro Aviar

Votes: 67 32.7%
  • Gateway Wizard

Votes: 104 50.7%

• Total voters
I'm gonna have to vote Wiz. I know they are all similar but something just feels right with a soft wizard. I will say I'm found of flx challengers and yetis.

I've tested all 3. Challenger wins for me...though at the moment I'm really digging the McPros, but that's another thread.

Whoever said Wizards have more glide than Challengers and KC Aviars is high. They have the least glide of the 3.

I'm a push putter who loves driving with putters, so it's the Challenger because it's in the sweet spot stability wise. Wizards are too overstable IMO to use both for putting and driving...but maybe that's just my style of golf.

I've tested all 3. Challenger wins for me...though at the moment I'm really digging the McPros, but that's another thread.

Whoever said Wizards have more glide than Challengers and KC Aviars is high. They have the least glide of the 3.

I'm a push putter who loves driving with putters, so it's the Challenger because it's in the sweet spot stability wise. Wizards are too overstable IMO to use both for putting and driving...but maybe that's just my style of golf.

I agree wizards do not more more glide than kcs that's the reason i stopped using wizards and wizards are too over stable for putting duties for me.

My cheapo 174g Pro-D Challenger is money in the bank inside the circle and I've hit some amazing (for a newbie like me) putts out beyond 40' with it.

Now for the disclaimer... I have not tried the other two putters mentioned so I really can't make a fair comparison. I've had such good success with the Challenger I see no reason to switch up.

Now if I could only get my drivers to work near as well as my putter I think I could be a scratch player.

I voted for the wizard. Low profile, different plastics, etc. I've tried kc aviars and the felt too deep and too hard for me. I don't even notice the bead on the wizard but for some reason the bead on the kc aviar bothers me.

And anyone that has read Gateway's page and doesn't disagree is high?

I'd say the Wizard glides better than the Challenger. I haven't thrown Aviars.

another wizard user here, i love them, i cant get it in about any feel of plastic i like and the guys at gateway are awesome to work with

Challenger! I yell CHALLENGER DEEP loudly when I throw them off the box to see which of my golfer buddies are on point with there Geography. I have much love for the Z Challenger as my go to short range drivers. I interchange Pro-D/FLX in the circle depending on how hard I plan on smashing the chains.

KC plastic feels slippery to me. Pro D is good, but the SS Wizard is the best feeling disc I've ever held...So Wizard!

I've used all three. I recently have been experimenting with different putters. And up until now I had never used an aviar. I bought one of each kind P&A, Yeti, JK, Star, Champ, Driver, KC Pro, McPro, Classic. And I'm quite ashamed that I didn't try them sooner over all a great disc. I really like the KC for my spush putting style. But I find that the champion aviar is by far the best driving putter I've used, goes straight and fades very gradually. Plus it holds an anhyzer really really well.

I feel this question could be slighty skewed if you prefer soft putters because you can't find soft KC aviars but you can in general challengers and wizards. I would choose the aviar mold in general over the others, Kc glow is the best aviar driving putter ever, softer dx for upshots, stiff dx for straight drives, and super firm KCs for putting.

I feel this question could be slighty skewed if you prefer soft putters because you can't find soft KC aviars but you can in general challengers and wizards. I would choose the aviar mold in general over the others, Kc glow is the best aviar driving putter ever, softer dx for upshots, stiff dx for straight drives, and super firm KCs for putting.

It's not skewed. It's a fact of life that you can find any consistency of Wizard you want, and Aviars and Challengers are limited. Challengers really don't come in a wide variety of firmness either.

It's not skewed. It's a fact of life that you can find any consistency of Wizard you want, and Aviars and Challengers are limited. Challengers really don't come in a wide variety of firmness either.

well i meant it more in the fact that it listed a certain type of plastic for aviars when there are so many varieties but left challengers and wizards general. Im just an aviar lover of all types i could never limit myself to just KC

Latest posts