• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Colt

Traded my 'used one round ' gstar Colt for a couple of new gateway Chiefs today on course... everyone's happy.

Isn't trading awesome? Probably dates back to caveman days.

Traded my 'used one round ' gstar Colt for a couple of new gateway Chiefs today on course... everyone's happy.

Isn't trading awesome? Probably dates back to caveman days.

I like to throw ten or so trade discs in the trunk when I hit the course. Yes trading is awesome

Grabbed a 175 at the local shop today. Gotta say, loved the shallow feel of this disc.

Gonna throw tomorrow after the rain stops.

Sadly my 175g XT Colts aren't working out. Just not getting the right feel, and other discs fill that role better for me.

PM me if interested in a trade. Looking for Pure, Claws/Lockjaw, Berg, mid 160s Valks or Leopards in Star or Gstar, or mid 160s Buzzz/Meteor/Comet in ESP or FLX. My Colts are blue and orange.

I still think the Colt is a really cool mold and I can see myself trying the DX version sometime down the line.

Threw a 173 DX Colt a few times this evening. Almost stable, almost no fade, and the shallow grip fits my forehand well. Pretty sweet disc, and very neutral - I'm going to keep it in the bag for a while.

Best throw was a ~180' uphill approach that flew nearly straight with a very slight right drift and buzzed the chains. Threw from the same spot my straightest Truth, and it went the same distance but hyzered away from the basket at the end.

I'm liking my DX colts the best. I'm waiting for the retooled DX to hit the stores.
I would like to see a larger diameter slightly deeper colt as a midrange.

Nice video. Hole three is a good example of the colt holding a nice hyzer the entire way without flipping up or fading out. Throw the colt on nine next time.

I'm still trying to figure out if a Colt will replace my XD's...anybody on here switching from XD's to the Colt? I want to get a Colt, but not sold on it yet.

Threw my Colt today - wow, what a fun disc. I was getting dead straight shots out of it in my line-drive style, and they were actually getting out there. Farthest putter I've ever thrown, takes plenty of power it sems to me. Parked a couple for easy birdies. One disc round next.

Nice video. Hole three is a good example of the colt holding a nice hyzer the entire way without flipping up or fading out. Throw the colt on nine next time.

Thanks yeah, hole three was 295 I think and I was pin high after hitting the branches on the left. I can't even imagine what an advanced player would be able to do with this disc. I will try it on #9 next time as well. Thanks. Such a great disc.

Yeah I just thought it looked like a pretty good drop in elevation and it might be fun to just watch it keep going.

My Colt just came in the mail today. Much slimmer than I had thought. Not sure how to feel about it yet. Seems like a decent disc to drive with.

Played another couple rounds with this disc, and I continue to be amazed at the straightness of the flight, and the distance.

The shallowness is great, because the risk of griplock is pretty much nil, so you can really put a good rip on it.

Anyone in this thread ever thrown a Ringer? That is yet even shallower, and more stable. Love to compare the two.

Played 27 in the rain this morning. Colt in DX plastic stayed nice and grippy.

Played a one-disc round with the XT Colt today at a local pitch and putt course, holes between 166 and 270 with the average around 220. I played the 9 holes twice and was -5 the first round and -7 the second. I agree with the noodle arm dg review: the Colt is feels almost surgical in its precision off the tee. In that distance range I could easily make it hyzer, anhyzer, or fly super straight. All errors were completely on me. I could see problems if I had needed a really hard hyzer or skip shot or if there had been lots of wind (which there wasn't). However, for most holes under 275 in calm conditions, the Colt's flight is a thing of beauty. The low profile makes it almost as fast as most mids and it glides for days, but it still holds up to moderate power quite well. I really like this disc.

It carved itself a niche in my bag that didn't previously exist - approach disc. It was money for 60-100 foot shots today, and drives on short holes.

Played a one-disc round with the XT Colt today at a local pitch and putt course, holes between 166 and 270 with the average around 220. I played the 9 holes twice and was -5 the first round and -7 the second. I agree with the noodle arm dg review: the Colt is feels almost surgical in its precision off the tee. In that distance range I could easily make it hyzer, anhyzer, or fly super straight. All errors were completely on me. I could see problems if I had needed a really hard hyzer or skip shot or if there had been lots of wind (which there wasn't). However, for most holes under 275 in calm conditions, the Colt's flight is a thing of beauty. The low profile makes it almost as fast as most mids and it glides for days, but it still holds up to moderate power quite well. I really like this disc.

Nice! I'm betting that, when we look back at the end of the year, the Colt will be one of the favorite releases of 2015. People may not be putting with it, but it is huge for drives and approaches.

Also, thanks for reading. :hfive:

Latest posts