• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Colt

Nice! I'm betting that, when we look back at the end of the year, the Colt will be one of the favorite releases of 2015. People may not be putting with it, but it is huge for drives and approaches.

Also, thanks for reading. :hfive:

I'll bet you're right. The Colt has definitely gotten more love, even from the jaded dgcr crowd, than most of Innova's recent releases. (VRoc anyone?) I'm loving the reviews you have done so far! Thanks for writing them; you're a great writer. :hfive:

Nice! I'm betting that, when we look back at the end of the year, the Colt will be one of the favorite releases of 2015. People may not be putting with it, but it is huge for drives and approaches.

Also, thanks for reading. :hfive:

It's certainly becoming one of mine - not often a disc breaks into my bag so quickly, and delivers the goods as well.

Here are a few throws with the Colt. Again I don't really know what I am doing as a newb, but I am having a lot of fun with this disc. If I was to give a new player like myself one disc to start, this would be it.

Has anyone used a DX enough yet to see how they fly when a little beat in? I dont bag any understable approach discs and was thinking this may fiil that spot. I really like the DX I got a couple weeks ago and just ordered a second as a backup. Was thinking of accelerating the wear process on one by throwing a few rollers down the street.

Pretty much like a new XD after the first, initial, noticeable loss of HSS.

Will still fade a bit at full power with a hyzer release.

nevermind lol I got one coming anyways...couldn't resist
when you ace with a disc the first time you tee-off with it
you start to obsess lol

got a production XT colt today.
I wish they hadn't retooled it
I prefer the rounded nose to the new square one
because... my hand is not square...what's the thinking behind this re-tool? geez Dave

got a production XT colt today.
I wish they hadn't retooled it
I prefer the rounded nose to the new square one
because... my hand is not square...what's the thinking behind this re-tool? geez Dave

How do you find it flies for you? Does the production XT fly similarly to the proto XT or are they less stable?

here's the problem with answering that....I love the DX so much I never bothered to throw my protostar XTs! lol
also I only just opened the mail call on my lunch break with the new production XT colt so I haven't thrown it yet. going by feel I prefer the prototype because of the rounder nose. I will take the XTs out this weekend and mess around and report back.

What plastic might they run with the Colt that will act/fly similar to the DX version out of the box, but hold up a bit longer?

If they fly the same I'm cool with it. Maybe the squarer nose will take longer to break in.

I'd love me some production run JL Colts. My XT's are holding up nice but something a bit more stable would be cool.

First time here.

Felt a colt today and was very reminiscent of a gateway chief?

First time here.

Felt a colt today and was very reminiscent of a gateway chief?

Or Shaman, I'm actually throwing my Shaman for turning shots and Colt for Straight shots right now. Really the feel is similar. I may check out a Chief also since I'm into these.

Chief. Has that little mini bead. Not sure about the flights.

I didn't hold the colt too long, but I liked it and my mind immediately thought of the chief. I liked the shallow feel.

Threw a Chief (non upgrade) and a Colt today .. very similar in every way, Colt seemed to handle a headwind better, but then the Chief was only a 166, the Colt 171 ...

... actually did a little comparative field work with a 167 XD (DX), a 170 DX Classic Roc, the Chief, Colt and a 171 DX Wedge ... there really isn't much difference in the Chief, Colt, XD and CR ... the Wedge had a few different characteristics ... it will be interesting to compare again once I get some more usage on the DX Colt ... they sure are nice looking though

I'll have to check out a Chief. I'm loving my DX colts but I really like gateways S plastic. Dave M has been really quiet lately, I bet Gateway is up to something.

I'll have to check out a Chief. I'm loving my DX colts but I really like gateways S plastic. Dave M has been really quiet lately, I bet Gateway is up to something.

You must have not seen their MVP style overmolds on facebook?