• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
flx buzzz i just did
picture.php
sale thread

I like it! You weren't planning on the gradient I take it, but what did you do to achieve this?

The rit was getting a bit hot and the disc was sitting in one spot, so it took better in the center where the rit was hottest. Just lucked out, really, but I'd like to find some way to control that.

Finally! Got to work on MY DRONE. You've seen it before color. Now BEHOLD! COLOR! The stars were set individually.

P4251552.jpg

I know... too many stripes. I may fix that with black. Also thinking of doing the outside of the circle. Maybe yellow? Thoughts? Damn, just realized I should have done the outside blue with the other blue. /welp.

Finally! Got to work on MY DRONE. You've seen it before color. Now BEHOLD! COLOR! The stars were set individually.

P4251552.jpg

I know... too many stripes. I may fix that with black. Also thinking of doing the outside of the circle. Maybe yellow? Thoughts? Damn, just realized I should have done the outside blue with the other blue. /welp.

Great job, Great color, The grouping of the stars is a little weird but looks good, Id leave it.

Lucha Libre Echo Star TeeBird

His pants are really blue, color is all screwed up somehow.
This was my first try with the plastic bags. Turned out ok, I think.
disc%20lucha%20libre%202.jpg

I do enjoy it! Gonna be hard to find as a thrower but a sweet dye! What'd you use for the streaking?
I used the edge of the end of a cheap birthday cake candle for the streaks. I originally tried to use melted wax on the smaller streaks on the left side then realized I didn't need to melt it. The rest was a combination of plotting and hand cutting. Rit Black 2 parts to 1 part alcohol hand brushed warm so not to melt the wax. I plan to try again on a Gateway glow in the dark.

I used the edge of the end of a cheap birthday cake candle for the streaks. I originally tried to use melted wax on the smaller streaks on the left side then realized I didn't need to melt it. The rest was a combination of plotting and hand cutting. Rit Black 2 parts to 1 part alcohol hand brushed warm so not to melt the wax. I plan to try again on a Gateway glow in the dark.

Great idea on the candle... obviously a lot of possible applications here, but the first one that jumps at me is making my own signature discs. Do you think you'd be able to write with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.