• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really wish the bubbles came out better, but it looks good for a first try at the bubbles. Anyone know how to get big bubbles? Cause i only had super small ones, like foam. I'm thinking of adding a few drops of soap to get some good bubblege going on
When I did the skull the first time around I'm pretty sure I just used a whisk to get my bubbles. Depending on how you whip the dye mix you will get different sized bubbles. Get a good clump of bubbles in the center and drop the disc in. I usually tend to mix my dyes pretty potent which gives you a quicker set when your dyeing. About 3-4 packets of Rit for 1 gallon of water.
Heres the original Bubbly, and a a fishy fishy fishy fish just for sh!ts and giggles. :)
DSC00585.jpg

I wonder where that fish has gone.
You did love it so. You looked after it like a son.
And it went wherever I did go.
Is it in the cupboard?
Yes! Yes! No!…
Wouldn't you like to know? It was a lovely little fish.
It's behind the sofa!
Where can that fish be?
It is a most elusive fish!
Ooooh, fishy, fishy, fishy fish!
A-fish, a-fish, a-fish, a-fishy, ooooh.
Ooooh, fishy, fishy, fishy fish!
That went wherever I did go.
DSC00584.jpg

corn starch+dish soap will give you bigger bubbles.

a friend was telling me about this technique he used to use in which the dye is captured in oil and then the dye pot is filled from the bottom via a valve with a water and oil mixture and then drained. some of the oil stays on top of the disc, and that it makes for some sick, tightly bordered bubbles once you clean the oil dye off the top. only thing he wasnt really clear about is how to suspend the dye in the oil (or what oil-based dye he was using):doh:

^^^i saw that thread i think, unless you're talking about something off of this site. it looks like a complicated rig, compared to just shaking up my bottle of dye or whisking it vigorously

Z Comet
Hand cut

The blood spatter came out a little lighter than I hoped. I'll probably end up mixing a heavier red and redo those spots.

YOJIMBO!

yojimbocomet.jpg

Another one of my first dyes, Rollings Stones logo on an x-out(NASTY STAMP) Pro Wraith. The background is Dark Blue, for those wondering what color you might get using said agent on Pro plastic. I love this disc, I'm not a huge Wraith guy, but I can sure cut a line through the trees with this, makes a very predictable curve at mid-speed, essential in the wooded courses here in the Carolinas.

picture.php

how'd you do that background, doesn't look like you masked it did you? because it would be hard to cut all that out and make it look like it wasn't all blockish

Dave is correct, its a glue technique. Doesn't damage the disc, comes right off.

you guys get to see it before the owner, *bo-nusss*

**just so people don't PM me again, the disc was clear...i didn't dye "white" or clear, i dyed everything but the letters red and black. so please don't ask me how to dye lighter than the disc is...it's impossible, think about it

Status
Not open for further replies.