• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoPan would you say that's specific for MVP? I've done a clear cryztal Buzzz that didn't seem to take as long. Wish I took notes back then...

I've had the issue with mvp the worst, and prodiscus clear, and a cryztal FLX drone to lesser degrees.

Untitled-1.gif

WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! She's a beauty!

oooohh the spinnning agian!:sick::sick::sick:

Man, there sure have been a lot of new dyers and great dyes in the last few months. I've been around, just mostly lurking, haven't had a lot of time to dye between work and volunteering at tourneys around here.

Eky8, that's an incredible dye, hats off to you sir.

Dan, I noticed that the first run vector took quite a while to take black dips when I dyed one a while back. I had a slight splotch problem, but not much and it evened out as I did shading dips after that. On the positive side, The proton plastic seems to fuzze less than anything else.

Here's a dye I did a while back, planned on filling in color but it's one of my throwers so I never got around too it. Never took a picture when it was fresh, now it's fuzzed so I figure it'll stay black/grey.

Oni Mask on a GL Striker

GL%252520Striker%252520-%252520Oni%252520Mask.jpg

picture.php

Here's the SuperSonic where I had to go to plan B when my Tulip dye experiment wasn't working. I keep going so long between dyes that I'm always rusty, lol. Anyways, I had a hell of a time getting the vinyl on there flat, that thumbtrack gave me fits. Only two little bleeds so, whatev.

I beg to differ that single color dyes do not have pop. this was all done with one color.

picture.php

On the other hand I'm in the middle of a 5+ dye so, you get your wish.

Just been moving slow lately, as they're just for wall hangers, not al ot of commissions recently, and my entire bag is dyed...

...I do need to get one done for the disc pass though so maybe I'll try to step it up a bunch for that one too.

Hubbadahubbadahubbadahubbadahubbadahubbadahubbada :eek: How much you want for this thing?

Hubbadahubbadahubbadahubbadahubbadahubbadahubbada :eek: How much you want for this thing?

Honestly there is no way I'd consider selling it, that disc was a labor of love. 3 weeks I think it was just of cutting, just the shade dips ended up taking two hours. I spent a lot of time debating if I would throw it or not, but honestly I couldn't carry a bag without it now, and it's great to have on me to show to potential clients on the course. One of my buddies pitches a fit every time I throw it though :doh:

Honestly there is no way I'd consider selling it, that disc was a labor of love. 3 weeks I think it was just of cutting, just the shade dips ended up taking two hours. I spent a lot of time debating if I would throw it or not, but honestly I couldn't carry a bag without it now, and it's great to have on me to show to potential clients on the course. One of my buddies pitches a fit every time I throw it though :doh:

I remember seeing this one a while back, the shading around the rim area really makes it pop, it's a great piece before that but that little touch sets it off. Really nice dye.

This is nothing spectacular; maybe a lil bit crazy. I dyed everything in my bag black. These are my first runs with disc dying and think they turned out really well. Everything is black except for a particular crystal challenger specially dyed scarlett by a one Mr. Bennett.
0827111028.jpg

0827111027.jpg

during a glo round.

Brother Dave it doesn't seem like your dyeing skills are too rusty, only your posting skills ;). Bigger image please.

I don't get how college sports and the Yin and Yang fit together. Maybe your demonstrating the dark and light side of sports, the kids having fun playing the game, the gamblers ruining lives...

Ahhh I'm just in a s****y mood tonite. Anybody try to dye one of the new clear Ions yet.

had that guy in black for 1hr 45min at ~135 degrees :gross: Also found out this morning that MVP is no longer making opaque Ions, at least for the time being but probably forever!

Thanks for ruining my day Dan. I just got my clear Ion in the mail yesterday and was planning on trying a more elaborate multi-color dye. Now I don't know if I want to go to the effort based on your results. I may just add some marbling and call it a day.

I LOVE throwing the dyes! All the love that went into them MUST have made them better flyers!
I also like being a little different on the teepad -- dyes of Ferrari F1, Red Bull, a couple of my alma mater(BAMA), cool patterns, at least four diff't bands -- it's the only way to customize a disc and still throw it legally; why not stand out a little bit from the standard boring factory stamps?:gross:

Doesn't take but a hole or two in a tourney before someone asks "what's that on your discs?" or "did you dye ALL of those?" I've met a few people from this site that have known me only from the dyes in this thread. Both are really cool feelings, and usually breaks the ice of an unfamiliar tourney foresome, and frequently leads to good commissions and new friends. :hfive:

I would like for all my dyes to be in the air -- but some people want wall hangers. I understand that too. I have a modest 40 hanging on the wall...
I dyed TheOtherBill his b-day Kansas Coyote
5994665445_4e227aa5de_t.jpg
, under the condition that he actually throw it -- now he can't take it out of his bag, already has good juju:

No doubt in my mind,

DYED DISCS FLY BETTER.

This is nothing spectacular; maybe a lil bit crazy. I dyed everything in my bag black. These are my first runs with disc dying and think they turned out really well. Everything is black except for a particular crystal challenger specially dyed scarlett by a one Mr. Bennett.
0827111028.jpg

0827111027.jpg

I like it, a nice, uniform bag. And if you do lose one, would be easy to dye the replacement :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts