• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did this one for an author (Patrick Rothruss). Basically, you mail him his book (he only has one at this point) and a gift of some kind, he signs the book and mails it back to you. So I made him a dye of the main charactor an told him to go out and play. Imagine my suprise when he sent me back a picture of the disc hanging on his wall in the cabin he uses to write! I was very pleased. It wasn't my best work, but it was one of my favorites.

BTW, his book, The Name of the Wind, is really good and his blog is freaking hilarious (one of his latest posts is about lesbian unicorns). If you are a dork/nerd like me you should check him out.

picture.php

Last edited:
Dave -- all of your dyes are turning out FANTASTIC. Love your style and attention to detail.

not too fancy, but i did this one for somebody today. tried a new orange color...turned out cool. i had to use tangerine and sunshine orange to get the Tennessee Vol's orange
IMG00241-20100803-1403.jpg

Rolled out a few last night. Kinda boring single color but I like the images. I may still add some color to the DJ disc.

071b1893.jpg

c83792ba.jpg

ed94ab65.jpg

I disagree about them being boring, those are awesome! Though if you wanted to spice up that spartan you could add some blood to the spear and sheild.

Thanks guys. I only say boring because I like to do multi colors. I am going to be turing out a few textured discs here soon. I'm just trying to perfect my technique.

Sweet stuff dave & phil! That skull is awesome!
Nice round! I think hippie is up next, great job everybody!:clap:
I know I have been slacking lately, work and family keep me pretty busy at times. :(
Got some dye heating up on the stove right now. Should have some pics up tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.