• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The First Disc You Owned?

Disc golf: DX Leopard. Got an Aerobie at the same time and didn't have a course around me, so the Leo was quickly forgotten 'cause the Aerobie was so much damn fun. I've since lost it while practicing forehand throws.

Overall: I probably got my first lid when I was like two, three or something like that. No way I'd remember.

My first was a Elite X Predator (don't know the weight).
I didn't know almost anything about this great sport and now when I think about predator as the first driver... Maybe not the best choise. I still have it and it's pretty beaten and I don't throw it much anymore. Sweet memories :D

first discs i bought was a dx eagle and a birdie and then i lost the eagle about 2 months of beating it and it would flip at the lake at the IDGC on hole 13 on the steady ed course and ended up giving the birdie away cause i switched to aviars for putting

Think it was a Lightning F-15 becuase of Big Creek and those floated. But might have been a Moray or Classic Cobra though. A Classic Cobra and a Piranha are the only discs that remain from those days as they sit in storage.

In 2005 my friends started playing disc golf. I couldn't go for a couple weeks because of school and a kidney stone, but they always came back to the dorms pumped about playing. I finally went and borrowed a Millennium JLS and I found I could throw it pretty far but didn't pay much attention. After one round I was hooked and went to our local party store/pro shop and bought the Innova Champion Beast (mainly because of the name) and the Discraft Magnet (because my friend told me it was good). I learned to play with these two discs. For my first year I used these two discs exclusively and swore two discs is all I would ever need. Then I threw a Wraith and had to have that. Been buying plastic ever since.

z buzzz, ended up trading it to a buzzz throwing buddy when I switched to Rocs.

First Run Buzzz GT and a Fly Dye Champion Orc. Still have the Buzzz GT, used to love that disc..

Pro-D Cyclone. Eventually ended up so beat that I threw it forehand and it tailed off hyzer right into the middle of a river. Can't really remember it.

champ monster - i had no idea what i was buying. still have i today and still can't thrown it very well. went back a couple days after buying it and got an XS. used it for a long time until i threw it in a pond and couldn't find it.

Z Buzzz - love that disc and still use it today.

Polecat - used it for a while until i switched to a magnet.

DPJ88 said:
My very first disc was a DX stingray. Still have it, but my dog seems to have put a number of teeth marks in it.

To elaborate. I got this disc when I was in cub scouts and they exposed us to disc golf. We each received 1 disc, and played 1 round. That was when I was in about 4th grade I would imagine, so 98-99.

Then when I was a junior in high school, 05-06, I dug out my Stingray, found my brother's Banshee and #2 flyer and hit the course.

Lost the banshee, still have the #2 and Stingray.

At any rate, the first disc I purchased was a Z Reaper (I didn't know enough about the sport to realize how bad of a starter disc this was) I pretty much bought it because it had a sick fly-dye.

I then got a soft challenger and a Z Xpress. Followed by a Z buzzz. The Xpress, Buzzz, and Challenger because my work horses.

My Z reaper eventually got so thrashed that it flew dead straight and I fell back in love with it.

I eventually lost that Reaper and I wish I still had it to put up on the wall as my first DG purchase...

the Soft Challenger is my friend's main putter to this day, since I gave it to him.

The Z Xpress was stolen from me, but I still have Xpresses in the bag. Z Xpresses are great discs.

I bought a dx aviar (still in the bag, never leaving), a QMS(loved it till i got a roc, now it sits in my room), a 150g dx cheetah(really learned to play disc golf with this one, now i loan it to people im introducing to the game), heavy Z avenger(absolutely hated this thing for the longest time, but its in the bag, not used much)

i got a call from one of my buddies who was at air traffic asking if i want to go frolfing. after he explained what that was i told him to pick me up a disc and i would meet him at starring lake park.he brought me a yellow dx puma and the rest is history.

Joe Reynolds said:
i got a call from one of my buddies who was at air traffic asking if i want to go frolfing. after he explained what that was i told him to pick me up a disc and i would meet him at starring lake park.he brought me a yellow dx puma and the rest is history.

Air Traffic? Staring Lake?

Another MN disc golfer I see.

Air Traffic has a pretty great selection.

150 class Champion Edition Leopard. It was right when they switched to the new Champion plastic (the clearer stuff), but hadn't yet changed the name from CE to just Champion.

174 Champion Aviar, still used it for just about all utility shots today.

170's Champion Shark, pretty much retired for my Roc.

DX Stingray. My dad took me out to play once like 10 years ago at Zilker Park here in Austin. didnt play again until 2-3 years ago when I lived near Circle C. no clue what happened to that stingray and i only remember the disc because of the stamp.

I guess the first discs I ever bought for myself were a Pro Line Aviar, Pro Shark, and Pro Valk. The aviar was traded off to a friend and the others were sold back to PIAS for credit.