• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

I'm absolutely in love with the PD. So glad I decided to give it another chance. I think I'll be even more happy when I get one of my pPDs beat in. It hasn't been windy enough to get any on the course throws with the sPDs, but what I've seen them do in the field, I'm happy with.

There's something about the rim on the cPD with the plus mold on it that doesn't affect my grip or release. I was super skeptical about it and seriously thinking about just putting a beat predator back in my bag for the slot that it occupies, but I think I'll give it more time. It seems to penetrate forward in it's fade a lot more than the predator does.

JR said:
TDK a P PD would overlap with a trashed Pred but not a new one. In fact i'm not so sure that the P PD would overlap with any of your discs to be a problem. I'd try one and give it 4-6 months to break in to see how it suits you and then decide if it is valuable mold for you.

Now that I think about it I think i was still throwing an X Pred and XL combo instead of the cyclones. I think that it would definatley overlap my trashed pred but they would quickly turn into a good turning disc, when the pred never will.
How do beat P PD's roll?

Rolling ain't the best option around here so i've only thrown it on artificial turf with too much rubber pieces so it is a crap shoot what happens at landing. To me it looks to roll like any other driver so the stability of the disc dictates the curve. P PDs broken in far enough aren't too difficult to roll at power but anny release and back arching with plant step landing to the left of the running direction are needed to roll it consistenly.

I'm not a huge roller either, but I don't think the PPD (or any PD) is a great roller. The nose is very sharp which makes it unforgiving and the top has more mass than the bottom, so it doesn't balance well. The flat, stiff PPDs probaly work best.

discspeed said:
I'm not a huge roller either, but I don't think the PPD (or any PD) is a great roller. The nose is very sharp which makes it unforgiving and the top has more mass than the bottom, so it doesn't balance well. The flat, stiff PPDs probaly work best.
At least my CFR C-PDs are astonishing rollers, though admittedly I mainly throw finger rollers with them.

Did I get a freak PD or are they really supposed to be Force overstable? Or does it get dialed in straight after it's beat up a little bit?

A C PD if t is like CFR ones and possibly plus mold might be like that. In other words flight wise a totally different disc to S and P PDs.

Sounds like a freak, unless it's a flatter C-PD. If it's S-Line then yeah, it's a freaky Freak, but it should beat in beautifully.

Take that with a grain of salt, since I haven't actually ever thrown a Force, just heard other people describe it. The PD is an overstable disc when new, no doubt about that.

Man...shit, I got a spankin new SPD the other day because my stable one had finally beaten to pretty damn straight, evidently I should have inspected it a bit better before purchase, it seems to have a mild + rim and is fairly neutral out of the box...fucking lame :( I'm REALLY sick of innova changing all the molds I throw with no notice and with seemingly no reason. I saw a pd with a fucking vulcan top the other day too, what is the world coming to?

the last batch of s pds (upper 160s) i snagged from the factory store seemed to have a mildly slanted rim.

Jesse B 707 said:
Man...shit, I got a spankin new SPD the other day because my stable one had finally beaten to pretty damn straight, evidently I should have inspected it a bit better before purchase, it seems to have a mild + rim and is fairly neutral out of the box...fucking lame :( I'm REALLY sick of innova changing all the molds I throw with no notice and with seemingly no reason. I saw a pd with a fucking vulcan top the other day too, what is the world coming to?

The vulcan top is the test configuration. Ive seen theyve been popping up at places like DGC

I'm down to only throwing my yellow champystar SPDs. I've got one nicely seasoned one that is super workable and a new one in my bag and a good number of backups. I'm hoping the Volt will give the PD a run for that slot in my bag, but that's a big if at this point. I too am tired of Innova's BS...Both in their mess-ups and their attitude.

Discspeed, send me some more yellows. Please. I have the one you sent me a while back in the bag, and it's become my #1 driver.

Jesse B 707 said:

Shit somebody earned a cock punch with that top grr :evil:

this may be a silly question, but people seem to speak highly of the mythical champystar pds. were these freak stamped or shield stamped, or a little of both?

Latest posts