• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

I lost my beloved C PD yesterday. Can anyone help me with a replacement? Mine was one of the more HSS beefcakes and I'd like find one similar. Are there colors that are more overstable? I've thrown a yellow that was flippy, so that's out.

Mine was a super sexy clear with Will Schusterick 2010 USDGC champion limited edition stamp. But I seriously doubt I'll find one like that.

If anyone on here has one that they'd part with...

The ones that are more overstable are the CFR 1st Runs. They are very flat and have the patent number on the back. I would ask Mark at Disc Golf Values if he can scrounge some up for you.

Man I love my PD's. All flavours. My CFR is so money, I love it so much. My thrower is the Zam dragon stamp and I have a bunch of Big D stamped ones as well as a couple DGR ones, but I'd fuckin love to get my hands on another Zam stamped one.

The new 3rd run C PD with the Non Plus rim are bad ass! Enough said. And they come in pearly champ. They fly like a beat in CFR but with glide

Sounds lucrative...Are said pearly C-PDs (non+) just the innova factory 2nds? Anyone have any of the 3rd run C-PDs with the stock stamp?

Joz said:
Sounds lucrative...Are said pearly C-PDs (non+) just the innova factory 2nds? Anyone have any of the 3rd run C-PDs with the stock stamp?

The first two I received have the production stamp and are pearly. According to the chap I was chatting with at the factory store, the 3rd/latest run is mostly all pearly

disc junkie said:
Joz said:

The first two I received have the production stamp and are pearly. According to the chap I was chatting with at the factory store, the 3rd/latest run is mostly all pearly

Wait, when you say 'production stamp' you mean the c-line discmania stamp? Hmm...

My search has been unsuccessful so far. I just emailed mark at discgolfvalues, waiting for a response.

Does anyone know where I can find a 175 CFR PD?

I lost my favorite, and I tried production + mold and new non + mold. No dice. The non + mold is close, but it's a more worn in version of the CFR. Less HSS.

Please Help!! There's a hole in my bag..

u wont find them online or at dgv. they cant make them anymore . jussi took the rest that were made back when he was here during the memorial. dgv had taiwan stamped merlots but those were the leftovers which are gone now.

Booter said:
u wont find them online or at dgv. they cant make them anymore . jussi took the rest that were made back when he was here during the memorial. dgv had taiwan stamped merlots but those were the leftovers which are gone now.
:cry:

At least I'm sitting on a good size stack of them. The CFR's are one of the best kinds of PD's there are.

I just had to have a Russian Disc Golf Championships stamped 3rd run C-PD, although I should have known it might be too stable to be very useful. Yep, almost 1st run C-line stable. At least Ill have a backup if I ever lose that C-PD I now use for OS shots.

Presumably the 3rd run is money if you have a slightly bigger arm to huk it.

20120806_123101.jpg

got these bad boys in today. all pearly,stiff, mild dome and non plus!

Very slowly starting to consider putting PDs in my bag. I briefly threw them when they first came out but the rim didn't agree with my grip. Now that my grip has changed a bit, and my game has developed even more, I probably should give them another chance.

I'm thinking they will pair with Jackals better than teebirds do, and I want something that is a distance/control tweener driver until I build myself back up to big boy distance discs - if I ever get there.

What should I look for in PDs? I remember the flat PPDs were fairly flippy, are the domes more consistent now? And for CPDs, they don't make them all +mold do they? I don't like that configuration, so I would probably bypass and put a 'flippy' predator back in the bag for that spot. SPDs are talked about to be the most consistent out of the bunch, what are good shapes to look for in terms of dome with those?