• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

jubuttib said:
Need to rifle through a stack of P-PDs one of these days, hunting for the flexy ones instead of the stiff ones. Those always seemed to hold up a lot better, and fly amazingly well.
Agreed. I'm not a fan of the stiffer P Lines.

JR said:
The first run of flexy p pds i saw i bought was meh. Hit a fence early on in winter and sliced the disc bad. It was more lss than flatter hard dgr p pds.

There's got to be a happy medium between stiff and rubbery Pro...bought an early run Pro Archon and it was flimsy as hell, it would warp just holding it in your hand. I never saw Pro like that before and never want to again! I'll choose firm over flimsy every time...and not just concerning discs, heh, heh.

The 2 P-PD's I have are right in the middle of what you guys are talking about. It's a little stiff but also a little pliable. Feels great in the hand. I use Orange ones too. Not sure if color could make a difference in how it feels.

That sounds about right for Pro or P-line, firm but pliable. Oh, and it was an Astra that was junk in Millennium's Pro version, not the Archon. My bad...

BentElbow11 said:
That sounds about right for Pro or P-line, firm but pliable. Oh, and it was an Astra that was junk in Millennium's Pro version, not the Archon. My bad...

Sweet And good to know about the Astra. :thumbup:

UncleBrother2001 said:
The 2 P-PD's I have are right in the middle of what you guys are talking about. It's a little stiff but also a little pliable. Feels great in the hand. I use Orange ones too. Not sure if color could make a difference in how it feels.
These are how my P's feel as well. Pinks, Oranges and a Blue. My beat pink PPD is probably my favorite disc ever. That thing is sneeeeaky long and easy to control.

Got all my PD's together last night for a group shot.
photo1_zpscfe94ad1.jpg

Somehow missed one of my favorites for the shot though:
photo2_zpscb9482f4.jpg

Actually I should have said "hard" instead of "stiff" in the previous posts. My flexy P-PDs are indeed quite stiff, but they're not "hard". I've tried the softer flexy ones as well and those are pretty much the only PDs I'd call "bad". That blend of P is really weird though, even the PD2 came out all crappy in that (whereas my stiff P-PD2 rivaled my CFR C-PD2s).

God damn PD's are impossible for me to resist. Got this beauty the other day and have a couple fundraiser King G-Lines on the way now too to add to the family.

photo1_zps7fd33a34.jpg

photo2_zpsb4c9b2a9.jpg

I just ordered a couple new pds as well. The silver EO in Max weight and a max yellow jolly launcher. Hopefully the G is a bit flippier than my first run freak stamp stars but still has the hard hook. Also I miss my cfr PD. Hopefully jolly launcher is close.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

JTdisc said:
UncleBrother2001 said:
dude that is nice man. How does that plastic feel?

And how does it fly?

Plastic feels great, very grippy. Threw it a bit yesterday and it flies great, Need to get out in a field for some more side by sides with my other PD's but so far I'd say it glides almost as well as my beat P PD and flies similar to my beat ChampyStar S PD with maybe a touch more LSS. We'll see how it holds up to some use but so far I'm smitten.

what'shisname said:
JTdisc said:
UncleBrother2001 said:
dude that is nice man. How does that plastic feel?

And how does it fly?

Plastic feels great, very grippy. Threw it a bit yesterday and it flies great, Need to get out in a field for some more side by sides with my other PD's but so far I'd say it glides almost as well as my beat P PD and flies similar to my beat ChampyStar S PD with maybe a touch more LSS. We'll see how it holds up to some use but so far I'm smitten.

Ok I'm sold. :lol:

So...

it flies like those softer flexy pink DGR P PDs out of the box...

...I'll be buying 10 thank you.

Got my g-pd and jolly launcher pd in the mail today. Preliminary reports indicate the jolly launcher isn't even close to a cfr pd. The g line European Masters disc has great grip, good fade and flies a lot like my 171 first run freak s-line. Maybe a touch of turn. I really want to bag the G but its so darn pretty.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Latest posts