• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

If it works out my bag will be set up like this:

Distance Driver: Trespass
Stable Control Driver: PD
Moderately Overstable: PD
Understable: Leopard
Overstable: Predator (I might replace it with a OS PD)
Stable Mid: Aftershock
Understable Mid: Comet
Putter: Pure

I should be able to cover most my lines with this setup.

Oh yeah, another thing why I enjoy the Trespass. Although the rim is wider than PD, its not too wide (speed 13 i cannot grip too well because of that), and it is a quite shallow rim. I can get a comfortable tight grip on it. 171g pink Lucid is where its at. (168g Biofuzion also bombs when hit right, but is has more danger of turning too much)

edit. sorry about preaching another disc in the church of the holy redeemer of the latter days of power driver freak! :oops:

maskedavenger said:
edit. sorry about preaching another disc in the church of the holy redeemer of the latter days of power driver freak! :oops:
Eh, it's a complementing disc, not a replacement. =)

PD tends to have more angular/abrupt turns and fades, whereas the TD is a smoother turning flyer. Pd will likely fight back more than the TD at the end of it's flight as well.

Why they flip like hell very quikly very angularly unlike stiff s tds. S tds vary from straight to slightly softly and slowly turning. I imagine the majority is straight.

JR said:
Why they flip like hell very quikly very angularly unlike stiff s tds. S tds vary from straight to slightly softly and slowly turning. I imagine the majority is straight.

Good to know. My shop had some softer C TD's with low PLH, so I avoided those. I picked up a pink gummy non-plus x-out C TD with minimal dome and moderate PLH. It may be just what I'm looking for to compliment straight PD's.

I've been reading a bunch of this thread and I'm going to be sticking the PD's back in the bag again.

I've been using my worn in Predators for this slot,but me thinks the PD's and Predators can get along again.

Thanks Timko for getting me to want to throw these again and to the other people who posted of course. :D

yay the gospel is back! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ps. in the interest of making a relevant post, I just saw my old posts above about the Trespass. UPDATE: the autidions are over, Trespass is not in the bag. Despite of what I wrote there about a comfortable grip, I did experience too frequent early slips and that is the main reason I was not able to trust them enough. PDs are still the main driver, I only have a P-PD2 (beat but quite stable, long), S-DD (overstable, long wind disc) and ES-DD2 (max D) faster/longer than the PD in the bag.

Truth, especially on the internet, is relative. I can tell you in my experience/recollection the OLF and PD feel very similar in the hand, and the OLF has slightly more turn. So, for example, if you think a C-PD is slightly too beefy but want Champion plastic, try a QOLF. If, on the other hand, you like the flight of QOLF but prefer Star plastic, try a (non +) S-PD.

Oh wait, now I'm remembering there are different run numbers of OLFs and I can't remember which one I tried before selling them off and sticking with my PDs.

I am so glad I put these back in the bag.

I have been nailing some consistent 380ft+ drives with them and the good thing is i don't have to worry about them turning over one me. Just straight for a long ways then you have that great fade.

I've gotten 4 birdies in a row on this one 400ft hole that I may birdie once every 5 or 6 times. I love it man.

And some people dislike the Freak Stamp,well it is my favorite stamp :D

Stringbean said:
Does anybody know if it's true that the QOLF and the PD both use a Firebird bottom?
It is quite true, both use the FB wing with different tops, along with some asserted tweaks to the process. Not quite as simple as just picking a top and a bottom, there are other things they've fiddled with as well, at least on the PD (heard directly from Jussi in the parking lot of a DG course).

jubuttib said:
Stringbean said:
Does anybody know if it's true that the QOLF and the PD both use a Firebird bottom?
It is quite true, both use the FB wing with different tops, along with some asserted tweaks to the process. Not quite as simple as just picking a top and a bottom, there are other things they've fiddled with as well, at least on the PD (heard directly from Jussi in the parking lot of a DG course).

Have you thrown both the QOLF and C-PD? And if so, how do they compare? My guess would be they're nearly interchangeable. FWIW, I've thrown many QOLF's but not the C-PD.

I have thrown both (1.2 QOLF and plus mold C-PD) I would say the C-PD is slightly shorter and slightly more overstable. The QOLF is probably half-way between a C-PD and an S-PD.