• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

Pd is shorter than the Beast will that be an issue? Beasts have been pretty consistent since 2009 PDs haven't. But maybe.

shorter by a trivial amount or a significant one? i'm not too concerned about distance, just looking for a little more simplicity in the meat and potatoes of my bag. if i can make a bunch of pd's do the same thing as a bunch of pds and a bunch of beasts, then why bother looking for two molds?

Will an SFD and a PPD essentially do the same thing and therefore would it be redundant to carry both?

Secondly, I've been considering buying a cpd but I have 2 old school pearly champystar orcs that are a good deal more overstable than my SPD.
They seem to fade earlier and drop out of the air rather than glide through their fade for more distance. Should I expect the CPD to be similar, or does it have some more glide to it?

what'shisname said:
limonsock said:
Will an SFD and a PPD essentially do the same thing and therefore would it be redundant to carry both?
I carry both and they fill very different rolls for me.

For new discs yes but a broken in P PD would be closer. I dunno about those kind of Orcs but C PDs are harder fading than S-Line PDs.

JR said:
what'shisname said:
limonsock said:
I carry both and they fill very different rolls for me.

For new discs yes but a broken in P PD would be closer. I dunno about those kind of Orcs but C PDs are harder fading than S-Line PDs.

My beat SFD has much less HSS and more LSS than my beat PPD.

I just ordered some of the S-Line and P-Line PD's to go with the rest of my bag.

My buddy said this is the best thing to happen to my bag. :D

I'm very interested in these discs but my heads blowing up trying to get through all these pages.

Are these still worth picking up or is the mold changed too much?

What's the preferable plastic? I was thinking s line but no idea if it's any better than the c line.

C-Line is over stable and not a lot of glide.

S-Line is pretty straight with good glide. (longer Teebird?)

P-Line is more of an S curve out of the box with great glide. (longer Eagle?)

I bought a P-PD over the winter and am loving it. I would say they are definitely worth picking up.

Premium EX's don't turn out of the box...at least in my experience...or at least as much as P PD's.

Some C Lines have as much dome as S Lines, and some have more, so glide is all over the place. The good CFR's are the only true flat, glideless C Lines.

It would also help to know how far you throw, and what you want the disc to do that your current discs don't do. PD's are great for so many people, but not for all.

Stringbean said:
C-Line is over stable and not a lot of glide.

S-Line is pretty straight with good glide. (longer Teebird?)

P-Line is more of an S curve out of the box with great glide. (longer Eagle?)

I bought a P-PD over the winter and am loving it. I would say they are definitely worth picking up.
Third run C-Lines start off with a bit of turn and a nice fade, very Eagle-like in flight, highly workable.

In any case, the PD is still as great as ever. It's molded by Innova so it's not nor has it ever been a particularly consistent mold, but I haven't found a single one I didn't like. I could easily fill pretty much all of my driver slots with PDs, and in the past I have done just that.

sunspot said:
What is a good max distance driver that complements the PD?
In what way do you want it to complement the PD? For me almost any warp speed driver complements the PD in that they're faster and longer. Do you want the disc to fly on a similar line to the PD but longer, or do something significantly different to the PD?

Anyway, personally I prefer the LEGENDa for all out max D but I have to factor in the turn of the disc, and for situations where I can't really trust that one (gusty winds for example) or don't want the lateral movement I tend to go with the Sword.

A good choice, and one I immediately thought about. Seems to work nicely for Turso, not too understable nor overstable.