• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

Thanks for the info! The QOLF's I've thrown are 1.2's and 1.3's. The 1.3's are sparkles, which are faster and have slightly less glide. But you can throw them full power on a rope, with only a late hook at the end. I don't know what makes the sparkles faster, because they look identical(nose, minimal dome), but those babies get out there real fast and are sneaky long if you get enough air under them.

I have thrown a single QOLF and a couple dozen C-PDs, from pretty much all runs. Unfortunately I can't really comment on QOLF thing because the one I have is a flippy milky white one. Very noticeable turn right from the start and no real resistance to wind. My gummy P-PDs have been more overstable.

Your milky white QOLF sounds like a 1.1, which are known to be less stable than all later runs of the QOLF. The 1.2's and sparkle 1.3's I have will not flip over into a headwind, even a strong one...assuming the correct release.

BentElbow11 said:
Your milky white QOLF sounds like a 1.1, which are known to be less stable than all later runs of the QOLF. The 1.2's and sparkle 1.3's I have will not flip over into a headwind, even a strong one...assuming the correct release.

That's been my experience as well.

QOLF is a great disc. I have yet to try a PD, mainly because I wouldn't bother with their P-line version, and I don't like S-line/Star plastic. That leaves the C-PD, and I don't see the need since I like my QOLF's and champ Orcs just fine.

Came close to getting an ace on a 400ft hole with my P-PD today. Went straight as an arrow then started to fade then hit the ground skipped and hit bottom of the basket. I pooped a little :lol:

That would have been my longest ace.

Friend has a couple MOLF's that fly like PMantle's "way understable" Renegades. :wink:

JR said:
M in Orions breaks in fast being the opposite of s and q.

These MOLF's were like that new...they fly more like a Sidewinder. Both have a very flat top, which may explain it.

BentElbow11 said:
Friend has a couple MOLF's that fly like PMantle's "way understable" Renegades. :wink:
Iconbanana1.gif

Yay!

Take it easy big boy.

Waiting for you to claim your Giant flies more understable than your Terns.

"I would never even try to throw a Giant..."

Well, that explains a lot right there.

What it explains is that you're saying you don't have the arm to even try to throw a Giant, but the Sorcerer is too understable for you. Screwy.

The Tern flies like a Destroyer for you, the understable Inertia is stable for you even in high winds, but the Renegade is more than -3 understable, and like a Roadrunner for you?...it's all backwards.

Hint: The Tern will fly much more stable at < 300' distance.

Need to rifle through a stack of P-PDs one of these days, hunting for the flexy ones instead of the stiff ones. Those always seemed to hold up a lot better, and fly amazingly well.

The first run of flexy p pds i saw i bought was meh. Hit a fence early on in winter and sliced the disc bad. It was more lss than flatter hard dgr p pds.