• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

The first runs S are a little beefier, or so I was told by Mark at DGV (when compared between the 2 runs of S). The Pro are still plenty stable to be thrown into wind, but are more receptive to the angle you throw it on. I have a slightly broken in 172 that I can throw on a slightly torque anhyzer which yields a shallow track to the right, sort of like what a Stalker would fly like. More anhyzer = more movement to the right. Whatever it does, it does it slowly (if you don't torque the shit out of it). It excels at the straight power shot. I would rate the LSS closer to 3 than 4.

I just ordered 1 S PD (non Freak), and 2 P PDs all 173-175 to check these out. I'm hoping I can kill 2-3 molds with this one (EX, Valk, Viking). I'm hoping the S will be my stable long hyzer disc for wind and in the open and the P's will break in to be long and straight control drivers like a Valk or a Viking, eventually getting a bit flippy. They should compliment my Stalkers quite well being faster, longer, and more stable/wind resistent. I've liked every disc I've ever thrown with that type of bevel on the bottom wing, so I'm fairly optimistic.

discspeed said:
I just ordered 1 S PD (non Freak), and 2 P PDs all 173-175 to check these out. I'm hoping I can kill 2-3 molds with this one (EX, Valk, Viking). I'm hoping the S will be my stable long hyzer disc for wind and in the open and the P's will break in to be long and straight control drivers like a Valk or a Viking, eventually getting a bit flippy. They should compliment my Stalkers quite well being faster, longer, and more stable/wind resistent. I've liked every disc I've ever thrown with that type of bevel on the bottom wing, so I'm fairly optimistic.

Welcome to the converted. ;)

BTW,the 1st runs are that stiffer Star. I was told that the 2nd run S was a bit softer.

So if a PD is comparable to a speed 9 teebird, would it be comparable to a TL? I know a TL is less stable than a teebird, but I figured Id ask. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what the PD really is.

tigel said:
So if a PD is comparable to a speed 9 teebird, would it be comparable to a TL? I know a TL is less stable than a teebird, but I figured Id ask. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what the PD really is.

It's my understanding that the PD is actually a little more overstable than a Teebird rather than less like a TL...A speed 9 TL would be a Striker or a CD.

Ugh.. yep i think I'd enjoy a PD then. *adds PD to the list*

The CD is a nice disc and all, but I have no idea why Innova didn't release the PD themselves. Probably too much overlap with the Orc or Starfire.

How long do your DGV orders usually take to get to you? I ordered mine at like 7:00 this morning.

I didnt notice the PD on Blakes flight chart. Could you estimate the power requirement to get the correct flight out of this disc. For me I have found that if I stay with in a certain range on the power side I get the best results.

Waiting for PDs to come in the mail is torture!!!! :twisted: I need instant gratification dammit! On a related note, does anyone here know Toad McReynolds? He's a Discmania sponsered pro that I played with in a tournament last summer...I think he's from Georgia. I need to look him up because he said if I ever wanted to try some of their stuff he could get it cheap.

discspeed said:
Waiting for PDs to come in the mail is torture!!!! :twisted: I need instant gratification dammit! On a related note, does anyone here know Toad McReynolds? He's a Discmania sponsered pro that I played with in a tournament last summer...I think he's from Georgia. I need to look him up because he said if I ever wanted to try some of their stuff he could get it cheap.

Uggghh...I just got an email that it was shipped today after I ordered it at 7:00am Friday. Oh well, at least I know its on its way.

My dad ordered me some discs on Friday as well and they just shipped today. Its odd. They usually go out the same day if they get ordered early

dgdave said:
My dad ordered me some discs on Friday as well and they just shipped today. Its odd. They usually go out the same day if they get ordered early
Same here

Both times I've ordered from DGV it has been at least two days (business days even) after my order before it's shipped. That's the one drawback with ordering from there.

I just tracked my order and saw this:
Processed through Sort Facility, December 17, 2009, 4:06 am, TAMPA, FL 33605
I'm pretty sure this means I'll be getting my PDs today! :D