• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

I just got a Proto from Vegan Ray. I think dgdave said that the top of the proto resembles a Gateway Blurr, while the production model has a Spirit like top. Totally agree now that I've seen one. In fact, it looks more like the CD top.

The plastic on these feels incredible; I wish they had used it on on the 1st runs.

I'm not big on Orange discs. I have 2 proto S 8/10 and 1 P 9+/10 all orange. Do any of you guys want to trade 2 S and a P non oranges for my oranges?

Using Innova's number system, what would you rate a new PD as? And what disc would it most closely resemble that is currently in the Innova line-up?

Had a 175 S proto from a trade, and got a 175 and 172 P earlier this week. Finally got a chance to get 'em out yesterday for a couple rounds, and took 'em out again this morning for a quick one. I took out the Orcs and Teebirds, and put a couple heavy champ Leopards in to fill the gap between the PD's and Rocs.

They're not even really broken in yet, but ya know how that music plays every time Capt. Kirk gets hot for space-tail? And the lens gets all blurry? I have those kinds of feelings when I throw these. The plastic's awesome, the rim feels just right, and the flight's beautiful. I liked the "oh wow" kinda flights I got out of 'em when I was firing into the open, but I was really impressed with how nicely they powered down, and I love how they handle low lines. Can't wait to see how they wear in.

Yup. That's about right. I wish there would be some Champ PDs. I just asked Dave D if Echo PDs were a possibility

I sent discmania an email earlier this year asking for Champ PD's, and they said it's not happening. Well we can always dream, right?

PD for sure.

I'm loving my beat Pro PD more with every throw. Today I parked one of the hardest holes on our course with it. It's a 370ish' hole, slight uphill then downhill finish, over OB the entire way. I threw a left to right hyzer flip to anny; flattened and panned right at the end. The guy spotting flipped me the bird, so I knew it was a good shot before I even saw it. :lol:

not sure if it has been asked or explained but..why can you not get a D or DX PD? I started throwing my DX Teebirds again this weekend and I think I like the feel of them better than the pro plastic on my PDs

I would say the PD is better at "locking into" a line than the OLF. If the OLF is a faster Eagle, then the PD is a faster Teebird.