• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

My first run MOLF gets 10% more D than my second run SOLF, but is a bit fragile in wind. The 1.2 SOLF is much more stable and reliable in where it goes, just shorter for me.

PD = best of both, tons of D and all the beef I need short of a Predator

A teebird-x is a good description of the PD. It seems to have that versatility that the teebird is known for, and the p-line plastic is really nice. I hope innova can use the same plastic for their pro line, specifically for the orc.

Furthur said:
I would say the PD is better at "locking into" a line than the OLF. If the OLF is a faster Eagle, then the PD is a faster Teebird.

I got an Christmas S PD at PIAS yesterday after reading these last few posts. (I also got an ESP Comet - I'm starting to feel like a easy sell).

We'll see how the PD compares with my QOLFs for that slot in the bag. I'd like to try out the P PD, too.

errr at the risk of a thread jack...
Why is the PD like a faster Teebird? Isn't it more stable? Wouldn't the DD be more like a faster Teebird?

and yeah sure I'll go looking for the DD Lovers thread :wink:

A PD is a speed 9 Teebird. Some may say 9.5. But a PD exhibits the exact same flight characteristics of a faster Teebird, straight with a predictable late yet moderate fade(when new). It's an exceptional control driver for me and is plenty long, especially the P-PD's. In fact, I'd like all my discs to be in the P plastic (pure beef and putters the exception). In addition, I too would like a champ PD.

I have a P-DD. The plastic is nice. But it's too much disc for me to judge it properly. I liken it to the offspring of a Destroyer and a TeeRex(a proper teerex).

The PD is well worth a test drive. If you don't like it there are plenty of folks around here that will gladly take it off your hands.

cmlasley said:
Furthur said:
I would say the PD is better at "locking into" a line than the OLF. If the OLF is a faster Eagle, then the PD is a faster Teebird.

I got an Christmas S PD at PIAS yesterday after reading these last few posts. (I also got an ESP Comet - I'm starting to feel like a easy sell).

We'll see how the PD compares with my QOLFs for that slot in the bag. I'd like to try out the P PD, too.

The difference between the Proto Christmas ones and the production runs is pretty big. The production run are better at penetrating at low speeds due to the sharper nose.

Proto PD = like a Blurr top (same top as the CD)
Production PD = like a Spirit top

cmlasley said:

I have 3 PD's coming my way, two P-PD's and one S-PD, and am really excited to try them out. Like yourself, the PD's will be competing with my OLF's for a slot in my bag. I REALLY like my OLF's, so the PD's will have quite the competition.

So what seems to be the most popular plastic for the PD? Do both plastics have their own uses? I'd like a little breakdown of the way the disc flies in the two different plastic types.

S starts out more stable throughout the flight, and loses the LSS first, albeit slowly. The HSS stays for quite a while in my experience. I have a Proto S that I've been throwing since they came out and it is still stable throughout the flight. It flips to flat pretty quickly, but doesn't flip and will finish with a predictable hyzer fade.

P starts out less stable throughout the flight, but still has some beef. The HSS stability goes quicker than with the S, but it won't turn into a roller anytime soon. I have a fairly seasoned max weight P that will flip to anny and still flex back to flat and finish hyzer on a full pull.

S is more of a 'true' TeeBird flight in my opinion. Straight with a hyzer finish. You can get more movement out of the P, and thus a little more distance as well.

My biggest concern is that it won't fit a role in my bag. Right now, I can accomplish most of my shots with my Eagles (DX and Champ): DX for distance and shot shaping; Champ for wind and LSS duties. That and I can push them out pretty far. The PD does sound intriguing, but I don't know if it's going to add more distance, substantial distance like 20-30 ft. to my game. If that were the case, I would just get a distance driver, which is what I'm currently looking for. I don't know. Sounds like a good disc but I may not try it.

While the PD can be thrown a long way, it's not a true distance driver in the modern sense of the word. More like a Hybrid or 3 Wood.

I really liked the PD but it didn't have a role in my bag. For me it was a broken in Z Pred. If I was throwing all Eagles I might consider trying the PD for stronger headwinds and more LSS.

I'm interested to try the P PD because the S PD overlapped with the SOLF too much for me to keep it but I really don't like the MOLF but could really see me liking the P PD.

If there was a champ PD I could see throwing them. I think with a champ PD in the line-up I could throw PD's in place of Predators and Teebirds. I prefer my Preds broken in.

I'm getting more curious about this disc. I'm really liking my Stalkers and I'm thinking that the PD might be a better partner and have less overlap with it than my EX. I'm thinking I could get a little more D with the PD without having to nut it as much. I like my EX, but for a lot of holes I use it on I'm throwing close to 100%. On shorter holes I'm preferring my overstable Stalker. I'm also thinking a P PD could be a replacement for my Viking and cut my mold count down and round out my bag a little. Justification comes easy when it comes to getting some new discs. Anyway, where do you guys even buy these?

discgolfvalues and discgolfcenter are the only online vendors that I'm aware of.

Definitely a good fit with the Stalker, at least for me. The PD is longer than an Eagle/Teebird speed disc, but it handles lower power without hyzering out super fast. It can fly almost the same line at 70% as it does at 90%.

As for distance disc, my broken in P is almost as long as my Forces, just takes a curvier line to get there.

I know it could replace the Viking, and probably the Eagle, depending on what type of lines you throw it on.

Furthur said:
I know it could replace the Viking, and probably the Eagle, depending on what type of lines you throw it on.

The only thing I use my EX for are medium to long range hyzers.

Any difference between the Freak and regular S versions? What are the main differences between the P and the S flightwise?