• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

He was sentenced to 4 years (one year ago). Couldn't be out already. ???

No idea, but it is very possible depending on the sentencing arrangement. Most people don't serve their full sentence in prison. Obviously that varies by situation and I don't know the details, just saying that it is pretty common

the reason some of the top women are 960-975 rated has nothing to do with the fact that they physically cannot throw as far as the top men, its that they still do not have the variety of shots most 970 rated men do, or if they do have they are not as comfortable throwing them. This is beginning to change; many have sidearms now, although normally not long enough to throw off the tee, some throw rollers, etc. Val has been in the top 3 in the world for 10 years now basically by throwing short and straight and playing smarter than everyone else.

Its the women who should be taking lessons from the grandmasters haha.

I can't believe I just read that.

*insert Anthon to dynamic, signature felon/suspect/breakout coming soon joke, here*

Crazy John (with creepy whisper) during 2017 World Championships: "looks like Anton took a bad tree hit and now is deep in the woods...I think he's setting up a forehand roller...."

Crazy John (now manic crazy yelling): "oh sweet disc golf gods ANTHON WAS SEEMINGLY IN JAIL AND USED THE FELON TO CUT ROLL TO AND EACAPE THEN ROLL ALL THE WAY INTO THE GREEN UNDER THE GLORIUS DISCATCHER BASKET FROM DISCRAFT DONATED BY LOCAL ANNONYMOUS MILLIONAIRE!"

To add more fuel to the Paige leaving prodigy rumors...

Today she requested to join the trilogy auction group on FB.

Really? I think it's bang on. I'd also add that a lot could throw much farther if they had cleaner form. Paige and Cat Allen are head and shoulders above most of the field technique wise.

I fully admit that any of the top ladies would beat me, even if I can throw farther than some of them.

the reason some of the top women are 960-975 rated has nothing to do with the fact that they physically cannot throw as far as the top men, its that they still do not have the variety of shots most 970 rated men do, or if they do have they are not as comfortable throwing them. This is beginning to change; many have sidearms now, although normally not long enough to throw off the tee, some throw rollers, etc. Val has been in the top 3 in the world for 10 years now basically by throwing short and straight and playing smarter than everyone else.

Its the women who should be taking lessons from the grandmasters haha.

Really? I think it's bang on. I'd also add that a lot could throw much farther if they had cleaner form. Paige and Cat Allen are head and shoulders above most of the field technique wise.

I fully admit that any of the top ladies would beat me, even if I can throw farther than some of them.

i guess a basic understanding of how ratings work would help. a bit of thread sprawl, but this can't go untouched.

There are 1,313 Pro Men rated higher than the #1 in the world Lady. Which is a 963 rating for 2015.

Understand that I'm not putting down women's disc golf - but everyone plays on the same ratings system. The game is about power and finesse. The power part plays a HUGE part of ratings. If you can drive the basket, you have a chance to make birdies, plain and simple. You could take a schlub and make him practice hard for a year, maybe two, and he would beat the entire women's tour.

Is it because he has superior skills and shot shaping ability? No, it's because he gets 10 birdie putts, and the ladies get 3 on the same Gold Level course.

The lady golfers have great skill and a better "variety of shots" as most mr. pro 964 rated dude.

I hope Paige and Cat and Val and others try to qualify for the DGWT events, however I wouldn't say they have a tough time because they lack the skill.

Cool, fair enough. I agree with what you're saying for sure, I didn't know which way you were coming from. I agree that without the 500' power you won't get a 1030 but with 400 there should be the possibility for 1000 I would think. I do not have stats to back that up but that is my angle on it.

Being able to throw 400' and being able to throw a 400' hyzer are two different things. That's the biggest separation between the top women and men.

Last edited:
Being able to throw 400' and being able to throw a 400' hyzer are two different things. That's the biggest separation between the top women and men.

Yup. Go check out the most recent tourney footage from the disc golf guy if you want to see it in action. She's playing on a card with Feldy, AB, and Uli. All three of those guys were throwing very overstable hyzers on shots she was throwing max distance lines on. Guess who got more birdies?

Cool, fair enough. I agree with what you're saying for sure, I didn't know which way you were coming from. I agree that without the 500' power you won't get a 1030 but with 400 there should be the possibility for 1000 I would think. I do not have stats to back that up but that is my angle on it.

I think it is possible when you look at some of the best masters and GM age players. But they have incredibly tight games, great technique, and a massive variety of shots. They're all lights out putters too.

Page thinks she can hit 1000 rated. She says her biggest problem getting that high right now is being to inconsistent. I think is possible that we will see a 1000 rated women in the next 10 years. The flip side of that tho is that in that same time we will probably see an significant increase in the number 1000+ men too.

I think if any of Page, Catrina and a few of the younger female players are able to play lights out in the right events and play a smart schedule they could easily be 1000 rated.

I know two small time open players who stay above 1000 by playing events where they know they have a great chance to do well. And only playing 4-10 events per year.

But that's kind of cheap I guess.

Power? What's the old saying? Putt for show, drive for...:| You guys just need to stop.

Yeti...350' distance, automatic inside the circle...1000+ rating for years (probably longer than I've been playing)
Paige and Cat...400'+ distance, inconsistent inside the circle...<1000 rating

Tell me again that the women need more distance. :wall: The thing that makes the elite men elite is power AND consistency. They throw 500' into putting range AND they make the putt. The putt is what's most important in the last statement.

Yea but you don't have to make as many tough putts when you can spike a hyzer at the basket from 350' whenever you need it. Yes consistency is important, but flat out talent helps too.

McBeth's 4-peat/Grand Slam/everything else he's accomplished was earned with Aviars more than Destroyers. So many long testers, and for him they're not even tough putts.

Brock, look at Brady. 500' distance on a bad day, and he has one 1000-rated round. Do you think 350' spike hyzers (which he executes flawlessly with Drones) are stopping him from having more?

Yea I get your point. He has been joining the herd a lot lately, and its almost sad to see someone with that arm talent be so indifferent about his putting. Though, I guess I can see why sometimes with how frustrated I get with my putts...

Agreed. He's got tons of shots in his arsenal and plenty of power. He just can't get out of his own head near the basket. I truly believe he could be the best in the area if he could just get over his putting woes.

Yup. Go check out the most recent tourney footage from the disc golf guy if you want to see it in action. She's playing on a card with Feldy, AB, and Uli. All three of those guys were throwing very overstable hyzers on shots she was throwing max distance lines on. Guess who got more birdies?

While I agree, she gave up most of her strokes on the 9 holes I watched on an island tee shot that is easily reachable for her.