• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

It seems like there are two sides to this issue:
1, The reason female players have not reached 1000 ratings is because they lack distance.
2, The reason female players have not reached 1000 ratings is because they lack consistent inside the circle putting skills.

I believe they are both big factors, not either/or.
I am a GM around 950 rated, and definitely not satisfied with it.

First, I have the same distance issues, while many of my card mates are able to easily reach 350'+, I have been really been slinging to get that far. The extra effort takes a toll on accuracy. I could get there, but it took so much more effort and so-called "distance lines" instead of the predictable hyzer.
Until females "easily" reach 350-400' on a hyzer line, they will give up a few strokes to those who can (especially on a wide-open-sky Arizona DG course).
Second, I believe the same principle is applicable to putting. If a female has less strength, she will be using a higher proportion of effort to reach the same distance. Putting from 33' is as much about strength as it is about form and skill. I've NEVER seen a female with (what I consider) decent putting form. From 33' out, most of them look like they are throwing/heaving in the general direction of the basket with little expectation it will go in.
Can these strength issues be overcome? Of course, but I don't see it in any of the females playing at the top level right now.

Perhaps difficult to assess partly due to our current lack of tracking some detailed performance stats. But Approach, Recovery and Mental game are also expertise required to perform at our highest level.

Page thinks she can hit 1000 rated. She says her biggest problem getting that high right now is being to inconsistent. I think is possible that we will see a 1000 rated women in the next 10 years. The flip side of that tho is that in that same time we will probably see an significant increase in the number 1000+ men too.

One reason she struggles with her 'consistency' is because she is muscling a 375' shot while 1000+ rated men are throwing a smooth mid.
As others have said, more power is needed, especially if you consider the courses she is playing for her rating.

Paige confirmed to DD on Facebook. Or at least to HandEye, which I believe they only do Trilogy plastics right? Mostly DD.

Last edited:
It seems like there are two sides to this issue:
1, The reason female players have not reached 1000 ratings is because they lack distance.
2, The reason female players have not reached 1000 ratings is because they lack consistent inside the circle putting skills.

I believe they are both big factors, not either/or.
I am a GM around 950 rated, and definitely not satisfied with it.

First, I have the same distance issues, while many of my card mates are able to easily reach 350'+, I have been really been slinging to get that far. The extra effort takes a toll on accuracy. I could get there, but it took so much more effort and so-called "distance lines" instead of the predictable hyzer.
Until females "easily" reach 350-400' on a hyzer line, they will give up a few strokes to those who can (especially on a wide-open-sky Arizona DG course).
Second, I believe the same principle is applicable to putting. If a female has less strength, she will be using a higher proportion of effort to reach the same distance. Putting from 33' is as much about strength as it is about form and skill. I've NEVER seen a female with (what I consider) decent putting form. From 33' out, most of them look like they are throwing/heaving in the general direction of the basket with little expectation it will go in.
Can these strength issues be overcome? Of course, but I don't see it in any of the females playing at the top level right now.

I went to highschool and college with a very gifted female athlete who was an explosive volleyball player and talented pentathlete. I would be very curious how she (and other well rounded athletes) could do on a disc golf course with some practice.

I think there will be women who can and will reach 1000 rating, but at this point there are simply not that many women disc golfing as compared to men.

That's ****in sick. (Can kinda tell I'm not a prodigy fan). I'm really excited to see what she will throw! This I'm most suprised with, and happy for.

I guess I should t be too suprised, I'm sure the Lat64 umbrella has more money and bargaining power than most companies at this point. Big moves for Dynamic!

Paige confirmed to DD on Facebook. Or at least to HandEye, which I believe they only do Trilogy plastics right? Mostly DD.

They secretly announced it a month ago! If any grammar nazis followed their instagram we woulda known. well played. i bet they're disappointed no one noticed... see attached :doh:

Attachments

• paige.jpg
    paige.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
You could spell anybody's name with that big body of text. Haha, so who's next then?

Could be an apparel deal. Kyle Webster seems to be sponsored by them as well.

One reason she struggles with her 'consistency' is because she is muscling a 375' shot while 1000+ rated men are throwing a smooth mid.
As others have said, more power is needed, especially if you consider the courses she is playing for her rating.[/QUOTE

]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h1RD9YfpCNs

15:15 min in, 354 up hill. Plays about 420. Muscling?

They secretly announced it a month ago! If any grammar nazis followed their instagram we woulda known. well played. i bet they're disappointed no one noticed... see attached :doh:

attachment.php

giphy.gif

oRarizl.gif

Let's see who Prodigy still has since they made that big splash a few years back. Koling, Leiviska, Allen, Ulibarri, Paju & Schusterick. Still a solid team of big names. I hope they can make those players' deals more lucrative now that they've lost so many of their top players.

Let's see who Prodigy still has since they made that big splash a few years back. Koling, Leiviska, Allen, Ulibarri, Paju & Schusterick. Still a solid team of big names. I hope they can make those players' deals more lucrative now that they've lost so many of their top players.

Cale I can't see leaving, his shop is all based on Prodigy and it would probably be hard to start over.

Jerm has pretty much said he didnt want to be with any other team unless it was Discraft and I can't see them ponying up to get him back.

They have sneakily gotten some smaller time players who will help them spread the name in their areas. Dustin Perry and Dutch Napier in particular were good calls.

Val has been in the top 3 in the world for 10 years now basically by throwing short and straight and playing smarter than everyone else.

Saw a video of Val and several others in a first round card. The other ladies were good, but it was obvious how much better Catrina and especially Val's form was compared to the others, and of course Val's tremendous consistency. So add that to Val playing smarter...

McBeth's 4-peat/Grand Slam/everything else he's accomplished was earned with Aviars more than Destroyers. So many long testers, and for him they're not even tough putts.

This. McBeth is what he is because he is far and away the best tournament putter on the planet. JMHO. That and the work he puts into it, of course. But IMHO he is absolutely the "McBest" at putting.

Val is the most consistent putter on the female side. Paige and Catrina can outshoot her and usually do but Val can stay in the hunt with her putting. Her distance is okay but she needs to up her versatility. She doesn't really throw sidearms or rollers which is a big weakness in her repertoire.