• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Also, he didn't putt with either disc.

That's not totally accurate, if you watch his videos and listen to his commentary, he switches up his putters more than any other pro that I've noticed. He factors in the basket style as well as wind/elevation/distance before choosing which putter to use. When that Caltrop first came out, he was definitely trying to make it work. He mentions it several times.

I'm sure the releases of the Slammer and Caltrop had more to do with Innova's thumbtrack patent expiring, than creating specifically for Dollar. However, if you listen to Dunipace, Rico, Jussi, Rusco and the other owners, they have dozens and dozens of projects at any given time. My point being that having an excellent ambassador and traveling pro in Dollar on the team, may have pushed their thumbtrack mold project to the forefront, as that was what he had previously preferred.

That's not totally accurate, if you watch his videos and listen to his commentary, he switches up his putters more than any other pro that I've noticed. He factors in the basket style as well as wind/elevation/distance before choosing which putter to use. When that Caltrop first came out, he was definitely trying to make it work. He mentions it several times.

I'm sure the releases of the Slammer and Caltrop had more to do with Innova's thumbtrack patent expiring, than creating specifically for Dollar. However, if you listen to Dunipace, Rico, Jussi, Rusco and the other owners, they have dozens and dozens of projects at any given time. My point being that having an excellent ambassador and traveling pro in Dollar on the team, may have pushed their thumbtrack mold project to the forefront, as that was what he had previously preferred.

I don't believe I've seen him putt in a tournament with either disc. If he did, it was very isolated. He mostly putted with the Judge or the Sinus last year.

Wasn't he already with Discraft last year? He threw Discraft molds, maybe he wasn't formally sponsored.

I'm on Discraft and wasn't aware of it until this year. But yeah, apparently he started throwing Discraft last year.

Hi Everyone! Can someone direct me to the best thread to get the lowdown on the whole Drew Gibson/Innova ordeal? I just saw he's got a leo3 out and i realized ive got some catching up to do. Thanks!

Hi Everyone! Can someone direct me to the best thread to get the lowdown on the whole Drew Gibson/Innova ordeal? I just saw he's got a leo3 out and i realized ive got some catching up to do. Thanks!

It's been discussed mostly in this thread. He stated multiple times that it was NOT about the $. He claimed the discs couldn't handle his power and that he didn't fit in with the team very well. He also seemed to be frustrated with the over-exposure of some of the bottom-tier tour players on the team.

It's been discussed mostly in this thread. He stated multiple times that it was NOT about the $. He claimed the discs couldn't handle his power and that he didn't fit in with the team very well. He also seemed to be frustrated with the over-exposure of some of the bottom-tier tour players on the team.

And it was the Dynamic Discs discs he said couldn't handle the power, and other DD team members he didn't fit in with, IIRC.

And it was the Dynamic Discs discs he said couldn't handle the power, and other DD team members he didn't fit in with, IIRC.

Damn for reals!? It went down like that!? Wow.

Damn for reals!? It went down like that!? Wow.

Yeah it was a low-key shot fired at the discs. I interpreted the "not fitting in with the team" part as a sort of "creative differences" thing. He didn't necessarily throw anybody under the bus except for the discs, b/c they were too flippy and rolled under the bus. He was decently gracious with his departure but he could have worded the stuff about the discs better.

Yeah it was a low-key shot fired at the discs. I interpreted the "not fitting in with the team" part as a sort of "creative differences" thing. He didn't necessarily throw anybody under the bus except for the discs, b/c they were too flippy and rolled under the bus. He was decently gracious with his departure but he could have worded the stuff about the discs better.

Wow. :|

That's stupid lol. Latitude 64 brands have discs that are much more OS than innova. It's not like he's throwing the Ape anyway...

Excuses. He wasn't doing great. And he may not have gelled with the discs that could be 100% true. But he throws destroyers. They aren't the most OS discs out there anyway. I call BS, I mean look at the justice for ****s sake.

Innova is the Yankees or Patriots of disc golf, so what if he wanted to go to the industry leader, that's fine.

Also a great social media post about how he was more of an American than some people, these colors don't bleed, etc... oh and George Soros.

Well George Soros is a given, what with those Trilogy discs being made in those Communist, one world order Scandinavian countries. Drew is a true patriot and became red pilled. I'm looking forward to him making disc golf great again in 2018 with discs made in America by very fine people.