• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

That's great for him, in my limited work with him, he has been the consummate professional.

Great job Steve

This is great news. Ultiworld has been a great addition to the disc golf world. I feel like press like that is a huge step to legitimizing and growing the sport. They always cover the top stories and out of all of our media outlets I feel like they are the closest to asking the "tough" questions. There stories aren't just about promoting whatever athlete is the focus which I feel like a lot of the other media seems to do. I don't really fault them at all for that, they are interviewing their friends and when the pool of athletes in this sport is so small you can't just go asking about topics they don't want to talk about.

He says he has his bag all figured out already, you would think if delaying this long, he would have had thorough ITB showcasing his new tools. Anyway good luck to Matt $. Will be interesting to see if MVP develops putters specifically for him, like Trilogy did with Caltrop and Slammer. I think the Slammer seems like a useful upshot disc, but I dont think many will putt with either. Makes you wonder if DD regrets spending the time, money, and resources on developing and promoting these.

Dollar to MVP per this official video off his page

https://www.facebook.com/matt.dollar.1/videos/922446044426/

Can't say I didn't call it after all the help they gave him with the US Mini DGC.

That makes me 1/2 this year on calling pros and new contracts. I swung and whiffed on Conrad to Dynamic back in Nov. Managed to guess Dollar's new deal right though.

He says he has his bag all figured out already, you would think if delaying this long, he would have had thorough ITB showcasing his new tools. Anyway good luck to Matt $. Will be interesting to see if MVP develops putters specifically for him, like Trilogy did with Caltrop and Slammer. I think the Slammer seems like a useful upshot disc, but I dont think many will putt with either. Makes you wonder if DD regrets spending the time, money, and resources on developing and promoting these.

Congrats to Matt Dollar on the new sponsorship!

I doubt DD regrets making the Caltrop and Slammer. They're out there and being purchased, and are there for any upcoming pros that might want them.

Neither of those discs were created especially for Matt. Both would have been developed regardless of his presence on the Latitude team. No slight on Matt, but he's simply not the big name, high level pro that companies will create discs for. Besides, when companies do create a disc for a player, they typically put his/her name on it...Feldberg with the Spark and Dagger, Ricky with the Compass, EMac with the Truth, etc.

The Caltrop's development and release seemed to coincide with Dollar joining the team. Perhaps it was coincidence, but I would have to think that part of his decision to join the team at that time was the promise of a thumbtrack putter similar to the Rhyno he used for several years on Team Innova.

The Caltrop's development and release seemed to coincide with Dollar joining the team. Perhaps it was coincidence, but I would have to think that part of his decision to join the team at that time was the promise of a thumbtrack putter similar to the Rhyno he used for several years on Team Innova.

Now I eagerly await the release of an MVP thumbtack putter ;)

It was entirely coincidence. The timing of their release had everything to do with the expiration of Innova's patent on the Thumbtrac and nothing else.

Matt joined Team64 in early 2016. The Caltrop and Slammer debuted in early 2017. Seems odd that if the discs were indeed designed with him in mind that he'd leave a year later. Guess we'll know if MVP comes out with a thumbtracked disc in the next year or so. ;)

^bingo. The Ringer GT also was made around the same time. A very Rhynoy disc.

It was entirely coincidence. The timing of their release had everything to do with the expiration of Innova's patent on the Thumbtrac and nothing else.

Matt joined Team64 in early 2016. The Caltrop and Slammer debuted in early 2017. Seems odd that if the discs were indeed designed with him in mind that he'd leave a year later. Guess we'll know if MVP comes out with a thumbtracked disc in the next year or so. ;)

Also, he didn't putt with either disc.

Latest posts