• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

That would indeed be interesting as I've heard that the MVP/Axiom overmolds don't overhand very well. Maybe there will be a Streamline option for him.

If that ends up being the case, they do allow mixed bags so I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult for him to roll with an overhand disc until they come out with something that works for him.

A lot of the guys throwing distance thumbers prefer faf firebirds.

Honestly, you can overhand anything, you just get different results.

However, so much this. I mainly overhand color glow firebirds but I'll pull out a Flattop Firechicken if I need more pan or a Champ Thunderbird if I need a tighter corkscrew. Even a Patriot can be useful for overhands, although I haven't found that use quite yet

Last edited:
That would indeed be interesting as I've heard that the MVP/Axiom overmolds don't overhand very well. Maybe there will be a Streamline option for him.

No, they are quite good for overhands. There are plenty US MVP discs now.
Once upon a time, this was not true

The Streamline addition does make MVP/Axiom a more viable option for pros, as you both just pointed out. We'll see if Matt Dollar and others sign with them.

They need to make a lid. That would get attention from the other end of the spectrum.
Maybe get the rights to the whiltl'r

Last edited:
I know some Team MVP players, and I've never seen them use a Streamline disc in competition. Also, on the Team MVP site, many players list what's in their bag, and there's not one Streamline disc in any of them.

Draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:
That's because throwing a non overmold disc is sacrilege to them.

If I were an MVP sponsored pro I would sprinkle as much Axiom/Streamline as I could into my bag. Simply so it would be easier to tell my molds apart instead of looking at 17-18 black rim discs that all look the same.

If you keep your discs in order, thats not a problem. ;)

If you keep your discs in order, thats not a problem. ;)

True, I'm that way. Always have a specific order to everything. I just like it to be a no brainer when I'm reaching for a certain mold. I've seen a lot of players that need to have everything (non MVP) the same color too. An entire bag of white or neon green discs. Whatever.

To get the thread back on track I want to announce that I'm still not sponsored. I feel like I'm better than my 945 rating so if any companies are looking I'll wait here for any offers.

If I were an MVP sponsored pro I would sprinkle as much Axiom/Streamline as I could into my bag. Simply so it would be easier to tell my molds apart instead of looking at 17-18 black rim discs that all look the same.

I throw all MVP & Axiom, and don't have trouble knowing which discs are which, at least from the standpoint of the rims. You can see the edges of the flight plates and you can tell which colors are which. I have only thrown the wrong disc once, and that was because of identical flight plate color and not because I was only seeing black rims.

If you have identical colored discs stacked next to each other, that's no different than single mold discs of the shape basic shape and color. If you don't know the order of your bag, you'll still have to check to make sure you have the right disc.

I throw all MVP & Axiom, and don't have trouble knowing which discs are which, at least from the standpoint of the rims. You can see the edges of the flight plates and you can tell which colors are which. I have only thrown the wrong disc once, and that was because of identical flight plate color and not because I was only seeing black rims.

If you have identical colored discs stacked next to each other, that's no different than single mold discs of the shape basic shape and color. If you don't know the order of your bag, you'll still have to check to make sure you have the right disc.

Same here. All mvp/axiom. Never had an issue with finding the right disc. Its no harder than single mold discs.

Bit off topic but talking about athleticism do you think being "fluffy" affects distance. I'll keep it real, I'm fat, I've sort of accepted not being able to through far, I work on my form but just don't play enough and have no desires to be a tournament contender, so I stopped worrying about it. But theoretically gravity hits me like a bitch and I'm slow and less aerodynamic. :D Anyone know big dudes who throw 450+ I'm 6' foot and 290.

Not at all. Plenty of bigger guys ripping discs as well as skinny.

But being in shape, athletic stance, and muscle memory etc of course all come into play regardless of body shape.

Last edited:

Latest posts