• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

So where did Matt Dollar end up? I know he said he's done with Lat64 but haven't seen an announcement of a new sponsor.

The main rumor out there seems to be that he's going to MVP.

That would indeed be interesting as I've heard that the MVP/Axiom overmolds don't overhand very well. Maybe there will be a Streamline option for him.

No, they are quite good for overhands. There are plenty US MVP discs now.
Once upon a time, this was not true

I like OS molds for my overhands, at least for distance anyways, and I am pretty sure Dollar does as well.. Maybe with overmolds it would be different.

I used to throw decent thumbers with my motion before my shoulder problems. The motion and resistor would sometimes roll over kind of weird and I always thought it was because they were flat. Never tried one with the Nitro I have but I would imagine the dome would help right?

Last edited:
I like OS molds for my overhands, at least for distance anyways, and I am pretty sure Dollar does as well.. Maybe with overmolds it would be different.

His videos are great because he really explains how and what he throws. He actually throws both understable and overstable discs with his thumbers, in addition to changing his angles

Every overhander I've known throws super OS molds. Apes, NukeOS's, FAF's, Stilettos, etc...

Well, this shows how little I throw overhands. Most times I am using a Rask to punch out of overgrowth...usally only about 30 to 40 foot.

I have no distance with OS discs throwing overhand....hince my comments.

Sorry, carry on

Seems to me that Dollar would need a more OS putter than currently exists in the MVP lineup. Been a couple of years since I played with him, but he was using Rhynos at the time. A hard anyhzer putter from what I remember. All idle speculation until an official announcement anyways. Carry on.

I used to throw decent thumbers with my motion before my shoulder problems. The motion and resistor would sometimes roll over kind of weird and I always thought it was because they were flat. Never tried one with the Nitro I have but I would imagine the dome would help right?

A lot of the guys throwing distance thumbers prefer faf firebirds.

Honestly, you can overhand anything, you just get different results.