• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I thought the same thing because of a Twitter post on infinite discs yesterday with them selling LoCastro stamp wizards and mentioning prodigy disc in the same Twitter message

I thought the same thing because of a Twitter post on infinite discs yesterday with them selling LoCastro stamp wizards and mentioning prodigy disc in the same Twitter message

Interesting. To paraphrase the Twitter post, Infinite is selling Nikko Locastro "Mandala" stamped Wizards and Prodigy. https://infinitediscs.com/featured/nikko-locastro This does appear to point towards such a sponsorship.

Does Nikko have some sort of cult following?
At this point in his career and with his unpredictability, I just don't get why any company would sponsor him.

Maybe it's more of a Gateway sponsorship with an everything-besides-Wizards exemption?

Gateway sponsorship always allow for a mixed bag. They make great putters, but I don't know anyone personally that throws anything else from them.

Interesting. To paraphrase the Twitter post, Infinite is selling Nikko Locastro "Mandala" stamped Wizards and Prodigy. https://infinitediscs.com/featured/nikko-locastro This does appear to point towards such a sponsorship.

Weird, I thought I read someone on here saying he's been using a lot of Innova along with his Wizards. As a huge fan of ITB videos, his super mixed ITB from a couple years back is my favorite.

Weird, I thought I read someone on here saying he's been using a lot of Innova along with his Wizards. As a huge fan of ITB videos, his super mixed ITB from a couple years back is my favorite.

He does throw some Innova still, and had a few destroyers and firebirds stamped up with the same mandala stamp. They may have just sold out through Facebook before making it to infinite.

As far as sponsorship, I believe it is Gateway, however official that will be. They will still let him throw a mixed bag. When they anno Need their new prophecy mid range, they said to stay tuned for a signature Nikko Prophecy.

They also pay their caddies really well. I think its standard practice for professional caddies to receive 10% of all winnings by their player, on top of whatever they are already getting paid..

That used to be the general practice, but a number of pros got away from that (Davis Love III being one of them) and just paid their caddies a straight salary. For some, it's either a salary or 10%, but not one on top of the other..

I still have a feeling we'll see Madison Walker move to DD to join Paige. She hasn't posted anything about being part of Team Innova for 2018 (where everyone and their mother has already). Perhaps they're still working out a deal? I hope she stays with Innova but have a strong feeling she'll be throwing DD :/

Also, Cynthia from Champs vs Chumps (Kansas City Edition) signed with DD.

Glad to hear that for Cynthia. :thmbup:

As to Madison Walker, I guess time will tell, but one would thing she'd've announced a change already...

Drew's response on why he left DD.

4ca6rDT.png

As seen here https://www.facebook.com/groups/trilogyfanpage/permalink/1531665073617058/

The answer is in there: he didn't get along with other players. Add to it he says no ill will towards Trilogy or its ownership, but does not extend that to other players, and the problem becomes self-evident...

I find it so funny that some top dg pros cant use any finesse when playing DG... So many hulks lol. As if 20 years ago DG was impossible to play and throw far with accuracy.

Older heads will have to correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Climo win a gazillion tourneys without being an elite, long distance thrower? If I were a pro the only thing that I'd care about is what brand would fit my putting the most, not who had discs that I could crush into a hurricane. I dunno, I hate to keep ragging on Drew (not really, the sunglasses and arm sleeve tats make it easy) so I understand playing to your strengths and all, I'd just try and improve facets of my game that would enable it to age gracefully.

I hope the switch back works out for him though, it's entertaining to have characters in the mix on the tours. :thmbup:

Glad to hear that for Cynthia. :thmbup:

As to Madison Walker, I guess time will tell, but one would thing she'd've announced a change already...

Really happy for Cynthia. As NovaP said earlier, a great golfer and a good friend. :clap:

Madison is still with Innova, at least by the post made on the Innova Women's Team Facebook on 01-12-18.

Older heads will have to correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Climo win a gazillion tourneys without being an elite, long distance thrower? If I were a pro the only thing that I'd care about is what brand would fit my putting the most, not who had discs that I could crush into a hurricane. I dunno, I hate to keep ragging on Drew (not really, the sunglasses and arm sleeve tats make it easy) so I understand playing to your strengths and all, I'd just try and improve facets of my game that would enable it to age gracefully.

I hope the switch back works out for him though, it's entertaining to have characters in the mix on the tours. :thmbup:
You are most likely correct..... Going by my own experience and what I've seen in life, most 21 year olds don't make always the ideal decisions. To play devil's advocate though.... If you had 600+ feet of power with a 3 step throw and you were limited to discs which you were always worried about them flipping over and bailing, wouldn't you maybe want to throw some discs that u could know aren't going to do that? ;)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I find it so funny that some top dg pros cant use any finesse when playing DG... So many hulks lol. As if 20 years ago DG was impossible to play and throw far with accuracy.
It's the progression of the sport. Back in the day hitting baseballs far was not really part of the game. Then the Babe began a shift in baseball which changed it forever.

It's the progression of the sport. Back in the day hitting baseballs far was not really part of the game. Then the Babe began a shift in baseball which changed it forever.

Um wut? So you want pros to hit the roids?

It's not a progression of the sport at all when super old ass molds are still the most popular to this day being sold and none of them are extremely OS.

Latest posts