• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Bit off topic but talking about athleticism do you think being "fluffy" affects distance. I'll keep it real, I'm fat, I've sort of accepted not being able to through far, I work on my form but just don't play enough and have no desires to be a tournament contender, so I stopped worrying about it. But theoretically gravity hits me like a bitch and I'm slow and less aerodynamic. :D Anyone know big dudes who throw 450+ I'm 6' foot and 290.

Yep, I know a couple.

I think this question has been asked on these forums before. Look up the disc golfer Jamie Mosier. He is a big guy who throws far.

and a super cool dude

also a lot of CCDG videos for Norcal events feature a number of locals on the beefier side

Ccdg has Sias Elmore on a bit whos not your typical athlete. David Madruga also doest strike me as a little dude. Both seem to crush decent enough.

Brian Schweberger is a little taller at about 6 ft 5 in and has gotta be pushing 300 lbs. He can hang with the best of em, granted he was thin when he developed his game but weight shouldn't be prohibitive of learning proper technique.

Bit off topic but talking about athleticism do you think being "fluffy" affects distance. I'll keep it real, I'm fat, I've sort of accepted not being able to through far, I work on my form but just don't play enough and have no desires to be a tournament contender, so I stopped worrying about it. But theoretically gravity hits me like a bitch and I'm slow and less aerodynamic. :D Anyone know big dudes who throw 450+ I'm 6' foot and 290.

If you're light on your feet for a big guy it's probably not that much of an impediment. If weight makes it difficult to feel weight transfer and bracing and all that than yeah, it doesn't help.

He is not a pro disc golfer, but Steve Hill (onemilemore) is moving from Ultiworld to a new position as Media Director for the PDGA. Congrats Steve!

That's a good get for the PDGA. Congratulations Steve.

Bringing Pete from Disc Golf Scene on board a year or two ago was a good move too.

I like it!

That's great for him, in my limited work with him, he has been the consummate professional.

Great job Steve

Latest posts