• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

God knows how long players like Stokely, Korver, and Barsby had to pinch pennies and sleep on people's couches just to make it around to all the Majors, NT's, etc.

Not that they just started playing, but...

Must be nice to be blossoming as a player right now, like Buhr, Robinson, Harris, the sisters Mandujano, Oliva, Mertsch. They came along when playing DG became a truly viable career choice. They'll never know the touring life of their elders endured. DG has become a legit profession.

Can't blame the old timers for sticking around (or in JK's case, returning to competitive play), with the $$$$ that's available now. Also damned impressive they can still be competitive at this level, after so many years.

God knows how long players like Stokely, Korver, and Barsby had to pinch pennies and sleep on people's couches just to make it around to all the Majors, NT's, etc.

Can't blame the old timers for sticking around (or in JK's case, returning to competitive play), with the $$$$ that's available now. Also damned impressive they can still be competitive at this level, after so many years.

Bless them all for living long enough to see their dream be a reality for so many kids and get a chance to live it themselves.

Like you said long years in bus's and couch's.
I remember hearing a joke/ speech about Glenn Whitlock (HOF 2022)..

"If you've ever been a Tournament director, Glenn has slept on your couch"

A lot of these folks put in 25+ years, geez I think John and James up here a pushing 50yrs.. Touring with Wham-Os and putting on frisbee clinics when it was financially difficult

I have a lot of respect for the time they put in and I'm happy some of em can still play the game. I love those guys and gals for dedicating their life to it for nothing. (Or next to it :D )

Plot twist, Uli is actually going to Lonestar... :popcorn: /s

But really, seems like a weird move...looking at their line up, the only two I'm really surprised about getting kicked off the elite team are Uli and Callaway. Nothing against the others by any means, but why Brodie has precedent over any of the others I don't understand.

Social Media influence aside, Brodie finished ahead of Uli and Callaway and Fry in DGPT standings, and was the only one to qualify for the DGPT Championship.

No one will talk about it but signing Holyn Handley is an excellent pickup by Doscraft

I just listened to The Par Tee podcast with Hannah and Christine, where they interviewed Holyn Handley.

Holyn puts in the work during off season and will most likely have an even better season this year, so FPO watch out! And after some form fixes she now throws 420 on a rope BH and throw 400 FH.

Holyn was on SmashBoxx and the entire Elite Team was at Pauls house and she said that Discraft had rent a house for the team so they could get to know the Team and making it easy for the new players to find discs and get advice

Holyn was on SmashBoxx and the entire Elite Team was at Pauls house and she said that Discraft had rent a house for the team so they could get to know the Team and making it easy for the new players to find discs and get advice

Smart move and good investment by DC. And I was wondering how they got that picture of all of them together...

Maybe Uli is OK with being Captain, though not on the Elite Team.

Smart move and good investment by DC. And I was wondering how they got that picture of all of them together...

My first thought was they were all together in July for DGLO, but the environment in the video didn't look like MICH. It looked like FLA to me. So they must have done it recently in FLA. Go figure. ;)

I just listened to The Par Tee podcast with Hannah and Christine, where they interviewed Holyn Handley.

Holyn puts in the work during off season and will most likely have an even better season this year, so FPO watch out! And after some form fixes she now throws 420 on a rope BH and throw 400 FH.

I played with Holyn for the first time this year, and I don't have enough words of praise for her FH. I think that I have a really good FH for the women's game, it's one of the few things I typically have pride in shot-wise where my own game is concerned, but my jaw was dropping watching her throw.

The flight is so smooth out of her hand. Absolutely gorgeous for the distance she gets.

So Brodie was at Paul's house? :popcorn:

I listen to so many different podcasts they seem to almost meld together, but I heard someone recently saying this same thing about "teams".
I've said it before, so I'll say it again.
These are the early days of DG.
I believe in time someone will create a tourney that pits "teams" against each other. Sort of like the Presidents Cup they do in Europe. Just have to be patient man.

I listen to so many different podcasts they seem to almost meld together, but I heard someone recently saying this same thing about "teams".
I believe in time someone will create a tourney that pits "teams" against each other. Sort of like the Presidents Cup they do in Europe. Just have to be patient man.

There are plenty of team events out there and there will undoubtedly be more. I would be surprised to see a "Manufacturer Team" event any time soon though. There is only upside in it for the team that winds up winning.

Maybe threesomes would work better, and allow more companies to participate. Maybe 2 MPO, 1 FPO. Alternate between captain's choice, worst shot, and alternating shot. Charge spectators to watch. Players can pay for mulligans by throwing one of their new signature discs to the crowd. Max 5 per round.

Winning team gets to throw 100 of each losing team's (manufacturer's) discs to the crowd from a box that each company brings. Or would it be better if they threw out 100 of THEIR discs? Either way, that costs the company little (they could use some stockpiled molds if they want, but also some good selling molds from the players involved) but would be valuable to the crowd. The cash from the spectators and pay per view goes to the course TD and/or the creation of a new course (baskets/teepads) that the winning team gets to design.

Have some funky basket locations too that make a few holes look like the putting game.

Maybe there is some good meat in there somewhere. :)

A "teams" thing would be very cool.
But I think the reason we probably won't see it comes down to the mighty, mighty dollar.
Would be kinda embarrassing to lose in a tourney like this.
Might hurt sales, for the loser.

I can see some of the newer manufacturers doing something like that - Lone Star vs Infinite for example. Losing wouldn't really make a difference to disc sales. In fact, I think it would get more eyeballs on their molds because that video would be more popular than the individual pro's channels.