• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

He's going to MVP. When someone guessed Discraft, Jordan Castro said no. Then Chris Clemons said, basically, that it would be Infinite or MVP. No reason to believe that Infinite has the cash for $1 million a year, and he said he'll never get to throw the Doom Bird 4 (in a tournament, presumably, as I'm sure he's thrown it off camera).

Well, my two bits.. Classy exit, I could be swayed into being a Simon fan, i always liked his vids. His uncle Pete was big around these parts before he went out east to Quebec.. Lots of my friends miss him. There's some video of Simon getting an ace when he was 10ish over on Saltspring island. So a third hand connection, haha if he starts throwing my brand I will welcome it. Who am I kidding I've got backups of backups, won't really hurt me if his discs go for $35 and are sold out instantly. My money is on MVP.

If team infinite allows an open bag, and Simon will never throw a doombird 4... other than possible contractual issues/ fine print... Doesn't that cross team infinite off the list? Isn't that a point against? I guess Drew leaking the announcement kinda scores a point for it though.

Last edited:
Kind of poignant to see him lifting that MVP open trophy in his montage, especially if he ends up with MVP.

If it's not MVP then who else? Discraft is already paying Macbeth and Dickerson and probably Brody, so not sure if they'd be able to shell out more money for him. Innova could afford him so maybe so that's a possibility.

Latitude 64 has the European connection assuming he values that. I don't even know who their top MPO player is currently but Simon would certainly be their top guy. I don't know if they're footing any of Ricky's wages though.

Wherever he ends up I'm betting the only thing that ends up taking a beating will be our wallets
AFAIK Dynamic is footing all of Ricky's bills. Latitude's top player is arguably Tattar, with Albert Tamm, Linus Carlsson, and Tristan Tanner their best on the MPO side. Simon would easily spearhead L64.

There's zero smoke re: Simon to Lat.64 but they did hire Seth Findley to run everything on the US side so maybe they're a possibility?

...aaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddddd the word "announce" has just lost all meaning for me
Sing the Ren n Stimpy Happy Happy Joy Joy song for 10 minutes and tell us how you feel about the word "happy."

Simon has got to be the most sincere and likeable guy on our sport. It's utterly impossible to not like the guy. One of the best "farewells" I've seen as well. Just an absolute class act. Harder and harder to find that in athletes these days.

No idea where he's going, but I wish him all the best.

Hoping it's MVP. I wonder if the Maple Hill connection comes into play at all?

so did the chance that Brodie will go to Discmania go up? . . social media is his thing. . but VERY hard to see Brodie and Eagle "klick" in the same way

wouldn't it be cool if Simon went to Discraft. they seem like the most serious about team building and i'm pretty sure they have the bank to bring him on.

Just kinda feel like the way the whole Innova/DM severance went down, it would be a stab in DM back to go to Innova.

That and I feel maybe Innova doesn't need the benefit of adding Simon. Shrugs.

Hoping it's MVP. I wonder if the Maple Hill connection comes into play at all?

I'd think the proximity of MVP HQ plays some role, it'll be far more practical than having to go to Colorado to do disc signings, promo videos and design work.

If indeed Simon gets connected with MVP, it may involve more than money such as marketing partner/ownership stakes in MVP and/or Maple Hill, and even the BIRDIE game as longer-term security for his family as he settles into living in the U.S. and Massachusetts in particular.

If indeed Simon gets connected with MVP, it may involve more than money such as marketing partner/ownership stakes in MVP and/or Maple Hill, and even the BIRDIE game as longer-term security for his family as he settles into living in the U.S. and Massachusetts in particular.

I was curious about this. Does MVP actually own some sort of stake in Maple Hill?