• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can respect your choice for staying loyal! Last thing we need is another "Lebron" jumping ship first chance he gets.

Lebron didn't "jump ship" as soon as he could. He signed a contract extension in 2006 that kept him in Cleveland for 3 more years than he had to.

In your opinion, is it irresponsible to propose, design, and build a pro-level disc golf course in a public, multi-use park with extremely limited space? I'm trying to reverse such a decision that is in the final stages with the tees and pins about to be set. In my opinion the course will be unsafe and often unplayable due to the frequent and heavy use of other facilities, and it will be absolutely unsuitable for the average disc golfer. I personally have no problem designing an advanced course for pros where the possibility to come into contact with other park-goers is nil, but to design a course that often throws at or around other patrons who may or may not be aware of the danger is criminal. I've spoken to the designer, who has a grand scheme in his mind, and to the parks and rec director, who seemed receptive to what I had to say, but now I fear I'm being ignored. If I know the dangers and issues with the park and have attempted to dissuade the designer and park director with no change, do you feel opening it up to a larger, more public forum is advised? I've done about as much as I can personally to try to keep a huge mistake from being made- should I air it out and try to get some members here to support a change before its too late?

Last edited:
In your opinion, is it irresponsible to propose, design, and build a pro-level disc golf course in a public, multi-use park with extremely limited space? I'm trying to reverse such a decision that is in the final stages with the tees and pins about to be set. In my opinion the course will be unsafe and often unplayable due to the frequent and heavy use of other facilities, and it will be absolutely unsuitable for the average disc golfer. I personally have no problem designing an advanced course for pros where the possibility to come into contact with other park-goers is nil, but to design a course that often throws at or around other patrons who may or may not be aware of the danger is criminal. I've spoken to the designer, who has a grand scheme in his mind, and to the parks and rec director, who seemed receptive to what I had to say, but now I fear I'm being ignored. If I know the dangers and issues with the park and have attempted to dissuade the designer and park director with no change, do you feel opening it up to a larger, more public forum is advised? I've done about as much as I can personally to try to keep a huge mistake from being made- should I air it out and try to get some members here to support a change before its too late?

Somehow I don't think this is the spot to get support AGAINST building another pro-level disc golf park. :)

The more high level parks there are, the better, I say!

See, you've missed the point. The course will be unsafe and quite often unplayable. It squirrels around 4 very nice baseball/softball fields and 12 soccer fields, where very large tournaments are frequently held. The soccer fields are also used for practice fields, and lacrosse tourneys are held there too. Imagine going on a road trip to this "pro-level" course and upon arrival seeing that you can't play it. Keep in mind, the fields and tourneys are the bread and butter of this park. If there ever comes the question of which should stay and which should go, it will be an easy decision- the baskets will be out. What I'm trying to do is stop a mistake before it becomes costly and dangerous, not that it really matters anymore. I've clearly been ignored by the designer, the park director, and by most everyone here. The holes for the baskets have been dug, and the tees have begun. I'll just sit back and wait the appropriate amount of time for the " I told you so."

See, you've missed the point. The course will be unsafe and quite often unplayable. It squirrels around 4 very nice baseball/softball fields and 12 soccer fields, where very large tournaments are frequently held. The soccer fields are also used for practice fields, and lacrosse tourneys are held there too. Imagine going on a road trip to this "pro-level" course and upon arrival seeing that you can't play it. Keep in mind, the fields and tourneys are the bread and butter of this park. If there ever comes the question of which should stay and which should go, it will be an easy decision- the baskets will be out. What I'm trying to do is stop a mistake before it becomes costly and dangerous, not that it really matters anymore. I've clearly been ignored by the designer, the park director, and by most everyone here. The holes for the baskets have been dug, and the tees have begun. I'll just sit back and wait the appropriate amount of time for the " I told you so."

Sounds like they're setting themselves up for failure. It'll be a shame if it takes a spectator taking a disc to the head (and inevitably getting a course pulled) to get through to someone. I can't think of a worse way to learn/be taught a lesson.

"I told you so" isn't going to help anything in the grand scheme of things though. Sometimes people just need to make mistakes so they can learn from them.

Sorry, I take it all back. Sounds like a horrible idea.

If Paul were still looking at this thread I would ask him what is the magic pink elixr he is drinking at worlds...is this is secret sauce that gives him the edge and focus required to perform at the highest level possible? or maybe just some crystal lite or something he likes because it is refreshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.