• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you might be alone on this one bigsky... its okay, youll save money on bags forever.

Yea, it appears that way. It's all good.

And you're right...I've only spent 14 dollars on disc golf bags since I started playing. :thmbup:

Hi Paul! It was great to meet you, Paul, and Brittany at Como Park on Tuesday. I hope you enjoyed your round there when you were passing through Buffalo. If you're ever passing through again, we have several other fun courses in the area you should check out.

While my group was following behind you on Tuesday, I couldn't help but notice how smooth you throw. So many other players I watch (including videos of some of the other pro's out there) seem to be trying to kill the disc all the time. Is this something you actually work on? Do you think that this finesse helps you achieve greater accuracy and is one of the more important parts of your game?

Hi Paul! It was great to meet you, Paul, and Brittany at Como Park on Tuesday. I hope you enjoyed your round there when you were passing through Buffalo. If you're ever passing through again, we have several other fun courses in the area you should check out.

While my group was following behind you on Tuesday, I couldn't help but notice how smooth you throw. So many other players I watch (including videos of some of the other pro's out there) seem to be trying to kill the disc all the time. Is this something you actually work on? Do you think that this finesse helps you achieve greater accuracy and is one of the more important parts of your game?

He is finesse like chris bosh.

Nothing wrong with that :p

hey Paul,
what items do you carry in your bag besides the discs
what do you use to get discs out of trees? golf balls, hockey pucks, measuring tape?

What erea of your game did you focus on practicing when you were in the mj3 division or younger?
What discs did you use?

Congratulations on the win last weekend.

In top-tier play, most competitors are grouped very closely with regards to physical ability and talent. What separates the best always comes down to the mental aspect- positive attitude, setting and striving for goals, the ability to push negative thoughts out, and focus. Winning two world championships in a row shows that you not only have the physical game down but the mental game as well.

What, if anything, do you do to work on your mental game?

Last edited:
My moneys on a baseball

hey Paul,
what items do you carry in your bag besides the discs
what do you use to get discs out of trees? golf balls, hockey pucks, measuring tape?

I can personally attest to helping him by using downed tree branches on the course last week. Took us a while to finally get the roc out of the tree, but we got it eventually.

Will this thread ever be closed??

Attention: Obviously some folks haven't read the entire thread. Paul no longer answers questions here. SpinTV is the official place to ask Paul whatever you'd like. He is still very active on DGCR, but he won't be answering your questions here.

We all thanked him kindly for his gracious participation and it was great while it lasted. We can and should move on now.

I did see that he hasn't chimed in here for a while, but where did you read that?

You expect people to read all 280+ pages?

See below. I didn't read all the posts. I did an advanced search of the thread for Paul's posts.

I have been MIA from this site due to the new Spin TV which i am now answering questions over there. So if you have questions its easier to answer them over there from me.

You expect people to read all 280+ pages?

Um... yes. I did. I'll see if I can find it... but it the announcement was made by Paul himself in this thread. Since then, he has yet to post once in here at all. It's time to move on.

That said, I bet he lurks here and reads these, but don't expect an answer.

I don't have time to read that much of this thread. The gf would kill me. Serious.

Thanks tbird and scotty, I had read back a few pages but failed to do an advanced search. :doh:

He never said he was completely abandoning this thread or this forum, he just said it would be easier to answer questions there (spinTV). I've seen him post a few times in other threads since Worlds, which was well after that statement.

He never said he was completely abandoning this thread or this forum, he just said it would be easier to answer questions there (spinTV). I've seen him post a few times in other threads since Worlds, which was well after that statement.

Yes and NO.

He is an active forum member and posts in other threads. He has NOT posted in here since #293 on 6/11/13.

So yes, he did say he wouldn't be answering questions here any longer. My guess is it was Innova's idea more than Paul's to move questions to SpinTV. Nonetheless... we had a great run and super dialogue with him here and that time has now passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts